become an editor
the entire directory
only in Trains_and_Railroads/Rail-fanning_and_Train-spotting
Trains and Railroads
Rail-fanning and Train-spotting
AbRail Rail Databases
- Databases of all UK locomotives, multiple unit and coaching stock authorised for use on Network Rail.
- Covering rail activity on CSX’s Boston line.
- Individual locomotive history for all steam, diesel and electric locos running on Britains main railways from 1923 to 1997.
- A photographic journey along the Settle and Carlisle railway and historical railway information including locomotive and rolling stock observations at Chesterfield.
- Everything to do with trains in California. Includes photos, videos and maps.
Canadian Pacific Railway Diesel Roster
- CPR locomotive roster and paint data.
Cape Cod Rails
- Devoted to railfanning both near and far from Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
The Central Jersey Railfan Page
- Railfanning in New Jersey. Site includes timetables, pictures, and scanner frequencies.
Chicago Rail Junctions
- An in-depth look at some busy rail crossings in the Chicago area and northwest Indiana.
Class 25 Action
- Record of all known BR Class 25 hauled passenger trains, performance records and photographs of these locos in action.
Class 47s Around Southampton
- Weekly updated pictures and archive showing the decline of Brush Class 47 around the Southampton area.
Class 60 Locomotives in the UK
- Tugtracker.co.uk logs Class 60 Locomotive workings and contains a datafile for each locomotive. Listing storage locations, engine hours and pool codes for all 100 Brush Built locomotives.
The Coast Line
- Railroading and railfanning in the San Francisco area.
- Details of railfanning in Colorado.
- Photo gallery of railfanning in Columbus, Ohio. Also contains radio frequencies, maps and information on rail yards.
The Diesel Shop
- Motive power rosters for several railways. Includes locomotive builders and leasers.
Dogcaught: Illustrations of Pacific Northwest Railroading
- A weblog-style commentary on railroading in the Pacific Northwest, including motive power sightings and timely photographs.
End of the Line: Withdrawn & Stored Locomotives UK
- This site is to keeps track of this ever changing situation, logging movements, additions to or reinstatements from storage, disposals etc.
Flickr: Disused Railways
- Disused railways, tracks, platforms, empty stations, viaducts, bridges, tunnels. But no trains.
- Photos of railroads, railroad equipment, locomotives which are no longer being used.
Gensheet UK Railways and Photographs
- UK rail enthusiast site, including timetables and photo galleries.
German Railway Signals
- Description of German Railway signals, boards, and rules.
John's Alaska Railroad Page
- Focus is on railroading in the state of Alaska.
Live Railroad Radio Communications
- Live railroad scanner radio feeds and discussion forums from the US and Canada.
- UK train spotting database allowing train spotters to store sessions and sightings on the internet.
Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern Rail
- Railfan photos and information from the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions.
New Brunswick Railways
- Rail operations around New Brunswick, Canada.
- Railfanning information with a focus on the Niagara and southern Ontario region.
The Port of Tillamook Bay Railfan's Guide
- A complete guide for railfans visiting this Oregon Coast shortline. Topics include locomotive and car rosters, galleries, videos, history, and maps.
- Online railroad video database with a discussion forum.
- Contemporary railfan information for railroads in and around the state of Pennsylvania.
- Railfanning site with an emphasis on the United States.
- Information about the current railfan scene in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Railfanning in Alabama
- Railfanning in the heart of Dixie. Includes CSX, NS, IC, BNSF and many shortlines.
Railfanning the B&O around Cumberland, MD
- Covers the Cumberland Subdivision to Brunswick, MD, the Keystone Subdivision to Connellsville, PA, and the Mountain Subdivision to Grafton, WV.
- US based railfan site. Includes railroad news, history and general features.
- Information on railways in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and international locations.
Railroad Photos and Videos
- Photos, audio, and video of trains from many of the major freight railroads and tourist lines in the United States.
- Blog containing information on train operations and local railfan watch spots.
- Discussion forum and photo gallery for railroaders, railfans and anyone else who is interested in railroads.
Railscanning In Toronto
- A guide to listening in on Toronto area railways.
- American and Canadian rail pictures spanning three decades. Includes links and contact info.
RTP Railfan Railfanning in the Carolinas
- Contains photography and video of interest to railfans as well as maps to show locations.
- Information on railroads in Southern New Jersey. Contains maps, schedules, and photos.
SoCalRailFan - Exploring Southern California Railroads & Trains
- Resource for southern California railfans including forums and photos.
- Information on Southern Railway, including history, photos and equipment rosters.
St. Louis Railfanning
- Railfan guide to St. Louis, MO. Photographs and hot spots. Diesel locomotive production statistics from ALCo, EMD and GE.
- Downloadable recordings of steam hauled trains on main line and preserved railways in the UK.
- Pictures and information about subway trains.
- Railfan site including photographs, discussion forums, live chat and multimedia clips.
- Live rail webcam from Folkston, Georgia.
- Message boards and discussion forums for all facets of railroading.
- Trainspo is a free project that is designed to gather information about all the types of rail transport in the world in one database with high quality pictures.
UK Preserved Steam
- Site examining steam, preserved and heritage railways in the United Kingdom.
The Unofficial Soo Line Diesel Roster
- Information about 888 diesel locomotives from the Soo Line roster.
Rail-fanning and Train-spotting
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 24, 2015 at 13:22:28 UTC -