become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/State
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Genealogy
Alabama Department of Archives and History
- Information about Alabama history and government, education materials and resources, photos, historic maps, newspapers, and genealogy research materials. Contact and user services information.
Alaska State Archives
- Site defines the agency's mission, offers a staff directory, and provides links to records retention schedules.
Arizona State Archives and Records Management
- Holdings date from 1864 to the present.
Arkansas History Commission and State Archives
- Information and directory of resources for the group responsible for collecting and preserving the source materials of the history of Arkansas.
California State Archives
- A division of the Office of the Secretary of State, provides a repository for the state's permanent governmental records as well as other materials documenting California history.
Colorado State Archives
- Agency information, history, and collections.
Delaware Public Archives
- Official depository state government records. Provides links to historical resources and research sites.
Friends of the Missouri State Archives
- A not-for-profit corporation, which aims to foster appreciation of history and illuminate public issues through Missouri records. News, events, list of genealogical researchers.
Georgia Department of Archives and History
- Select and ensure the preservation and accessibility of government and other information constituting Georgia's recorded history.
- Explains the operation and contents of the Historical Records Branch (open to the public) and Records Management Branch, which provides support services to state government agencies.
Historic New Orleans Collection and Williams Research Center
- Louisiana curatorial and manuscript collections, begun by General and Mrs. L. Kemper Williams.
Idaho State Historical Society
- Provides information on historical events in Idaho, prominent state landmarks, an events calendar, and a history of Idaho.
Indiana Commission on Public Records
- Provides information on records and forms management,and micrographics. Also includes information on county records, events calendars and state archives.
Kansas State Historical Society
- History and collections.
Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives
- Features the library, archival, and public records programs available and details the resources and reference information available.
Maine State Archives
- Official depository of state government records.
Maryland State Archives
- Includes the online Maryland Manual, and information about doing research in their collections of vital records, historical files, newspapers, maps, photographs, and art.
- General information and programs.
Minnesota Historical Society
- Has the world's largest repository of Minnesota materials. Describes its collections, which includes artefacts, documents, photographs and maps.
Minnesota State Archives
- Provides information on guidelines, legal issues, special projects and public services.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History
- Information on the department, archives, museums operated by the department, historic preservation initiatives, records management, and publications information.
Missouri State Archives
- Source for genealogical information, including courthouse records from Missouri counties, and census and historical information including the records of the Missouri Legislature, Supreme Court, and other state agencies.
Nebraska State Historical Society
- General information and research resources.
New Hampshire Division of Records Management and Archives
- Holdings information and guide.
New Hampshire Historical Society: Special Collections
- Images, manuscripts, maps, broadsides and ephemera documenting the state's history, located in Concord.
New Jersey Division of Archives and Records Management
- Agency and collection information.
New Mexico Commission of Public Records
- The NMCPR oversees the New Mexico State Archives, State Records Center, and State Rules Division. Includes records retention schedules, historical information and services, the New Mexico Register, and the New Mexico Administrative Code (NMAC).
New York State Archives
- Provides access to historical and state-specific records as well as educational resources, FAQs, and updates. Includes an online catalog.
North Carolina Division of Archives and History
- Dedicated to locations throughout North Carolina with information about the history of the state.
Ohio State Archives
- Provides information on the state's Electronic Records Committee, and Digitization Projects. Also includes information on marriage, military, and naturalization records.
Online Archive of New Mexico
- A single, integrated source for searching and navigating finding aids to archival collections housed at research institutions in New Mexico.
Oregon State Archives
- History and genealogical studies of Oregon. Database of government and legal records categorized by subject and date.
Pennsylvania State Archives
- Information and catalog.
Rhode Island State Archives and Public Records
- Photo gallery.
South Dakota State Archives
- Research and collection guides.
Tennessee State Library and Archives
- On-line catalog, virtual reference desk, general information, Tennessee history and genealogy, archives and manuscripts.
Utah State Archives and Records Service
- Agency information and catalog.
Vermont State Archives
- Information, collections, and reference services.
Virginia Digital Collections
- Mission is to preserve, digitize, and provide access to significant archival and library collections.
Washington State Archives
- Records search and research guides.
West Virginia State Archives and History
- Division of Culture and History.
Wisconsin Historical Society Archives
- Programs and holdings; manuscript collections; the official archives for state and local government records.
Wisconsin Veterans Museum Archives
- Include personal papers and records of organizations of Wisconsin veterans, held in Madison.
Wyoming State Archives
- Includes staff, contact information, hours, newsletter, guidelines, holdings and forms.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 9, 2015 at 5:15:05 UTC -