become an editor
the entire directory
only in Specialty_Travel/Volunteering
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
Society: Philanthropy: Volunteering
Remote Area Medical
- Provides free medical care to people in remote areas around the world via its fleet of aircraft. Information on volunteer opportunities, photo journal, and organization news.
- A future for street children in Mae Sai. The purpose of Childlife is to provide the street children in Mae Sai with a safe refuge, shelter and home, food, health and non-formal education.
- Organizes tailor-made international travel and volunteer placements. Information on prices, packages, and services.
- A private, nonprofit organization that promotes broad-based economic growth and the development of civil society in emerging democracies and developing countries.
- Offering opportunities for short term voluntary work on development aid projects overseas run by local non-governmental organisations in the third world. Information about projects, applying, and practicalities.
Amigos de las Americas
- Offers opportunities for young people to in public health, education and community development. Stories, Locations, Dates, and Rates.
Amizade International Volunteering and Service-Learning
- Provides community service volunteer programs around the world and international service-learning courses for academic credit.
- ARCAS is a non-profit Guatemalan NGO formed in 1989 by a group of Guatemalan citizens who became concerned as they saw their precious natural heritage rapidly disappearing before their eyes.
Asociacion Casa Guatemala
- An shelter in Guatemala for orphaned, abandoned, or abused children. Information about their activities, projects and supporters. Includes details of their needs, and on volunteering.
- Study abroad in Australia and New Zealand, detailing full degree program information, summer courses, internships, scholarships and financial aid, and application.
Belize Botanic Garden
- Belizean species are presented in an educational setting, including special collections such as Heliconias, orchids, and palms. Goals are to recreate specific habitats such as Pine Ridge, Baldy Beacon, as well as a savannah, a rainforest, and a riverine eco-system. Education on the horticultural heritage of Belize, including sustainable agriculture. San Ignacio, Belize.
- Provides a service for children and adults who are disabled and lives in the Hilir Perak district but also throughout Malaysia.
- Offering volunteer wildlife conservation expeditions in various countries.
Blue Ventures Conservation
- UK based not-for-profit organisation working to facilitating projects that enhance global coral reef conservation and research.
Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS)
- Offer religious volunteer youth opportunities abroad. Based in Elgin, Illinois.
Cameroon Wildlife Aid Fund
- A UK registered charity that runs the Mvog-Betsi zoo and Mefou National Park in Cameroon, in conjunction with the Cameroon government.
- Working from the educational, curative and social impulses of the Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, Dr Karl Koenig and a group of close associates started a school for disabled children, set within the context of a shared, Christian, communal life.
Canadian Crossroads International
- Non-profit organization dedicated to building a constituency of global citizens committed to voluntarism, international development and social action.
- Meeting the medical, educational and spiritual needs of children around the world.
- Center offers programs for academic credit or practical experience each year.
- A socially-responsible educational institute in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala promoting cross-cultural understanding. Includes cultural programs, social projects, internship program, volunteer work and travel services.
Catholic Medical Mission Board
- Medical relief agency providing international health care for third world relief. This Catholic charity sends medical donations including emergency medical supplies and pharmaceuticals for emergency aid.
Catholic Network of Volunteer Service (CNVS)
- Offers faith-based volunteer opportunities for men and women with varying skills, to help others in need of volunteer service. Database of short and long-term opportunities, in US and abroad.
Catholic Relief Services
- Catholic Relief Services does not currently have a volunteer program. To be considered for International job openings you need a Visa and work documentation.
CENIT - Center for the Working Girl
- Nonprofit NGO in Quito, Ecuador providing a variety of educational, vocational, and health services to working girls and their families. Information on programs, longterm follow-up, and volunteering.
Center for Cultural Interchange (CCI)
- Exchange program for students in the U.S.A. and 30 other countries. School year and short-term programs are described, including information on how to become a host family.
Cercopan Primate Sanctuary
- Provides sanctuary and rehabilitation to more than 60 individuals of six species.
CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization)
- Founded in 1967, CESO is a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization providing social and economic development expertise to Canadian Aboriginal Peoples, non-Aboriginal Canadians, developing nations and the new market economies of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Non-profit organization, located in Artesia, CA. serving South Asian residents of Southern California. Learn about the services and programs.
- If you are a student in Cape Peninsula, South Africa, Cheetah Outreach will bring a cheetah to your school. The rest of will have to make due with the Photo Gallery and the Meet our Cheetahs page. Also included is the page, Plight of the Cheetah which describes how the cheetah is losing habitat, and their conflict with livestock farmers in Namibia, a south African country.
Child Family Health International
- Service Learning in International Health for medical, pre-medical, and nursing students.
Child Haven International
- Assists children and women in 4 countries, who are in need of food, education, health care, shelter and clothing, emotional and moral support.
- CHOICE Humanitarian offers solutions to the hardships of poverty in the rural villages of the world with simple technologies, self-help initiatives and public awareness.
The Chol-Chol Foundation
- The Chol-Chol Foundation is a non-profit human development organization which works in indigenous communities in the ninth region of Chile.
Christian Peacemaker Teams
- Responding to Christ's call to confront injustice, its members attempt to bring the redemptive love of God to violent situations through direct, personal involvement. FAQ, calendar, history and mission, and action alerts.
Château de St-Ferriol, 11500 Aude, Languedoc, France
- Château de St-Ferriol is a late Medieval - early Renaissance château-fort in the foothills of the Pyrenees, looking for volunteer help with organic farming and restoration work, in exchange for accommodation and keep.
Citizens Democracy Corps
- A quasi-governmental body that functions as a local administration of its District, initiating, planning and managing community programmes. Information about its various services (jobs, social assistance, skills upgrading, healthcare) and even how you can volunteer.
Community Service Volunteers
- Charity dedicated to giving everyone the chance to play an active part in their community through volunteering, training, education and the media.
- A small nonprofit, nonsectarian, nongovernmental development and refugee aid organization.
The Conservation Volunteers
- Reclaiming green places since 1959, through environmental projects and a network of community groups.
Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Help create a Better Earth become a conservation volunteer.
Coral Cay Conservation
- Volunteer expeditions that provide resources to help sustain livelihoods and alleviate poverty through the protection, restoration and management of coral reefs and tropical forests.
- Offers programs to volunteer and intern in Ecuador, Ghana, India, and Nepal from one week to one year.
Costa Rica Outward Bound
- Rainforest trekking, whitewater rafting, Spanish language study, kayaking, scuba diving, and study abroad for university credit. (San Jose, Costa Rica)
Council on International Educational Exchange
- To help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world, is Council's mission.
- A faith-based organization dedicated to mutual accompaniment with the church of the poor and marginalized communities in El Salvador.
- An international volunteer program, with opportunities in Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Ghana, India, Peru, Russia, Tanzania, and Thailand.
Development Projects and Adventurous Overland Travel
- Combines award winning development projects and adventurous overland travel.
Doctors Without Borders
- Doctors and nurses volunteer to provide urgent medical care in countries to victims of war and disaster. Includes news, exhibits, publications, speeches, field news, and volunteering information.
- An international non-profit organization supporting scientific field research and offering members of the public the opportunity to work with distinguished field scientists.
- Cooperatively run rainforest property at the head of Tararu Valley, surrounded by 140,000 acres of the Coromandel State Forest Park - 1.5 hours from Auckland, New Zealand.
- Works to create opportunities for disadvantaged people by offering effective and lasting routes out of homelessness and promoting social inclusion.
Enkosini Eco Experience
- Provides volunteer conservation placements on wildlife projects and reserves in southern Africa from offices in South Africa and the United States. Includes project details, rates and application form.
Explorations In Travel Inc.
- Outdoor and cultural adventures for women over 40. Domestic and international active travel trips for women.
- A volunteer organization which operates free medical clinics in Baja California, Mexico. Doctors, dentists, nurses, translators, pilots and support personnel fly to clinics in private aircraft.
Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD)
- Offers 4-52 week internship and volunteer programs in developing countries for students and professionals. Includes video and application information. San Francisco, California.
Fundacion Brethren y Unida
- NGO based in Ecuador working on rural development and volunteer projects in agro-ecology, environmental education and small business development.
- Ecuador conservation organisation preserving cloud forests and running community projects. Volunteer projects in reforestation, organic and coffee plantation farming, plant and tree study, bird, mammal, insect study in the Alto Choco bioregion.
Fundación Aldeas de Paz
- The Peace Villages Foundation, a sustainable Non-Governmental Organization run by volunteers. Programs and location. Santa Elena de Uairén, Venezuela.
- Offers a variety of volunteering, intership, trekking, adventure and cross-cultural experience to international volunteers in Nepal, India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, China, Mongolia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Kenya, Ghana, and Tibet.
Global Deaf Connection
- Hosts volunteer vacations to individuals interested in working with deaf children throughout the world.
Global Service Corps
- International volunteering and internship opportunities for cross-cultural learning and community service in Thailand and Tanzania. Short-term (two to four weeks), long-term (two to six months), and student internship programs are available, in projects in healthcare, education, and environment/sustainable agriculture.
Global Vision International (GVI)
- Promotes sustainable development worldwide through responsible volunteering programs. Trips, courses and destination map.
Global Volunteer Network
- A non profit organisation which places volunteers in community projects worldwide.
- Sends teams of volunteers to work on short-term development projects worldwide. Coordinates over 150 teams per year. Trip information and contacts for Minnesota non-profit organization.
- Summer programs located in all types of cultures around the world. Students live in places that range from small villages to ruined castles. Community service, language and adventure travel programs for teenagers.
- Resource for finding voluntary work in nature conservation. Lists short and long term projects. Volunteers can work worldwide, with marine mammals or terrestrial fauna, in national parks or in wildlife rescue centers.
Greenforce Conservation Expeditions
- Specializes in marine and terrestrial scientific conservation expeditions for gap year students, university students and those wanting to undertake international voluntary work in Borneo, The Bahamas, Fiji and Zambia.
- Volunteer work in exchange for free accommodation and food (bed and board) in Australia, New Zealand and Europe on farms, backpacker hostels, lodges and other properties.
i-to-i International Projects
- Provides a variety of work experiences including teaching English as a foreign language, community development, conservation, construction, and skills development.
- Offers international volunteers programs in Brazil. Focused on community development programs.
Inter-community Development Involvement (ICODEI), Kenya
- Organization working on HIV/AIDS education in Kenya, building libraries and pre-schools, encouraging micro-enterprise for women and providing health care for the people of Western Kenya.
Inter-Cultural Youth Exchange
- Sends volunteers to work with communities overseas in social and welfare placements from 3 weeks to one year.
IT in Isan
- Computer learning program in Thailand taught by international volunteers.
Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Serve the homeless, the unemployed, refugees, people with AIDS, the elderly, street youth, abused women and children, the mentally ill and the developmentally disabled.
- Charitable project aimed at improving education facilities in rural areas. Information on the project, people and helping.
Little Children of the World (LCW)
- Interdenominational Christian agency enabling people to assist in a variety of programs from health care to financial accounting. Details and pictures. Atlanta, Georgia.
Make a Difference Now
- International volunteer organization which works to match prospective volunteers with small social service projects around the world for short and long term stays. Hailey, Idaho.
Minnesota Studies in International Development
- University of Minnesota's resource for study, work, intern, volunteer, and travel experiences.
Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
- Empowers people with disabilities around the world through international exchange, information, technical assistance and training, and to ensure the inclusion of people with disabilities in international exchange and development programs.
Mokolodi Game Reserve
- The 12,500 acre non-profit reserve provides environmental educate to children of Botswana.
- Offers volunteers a cross-cultural opportunities in Thailand. Volunteer information, forum, contact info, links and news.
Personal Overseas Development
- Voluntary work and adventure travel in Africa and South America. Opportunities include teaching, helping in orphanages and health care.
