become an editor
the entire directory
only in Miniature/Europe
Trains and Railroads
Recreation: Trains and Railroads: Organizations: Narrow Gauge: Europe
Reference: Museums: Transportation: Railroad: Europe
Regional: Europe: Recreation and Sports
Regional: Europe: Transportation: Rail
Bekonscot Light Railway
- A 7.25" minimum gauge estate railway in the grounds of Bekonscot, England, the world's oldest model village.
Belfast and County Down Miniature Railway
- The society has built a 1500m long 7¼in gauge railway on the outskirts of Bangor, Northern Ireland. Visitors and new members welcome on Sunday afternoons.
- Private railway with occasional open days at Biddenden, Kent.
Bradford Model Engineering Society
- A society based in Bradford, West Yorkshire for people with interests in passenger carrying miniature railways, model boats, model road vehicles and general model engineering.
Brighouse and Halifax Model Engineers
- Operates 2.5", 3.5", 5" and 7.25" gauge railways.
Britain's Great Little Railways
- The organization for miniature or narrow gauge railway operators and traders in the UK from 15 inch gauge down to 7¼ inch.
Bure Valley Railway
- The Norfolk based 15in gauge Bure Valley Railway travels from Aylsham to Wroxham.
Burnley and Pendle Miniature Railway Society
- A 7¼ inch gauge miniature railway located at Thompson Park Burnley, UK.
Cardiff Model Engineering Society
- Miniature train and tram rides in delightful parkland on the outskirts of the capital city of Wales,UK.
Corris Hill Railway and CMG Railway
- The 5" gauge Corris Hill Railway. Lots of information and pictures on track and rolling stock construction.
Dragon Miniature Railway
- The Dragon miniature railway, with 7¼ inch gauge track is in the garden centre near to Marple, Stockport, in North-West England, UK.
East Herts Miniature Railway
- Situated within Van Hagues Garden Centre, Ware, Herts, UK. Open every weekend throughout the year. Visiting 7¼ inch gauge locos welcome.
Eastbourne Miniature Steam Railway
- Eastbourne's 1/8th scale 7¼in gauge miniature railway. Travel on replica coaches behind the famous steam locomotives nearly a mile around the five acre Southbourne Lake.
Eastleigh Lakeside Railway
- A dual gauge 10¼/7¼in miniature railway running 1¼ miles from its main station, Eastleigh Parkway, to Monks Brook Halt and then back to Eastleigh Parkway. Driver training courses available.
Eaton Park - Katie
- This is just one page of Geoff's Rail Pages featuring the reincarnation of Heywood's Eaton Railway.
Effie on Tour
- Photos of the replica Heywood loco 'Effie' at the Darlington Railway Centre, the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway (for the naming ceremony by Sir Peter Howard) and at the Cleethorpe Coast Light Railway.
Evesham Vale Light Railway
- The 15" gauge Evesham Vale Light Railway is located at the Evesham Vale Country Park, near Stratford Upon Avon.
- Site with information on train times, fares, special events and background history about this Welsh steam railway.
Forest Railroad Ltd
- A small portable 7 1/4 Gauge Railway for hire at events and functions in the UK. Offering both steam and diesel traction. Hire costs to suit every budget.
Fox Hollow Light Railway
- A private 5 inch gauge garden railway in the UK.
Frimley Lodge Miniature Railway
- A 7¼ inch club railway operated by the Frimley and Ascot Locomotive Club in the grounds of the 59 acre Frimley Lodge Park, Surrey, UK.
Giles Favell - 10 1/4" Gauge Railways
- Giles Favell 10.25" gauge site, lots of useful miniature railway information.
Great Cockcrow Railway
- Emanating from the Greywood Central Railway, built from 1946, at a private address in Walton-on-Thames, the 7¼" gauge Great Cockcrow Railway opened in 1968 in the small village of Lyne near Chertsey, Surrey, UK.
Grosvenor Park Miniature Railway
- GPMR is a 7¼ inch gauge railway located only a few minutes walk from Chester's historic city centre.
The Ground Level 5 Inch Main Line Association
- Association with a focused objective on 5 in gauge miniature railways.
Guildford Model Engineering Society
- The raised track is a combined 3½ and 5 inch gauge of 1405 feet in length. The 7¼ inch track is 990 feet long, at ground level and runs round the outside of the raised track.
The Heywood Society
- Aims to further the association of those involved in miniature railways from 7¼” gauge to 21” gauge, to meet for visits to such railways, to publish a journal, to maintain a register of members and their railways, to collect from time to time, material that may form a history of miniature railways.
Hidden Valley Discovery Park
- The Little Didtre Light Railway. A railway that runs through the grounds of Little Didtre and Hidden Valley. With a track gauge of 7.25 inches, trains negotiate their way under bridges and through cuttings on a return journey. UK.
Hotham Park Miniature Railway
- A ride around the park in Bognor Regis, West Sussex. Includes running dates, pricing, and ride information.
Kerr's Miniature Railway
- Runs along a quarter mile track on the seafront. Includes history, photo gallery and directions.
Lappa Valley Steam Railway
- Ride on three different sizes of railway.
