become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Illinois
Roads and Highways
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Transportation
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Travel and Tourism
Illinois Department of Transportation
- The official site of the department. Includes information on construction projects and information about doing business with the department.
Illinois Highways Page
- A guide to the origin and evolution of the numbered system. Includes route logs and other trivia.
- Official site of the company that now leases the toll route in southeast Chicago. Site includes history and toll information.
- Covers the history of the system in Cook County, including Chicago.
- Entry from the Encyclopedia of Chicago. Gives historic background and includes a map.
Illinois Land Use
- Environmental Law and Policy Center of the Midwest site against construction of new tollways (and other out of state highways).
The Illinois Tollway
- Information on the system, including the I-Pass electronic toll collection system.
Illinois Tollway Oases: Then and Now
- History and details of these unusual service areas.
Lake Michigan Circle Tour
- Contains resources related to this scenic drive around the lake.
Marshall County History
- Contains relevant news articles from the late 1920s and early 1930s.
Spoon River Drive
- Organization promoting this scenic route in Fulton County which was the setting of Edgar Lee Master's "Spoon River Anthology". Contains maps and other information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 19, 2014 at 12:45:09 UTC -