become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transportation/Carpooling
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Car Sharing
Recreation: Travel: Transportation: Hitchhiking
This category in other languages:
- Free service nationwide that matches up commuters. Includes links to other resources.
- A mobile app for carpooling listings in the UK and Spain.
- Look for a carpool ride in Spain. Enter arrival and destination place. The system runs GPS-based matching.
- Includes search by radio station and interests to match up commuters with similar interests.
- Online system for people looking for shared ride.
- Free carpool and rideshare matching.
- Australian carpooling application online service, free for individual users. A paid application for organizations.
- Find a short distance carpooling partner for example to work, school or event.
- Carpooling partner search listings for the UK and Europe.
- A free tool to connect carpool providers and seekers in Indian metro cities.
- Matches commuters based on proximity to home and work. Worldwide.
- Carpool listings, maps and groups.
- Carpooling via a geographic search engine. Enter your requirements.
Composition of Vehicle Occupancy for Journey to Work Trips
- Research paper addressing the gaps in scientific literature by identifying individual, household and physical environment characteristics that correlate with an individual’s choice to rideshare instead of drive alone. [PDF]
- A mobile application for finding local carpooling partners.
- Free carpooling service to be built on top on the openstreetmap dataset. The service features an advanced reservation/ticketing system.
Emerging Ridesharing Solutions
- Information from ridesharing workshops: agendas, articles and slideshows presented.
- Ride sharing and carpool board. Travel and commuting databases arranged by country and state.
- Mainly Canadian carpool listings.
- Information and statistical information on carpooling without pre-arrangement.
- Lift sharing database connecting drivers and passengers to share the cost of travel to work, festivals, gigs and sporting events.
- Matches travellers for one-time trips.
- A service is built around Facebook and helps you share car journeys with your extended social network.
- Free service for drivers to submit their route to find trip companions and for others to search for a ride.
- Online service and phone app to search for either daily or long distance commute.
- Use home, destination locations and driving route to help commuters identify potential carpool partners.
- Australian carpool search listing service.
- The online service helping one find travelling companions.
MIT "Real-Time" Rideshare Research
- Information collected and presented by a group of transportation researchers in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering studying the existing challenges and the opportunities to increase ridesharing participation.
Not Driving Alone: Commuting in the Twenty-First Century
- A scientific investigation of recent commuting trends in American workers and both traditional economic determinants as well as socio-economic factors influencing their decision to carpool. [PDF]
- A venue for drivers and passengers to find a carpooling partner.
Pool My Car
- Carpooling partner search in India.
- A commuter network that matches commuters based on proximity to home and work.
- Carpooling partner search in the UK and Europe. No registration required.
- Feedback-rated system for one-time travel.
- A meeting point for people that want to reduce travel costs and pollution. Portal with a search engine based on Google maps.
- Carpooling partner search in Iceland. No registration required.
Share your Ride
- Free carpool and ride share service. Offer your roadtrips for free, find drivers and passengers.
- Organize rides to and from an airport.
- A service for event planners that facilitates ride- and taxi-shares among large event attendees.
Transportation Research Board: Flexible Carpooling to Transit Stations
- Explores a flexible carpooling service designed to increase carpooling to transit stations.
Who Chooses to Carpool and Why?
- A scientific examination of Texas carpoolers. [PDF]
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 25, 2013 at 2:50:46 UTC -