the entire directory
only in Trains_and_Railroads/History
Trains and Railroads
Brunel, Isambard Kingdom
Science: Technology: Transportation: History
Shopping: Entertainment: Recordings: Video: Special Interest
Shopping: Publications: Books: Vehicles
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
Society: Issues: Transportation
This category in other languages:
Abandoned Railroads Of The United States
- The history of numerous United States rail lines which have since been abandoned.
Akron Barberton Belt Railroad
- Steam and diesel roster, pictures, and history.
Algoma Eastern Railway
- The history of Northern Ontario’s Algoma Eastern Railway.
- An informational "A to Z" resource guide to American railroads.
Castle Howard Station
- An historical record including text, photographs and personal memories relating to this unique station on the York to Scarborough line in North Yorkshire, UK.
Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad
- History of the line from 1891 to its demise in 1963. Includes photographs of the cars, stops, hardware, ephemra and time tables.
CNR In Ontario
- Information on Canadian National Railway's stations in Ontario. Stations are organized alphabetically and in 1954 subdivision, with a short history.
Coal Towers and Coaling Stations for Railroad Steam Locomotives
- Old photo and statistics for railroad coal towers and coaling stations in the United States, built by Roberts and Schaefer Co., Circa 1908 - 1912.
Consolidated Railroads of Cuba 50th Anniversary
- short history and over one hundred photographs of the railroad, rolling stock, stations, and the Headquarters town of Camaguey from the late 1940's and early 1950's.
Crowsnest Railway Route
- Located in southern British Columbia. Describes its history and includes pictures, maps and links.
- Information on historic railroad accidents.
Dundonald Railway Station
- Information about the former Belfast and County Down Railway station at Dundonald, County Down, Northern Ireland.
Flying Yankee Restoration
- News about the restoration of the stainless steel diesel powered train set known as The Flying Yankee, designed by E.G.Budd Company in 1934.
Georgia's Railroad History And Heritage
- Historical guide to Georgia's railroads, from the 1830s to the present.
The Great Northern Empire - Then and Now
- Historic information about James J. Hill's Great Northern Railway in the USA, and what is left of it today.
Green Bay & Western Lines: The East-West Short Route
- The Green Bay and Western RR, its predecessors and affiliated lines; prototype and modeling information.
Hocking Valley Railway Information Center
- Devoted to the Hocking Valley Railway, its predecessors, successors, and affiliates. Includes photos, history, route guides and maps.
Irish Railway Photos
- A collection of photographs taken of the Irish railway scene from 2001 onwards.
Kansas City, Clay County and St. Joseph Railway
- Historical information and photographs of the Kansas City, Clay County and St. Joseph interurban electric railway 1913-1933.
The Last Days Of Steam
- The memoirs of trainman during the 1950s.
The Last Main Line - A Railway Archive
- Utilises Newton’s photographic collection, along with other archive material, to examine the impact of the Great Central railway on the people, businesses and transport infrastructure of the UK.
The London & North Eastern Railway Encyclopedia
- A reference work about the London North Eastern Railway of Britain. Includes engineer biographies and locomotive descriptions.
Long Island Rail Road History
- Features early history, timeline, maps, rolling stock and bibliography.
The Lost Engines of Roanoke
- A profile of four little known survivors of the steam era that are hidden at a scrap metal yard in Virginia.
Maryport and Carlisle Railway
- The History of the Maryport and Carlisle Railway Bolton Loop branch line in Cumbria.
Museum of America's Freedom Trains
- Preserves the 1947-1949 Freedom Train and the 1975-1976 Bicentennial American Freedom Train, both of which toured the 48 contiguous United States.
- A brief overview of the history of Ohio Railroads, and a look at their operations today.
Old Time Trains
- Canadian railway history and stories, by and about railroaders.
Penn Central Railroad Information
- Details the history of the fallen flag railway Penn Central.
Penn Central Railroad Online
- Covers the railroad which folded in 1976. Includes maps and charts, photographs, and FAQ.
Railroad Glory Days
- Chronicling the late days of steam, passenger trains, interurbans, train orders, telegraph, and narrow gauge railroading.
Railroad Maps Collection
- Contains historical railroad maps from 1828-1900 that highlight the achievements of early railroaders.
The Railroad Police
- Details the history of railroad policing as well as explaining the duties of the modern day railroad police officer.
Railroad Signal Site
- US Railroad signals - including US&S and GRS searchlight, colorlight and gyralight signals. Detailed photographs and descriptions.
- A collection of stories, both fact and fiction, about railroads and trains. Most of the stories are from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- A non-commercial website devoted to information about collectible railroadiana including lanterns, lamps, china, keys, locks and paper.
Rails and Trails
- Features primary source materials and research on the history of transportation in Ohio and North America.
The Signal Box
- History of railway signalling in the UK and abroad.
Souith Australian Railways
- History of the South Australian Railways and TransAdelaide, Great Southern Railway and Australia Southern Railroad.
- Steam locomotive history, bibliography, magazines, abstracts, indexes, patents, biography.
Tin Turtle Simplex
- History and information about the Motor Rail Simplex locomotives used during WW1, and the restoration of a locomotive at the Moseley Railway Trust.
Tonopah & Tidewater
- History of the Tonopah & Tidewater Railroad, Bullfrog Goldfield, Death Valley, Tecopa, and Ludlow & Southern railroads. Their histories, related documents, reference works, images and a walking tour of the Amargosa River Canyon.
Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway
- A railway linking three North Somerset coastal towns described through maps, old photos and ones of today's scene.
World War Two Railway Study Group
- Research group documenting the use of railways in all countries during World War Two.
Yosemite Valley Railroad
- History of the railway which ran between Merced, California and Yosemite Valley from 1905 to 1945.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 6, 2015 at 14:57:07 UTC -