become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts/Film
Arts: Movies: Film Festivals
Business: Business Services: AudioVisual: Content: Stock Footage
This category in other languages:
American Film Institute: Louis B Mayer Library
- Holds books, periodicals and special collections covering aspects of motion pictures and television. Collections include thousands of scripts and production records. Visitor information. Los Angeles, California.
Anthology Film Archives
- Preserves and exhibits film and video with a focus on independent and avant-garde cinema. Holdings include books, periodicals, photographs, documents, manuscripts, letters, scripts, notebooks, and clippings. New York.
ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog
- Project to expand the offerings of the current ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Center in Burbank, California, to include a virtual archive, museum, library and research facility devoted to the art of animation. Progress reports and call for volunteers.
Association of Moving Image Archivists
- Organization devoted to advancing the field of moving image archiving. Includes information on membership, conferences, publications, awards, and interest groups.
BBC Learning Studies
- Video resources from the world's largest educational TV archive, incorporating a full licence to use in education and training.
Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
- Centre for study and education with museum, gallery and film archive. Located in Berkeley, California.
Contemporary Films Footage Library
- Home of the archive for UK's Contemporary Films studio, with a searchable library of cold war, WWII, civil rights, 60s, subculture and music footage.
The Douglas Fairbanks Sr. Museum
- Collection includes over 1100 artifacts, photographs, posters, periodicals, films and silent movie memorabilia. Includes admission rates and hours, by appointment only. Located in Austin, Texas, United States.
- Collects, distributes, sells and leases documentary films and videos primarily for educational use. Subjects include psychology, sociology, anthropology and multicultural issues.
Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies
- A collection of over 3,800 videotaped interviews with witnesses and survivors of the Holocaust. Admission by appointment during term time. Housed at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.
George Eastman House: Motion Picture Collections
- Collects and interprets images, films, and equipment in the disciplines of photography and motion pictures.
Harvard Film Archive
- Collects and screens fine foreign, art, historical, and other films.
- The guide to UK film and television archives in the public sector. Includes a map showing the regions covered by regional archives, and details of their collections.
National Film and Sound Archive
- Seeks to collect, preserve and share Australia's audio visual heritage.
National Film Archive of India
- Established in February, 1964 as a media unit of India's Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Organization overview, notes on the dissemination of film culture, forms, upcoming events, and resources.
National Film Preservation Board
- A public-private partnership to benefit the film preservation efforts of American film archives, historical societies and similar institutions.
The New Zealand Film Archive
- The Archive collects, protects and projects New Zealand's film and television history. Hosts nation-wide and online exhibitions, screenings and education programmes. Has research libraries in Auckland and Wellington.
Northern Ireland Digital Film Archive
- Collection contains 55 hours of moving images about Northern Ireland from 1897-2000, including drama, animation, documentaries, news, newsreels, and amateur films.
The Open Video Project
- Sponsored by and developed at the Interaction Design Laboratory at the School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. The purpose of the Open Video Project is to collect and make available a repository of digitized video content for the digital video, multimedia retrieval, digital library, and other research communities.
- Collection of advertising, amateur, educational and industrial films that date from 1903 to 1990. Historical and bibliographical resources on these genres.
The Ransom Center - Film Collection
- Located in Austin, Texas at the University of Texas. Various collections and reading rooms.
San Francisco Media Archive
- Collection of historically important films. General information including donation guidelines.
Screen Archive South East
- The public sector moving image archive serving the South East of England, working to collect, preserve, provide access to and promote screen material related to the region.
UCLA Film and Television Archive
- California-based museum, containing over 220,000 films and television programs and newsreel footage. Items are available to the public via screenings, research facilities, and licensing as stock footage.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 28, 2014 at 8:15:12 UTC -