become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Trains and Railroads
20th Century Rail Club
- Organization for people who have an interest in traveling by train.
Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad
- Tourist railroad which operates using vintage equipment.
Adirondack Scenic Railroad
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad with train rides in the Adirondack Park from Utica, Old Forge, Saranac Lake and Lake Placid, New York.
Black River and Western Railroad
- Black River and Western Railroad is a steam powered tourist train ride in New Jersey.
Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- Train tours in the spectacular Blue Ridge mountains of North Georgia via vintage, historic locomotives originally created for the Atchison, Topeka and Sante Fe, and Southern Pacific Railroads.
Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train
- A dinner train running through New Hampshire.
Cape Cod Central Railroad
- Scenic and dinner trains on the rails of Cape Cod, Mass.
Cass Scenic Railroad State Park
- West Virginia scenic rail line, runs eleven miles from Cass to Bald Knob, using steam locomotive power and old logging flat-cars that have been converted into passenger coaches. Site has schedules, photos, and history.
Chelatchie Prairie Railroad
- Scenic excursion railroad running between Yacolt, Washington to Moulton Falls and Chelatchie Prairie.
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
- Offers a variety of scenic trips through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and beyond. Connects Cleveland, Akron, and Canton, Ohio, with optional bus connections to various attractions.
European Train Enthusiasts
- Organization focusing on educating the public on the subject of European railroading.
Fillmore and Western Railway
- Exceptional dinner train service, Murder Mystery Theatre, and weekend excursion trains traveling through the majestic Heritage Valley between Fillmore and Santa Paula, Ca.
Fremont & Elkhorn Valley Railroad of Nebraska
- A brief overview of the Fremont and Elkhorn Valley Railroad, its history and current operations.
Friends of SP 4449
- Information about Southern Pacific steam locomotive 4449 and upcoming trips.
The Friends of the 261
- Milwaukee Road 261 steam locomotive. Excursion information, trip reports, and online purchasing of tickets for trains.
The Hobo and Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroads
- The Hobo Railroad in the White Mountains, minutes away from the Old Man, departs from Lincoln, NH. The Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad departs from Meredith and Weirs Beach in the Lakes Region of NH.
Kiski Junction Railroad
- New operating freight/tourist railroad in Southwest Pennsylvania. See remnants of by-gone canals, coal mines, distilleries, as well as local scenery.
Mount Hood Railroad
- The historic railroad carries passengers from the scenic Columbia Gorge to the foothills of the majestic Mt. Hood, Oregon.
The Mountain State Mystery Train
- Passengers ride the rails through the scenic and spectacular New River Gorge National River Recreational Area, in beautiful West Virginia.
Nevada Northern Railway
- Home of the Ghost Train in Ely, Nevada. Includes its history, photos, special events, schedule, route and fares.
New Hope and Ivyland Railroad
- Vintage trains leave from New Hope, Pennsylvania, for trips through Bucks County.
Newport Dinner Train
- Dine in classic elegance as you ride around scenic Narragansett Bay aboard the golden age of railroading.
Old Colony and Newport Railroad
- 1 1/4 Hour ride along Narragansett Bay in Vintage Equipment. Leaves across street from Newport RI Visitors Ctr. Nostalgia is ever present with 80-100 year old passenger cars.
Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad
- Information about rail tours through the mountains of West Virginia.
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
- Rich railroad history and non-stop scenic treasures await passengers on the newly re-awakened Rio Grande Scenic Railroad, with daily one-way and round-trip service from Alamosa to La Veta.
- Daytime and evening trips are offered year-round on this dinner train just outside Sacramento, CA. Popular trips include Murder Mysteries, Sunset Dinners, Sunday Brunches, Great Train Robberies & a variety of seasonal trips.
Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad
- Chartered to preserve and restore original equipment of the railroad. Operates two Sundays per month, and other special days, June through September.
Sierra Railroad - Golden Sunset Dinner Train
- Enjoy fine dining and exquisite scenery while traveling aboard this dinner train round trip from Sierra Station in Oakdale to the Sierra foothills.
Strasburg Rail Road
- Steam short line. Fares, schedule, directions, area attractions, and contact information.
Tioga Central Railroad
- Site provides schedules, fares, and other information about the railroad's operation in north central Pennsylvania. Pictures of trains and scenery are included.
Verde Canyon Railroad
- A tourist railroad in Arizona featuring spectacular scenery, all seen from the comfort of either an open car, or a passenger coach. Includes a virtual tour of the 4 hour trip.
Volunteer Railroaders Association
- Operates seasonal train rides for children as fund raisers for the state transportation museum and other NJ railroad historical preservation causes.
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
- Scenic railroad excursion including meals through Western Maryland.
White Mountain Central Railroad
- Steam Tourist Railroad, Museum and Family-Oriented Theme park.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2014 at 22:46:12 UTC -