Restoration Works International
- Organization to help communities around the world restore artifacts and promote responsible tourism. Provides objectives, news and upcoming events. Based in California.
Reto Juvenil Internacional
- A non profit organization offering programs for post high school youth volunteers in community development, environmental education and conservation. Program calendar, participation requirements and application form.
Service Civil International
- Worldwide volunteer placement for generalists in short term 2 week workcamps and long term 3-12 month social service or non profit community grassroots projects. SCI is based in Seattle, Washington.
- A tour operator offering volunteer abroad experiences and adventure tours to 18-35 year olds, gap students and large group travelers.
Travel to Teach
- Provides teaching volunteering opportunities in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Mexico and Ecuador.
Uganda Wildlife Education Centre
- Voluntary organisation for conservation education and the rescue of animals orphaned or confiscated from poachers. Formerly Entebbe Zoo.
United Nations Volunteers
- The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that supports human development globally by promoting volunteerism and by mobilizing volunteers.
- An international non-profit with members and programs in over 100 countries.
VIA (Volunteers in Asia)
- VIA is a private, non-profit, non-sectarian organization dedicated to increasing understanding between the United States and Asia.
Vijnana Kala Vedi Centre
- This organization in Aranmula, Pathanamthitta District offers courses in traditional art forms.
Volunteer Abroad Free
- A small site listing free volunteer abroad programs. Programs are primarily for professionals looking to volunteer abroad for free.
Volunteer Abroad with EIL Intercultural Learning
- Non-profit organisation sending volunteers to work on development projects around the world.
- Get information and advice on volunteering in Africa. Recruits volunteers for community projects of 1-3 months in rural Tanzania.
- Provides positions working in children's centers, humanitarian and ecological organizations. Includes details of Spanish schooling and a home stay program. Cochabamba, Bolivia.
- Provide practical support, information and other resources for individuals wanting to volunteer and organisations working with volunteers in Ireland through an online Volunteer placement service.
- Individual and group volunteer placements in South and Central America, New Zealand, Australia, Samoa and Nepal. Conservation projects, teaching, farming, and animal rescues feature in their options.
Volunteers For Africa Service
- (VFA) is a Private Not-For-Profit International Service destined to assist people of all walks of life come to work and volunteer in Africa and assist in long term development.
Volunteers for Rural Development Ghana
- Ghanaian workcamp service for volunteers willing to make a positive contribution to the communities in the rural areas. Possible projects are school building, HIV/AIDS campaigns and tree planting. Photos, activity details and information on Ghana.
- (Voluntary Service Overseas). An international development charity which works through volunteers. Enables people aged 17-70 to share their skills and experience with local communities in the developing world.
Watamu Turtle Watch
- A marine conservation organisation working to protect sea turtles and the marine environment through conservation, research, education, campaigning and community development. Offers news, events, links, and information.
Willing Workers in South Africa
- WWISA arranges working volunteer holidays to South Africa and abroad.
Willing Workers on Organic Farms Australia
- Prints a directory of over 1,000 organic host farms; includes information on WWOOF programs, directory of agents, and bulletin board of opportunities.
Witness for Peace
- Politically independent grassroots organization with a mission is to support peace, justice and sustainable economies in the Americas by changing US policies and corporate practices in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Women in Progress
- International volunteer program focusing on assisting women in Africa to grow their micro enterprises and become self sufficient through business and IT consulting and training. Information for students as well as details on programs and internships.
World University Service of Canada
- A network of individuals and post-secondary institutions who believe that all peoples are entitled to the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to a more equitable world.
World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF)
- Provides a directory of over 600 hosts. Includes information on programs, farm listings, host guidelines and FAQs. Canada.
World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms - USA
- Produces a printed directory of organic farmers in the United States who participate in WWOOF programs.
World Youth International
- An Australia based non-profit, non-religious, non-government organization providing volunteering opportunities teenagers, adults and seniors. Includes news, programs and projects.
- Organization assisting those who would like to work as volunteers on organic farms internationally. Program highlights and contact information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 7, 2014 at 2:11:49 UTC -