Little Red Train
- A portable miniature railway, running 7.25 inch gauge (1:8 scale) models of historic London Underground trains.
Lyngford Light Railway
- The construction and operation of a private 5 inch gauge garden railway with a narrow gauge industrial style.
Malden and District Society of Model Engineers Ltd.
- Operators of the Thames Ditton Miniature Railway.
Miniature Railway World
- A database for public miniature railways in the UK. Includes an index of miniature railways by county and name, latest news, digest and forum.
Mizens Miniature Railway
- The 7.25 inch gauge passenger carrying railway of the Brooklands Model Railway Group, Woking, Surrey, UK.
Moors Valley Railway
- 7¼in narrow gauge railway, over one mile long, situated in the Moors Valley Country Park, Ringwood, Hampshire, UK.
- A 15 inch miniature railway in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, UK.
Peter Beevers Miniature Railway
- These pages contain information our miniature railway equipment (7.25" gauge) and associated items. Includes details on PH loco construction.
Pickled Cabbage Railway
- Hubert Wetekamp's Pickled Cabbage Railway "PCR" in 2½/3in scale on 7¼in gauge track.
Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
- Situated in the English Lake District this 15" Narrow Gauge Railway carries passengers from the old Roman Port of Ravenglass seven miles along the Eskdale Valley to Eskdale.
Rhyl Miniature Railway
- Information on the Rhyl Miniature Railway, the UK's oldest miniature railway, at the Marine Lake, Rhyl.
- Members operate a club track with 3.5, 5 and 7.25 inch gauges.
Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway
- A 15-inch gauge working railway with a fine fleet of one-third scale steam and diesel locomotives.
Rudyard Lake Steam Railway
- Located near Leek in Staffordshire, England alongside Rudyard Lake. The railway is 10.25in narrow gauge and uses steam engines for its 3 mile return trip. Includes timetables, fare information, and pictures of the engines.
Ruislip Lido Railway
- Welcome to the home page of the 12in gauge Ruislip Lido Railway. It is located in northwest London, just north of Ruislip.
Saltburn Miniature Railway
- Situated on the North East Coast of England. Saltburn Miniature Railway is one of the country's famous 15 inch gauge railways.
- A unique narrow gauge electric tramway, running on a 3 mile line from Seaton to Colyton via Colyford in Devon, UK. Includes history of the previous 15in gauge line in Eastbourne.
Sherwood Forest Railway
- A 15 inch gauge miniature railway nestled deep in the Sherwood Forest Farm Park, near Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire, UK.
Sian Project Group
- Website of the Sian Project Group, who own, maintain and operate the ex Fairbourne steam locomotive Sian.
The South Downs Light Railway
- A new public 10¼in gauge railway of approximately ½ mile length with scale steam locomotives at the Country Gardens Centre in Pulborough, West Sussex. Supported by the SDLR Society, new members are welcome.
Stapleford Miniature Railway
- The UK based world famous 10¼" gauge railway. The SMR is home to the mighty one fifth scale Niagara and Berkshire American locos and of course some very fine one fifth scale British and French ones as well!
The Steeple Grange Light Railway
- An 18 inch gauge line open to the public near Wirksworth in Derbyshire, UK.
The Stortford Railway
- Details of a railway in a private garden in Bishop's Stortford, UK. It is of full-size narrow-gauge outline, uses battery electric traction and has occasional open days.
Surrey Society of Model Engineers
- Society for anyone interested in model engineering, with a primary focus on miniature railways.
Sutton Coldfield Model Engineering Society
- The members operate at Little Hay, near Lichfield, Staffs, UK. The Balleny Green Railway has a raised level track of length 460 feet, comprising of 2.5,3.5 and 5 inch gauges and a ground level track of total length 2000 feet comprising 5/7.25 inch gauges.
Swanley New Barn Railway
- A 7¼" railway running around the Swanley Park in Kent, UK.
Taunton Model Engineers
- The club has is a 7.25 and 5 inch ground level track at the Recreation Ground, Creech St Michael, Taunton and a 3.5 and 5 inch raised track at Vivary Park, Taunton, UK
Thorne Memorial Park Miniature Railway
- The 7¼ inch gauge miniature railway is operated by volunteers of the Doncaster and District Model Engineering Society Ltd.
Triang Minic Railways
- The official website for fans of Triang Minic Railways.
Vanstone Woodland Railway
- A 10¼ in (260mm) gauge miniature railway, 560 yards in length, located near Codicote, in Hertfordshire, UK.
Wells & Walsingham Light Railway
- Claimed to be the longest 10¼ inch gauge steam railway in the world. Has a unique Garratt locomotive "Norfolk Hero" which was especially built for this line.
Wells Harbour Railway
- The Wells Harbour is a 10¼in gauge railway which runs 1200 yards from the harbour station at Wells Next The Sea in Norfolk to Pinewoods.
Wythall Miniature Steam Railway
- Wythall Miniature Steam Railway is situated in the grounds of the Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Trust in Chapel Lane, Wythall, Birmingham, UK.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 28, 2016 at 12:38:27 UTC -