become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/United_Kingdom
Reference: Archives: Records Management: Products and Services: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Access to Archives
- A2A database contains catalogues of archives held across England and dating from the 900s to the present day.
- A major national gateway to archive collections held in UK universities and colleges, forming part of the National Archives Network.
Archives Network Wales
- An online searchable catalogue of document collections in record offices, universities, museums and libraries in Wales.
- Portal to an electronic directory of repositories holding manuscript sources for British history and Web based information on archival resources.
Bethlem Royal Hospital Archives and Museum
- Archives of the London institution founded in 1247 as a priory, but which has been for most of its history a hospital for people with mental illness.
British Library Manuscripts Collections
- The national repository of manuscripts and private papers and archives. They contain material of outstanding research importance for all periods, countries and disciplines. Online catalogue.
The British Postal Museum & Archive
- Visitor information, details of collections and exhibitions, online catalogue, and educational resources. Located in Camden.
BT Group Archives
- Preserves the historical information of British Telecommunications plc and its predecessors from the early part of the nineteenth century up to the present day.
Lambeth Palace Library
- The historic library of the archbishops of Canterbury, and the principal library and record office for the history of the Church of England.
Mountain Heritage Trust
- Aims to conserve and document the heritage, artefacts, history, traditions and records of the people connected with Britain's mountainous areas.
National Archive for the History of Computing
- Houses the UK's most important collection of documents relating to the history of computing, and encourages interest and study in the history of computing more generally.
The National Archives
- Promotes and manages the UK's archival collections. Details of collections and services, information for visitors, and an online search.
Public Record Office of Northern Ireland
- PRONI is the official place of deposit for public records in Northern Ireland. Includes location, visitor information, virtual tour, publications and indexes to records held.
Scottish Archive Network
- Provides access to many valuable resources for those interested in Scottish history.
The Scottish Records Advisory Council
- A statutory body which offers advice to Ministers on matters relating to the keeping of public records in Scotland and on issues of importance to the archive community. News, meetings, members and publication scheme.
Scottish Records Association
- A forum for users, owners and custodians of Scottish historical records; the provider of conferences, training events and publications about Scottish history and archives.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 10, 2015 at 6:24:05 UTC -