become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/California
Roads and Highways
Regional: North America: United States: California: Transportation
Regional: North America: United States: California: Travel and Tourism
California Department of Transportation
- Caltrans is the state agency responsible for highway, bridge, and rail transportation planning, construction, and maintenance.
- Gives detailed history and other information on county, state, U.S. and Interstate facilities in the state. Includes links to pages within the cahighways.org domain.
91 Express Lanes
- Information on the toll roadways on the Riverside Freeway (State Route 91) in metro Los Angeles.
Advanced Highway Maintenance and Construction Technology Research Center
- UC Davis and Caltrans highway research center.
California Highway Patrol Traffic Incident Information
- Live traffic incident information from the CHP computer system.
California Motorcycle Roads
- Descriptions of scenic and challenging backroads.
Casey's Roads and Highways Page
- Covers many aspects, including Historic U.S. highways and the unusually-numbered I-238.
DLK's Highway Page
- Several freeway plans for the San Francisco Bay Area and California highway signs.
- This electronic toll collection system lets drivers electronically pay tolls on California's bridges and toll roads without stopping.
- Documents unusual and former routings in the southern part of the state. Includes photographs.
Friends of Southern California's Highways
- A community grass-roots organization dedicated to the rebuilding and expansion of the regional freeway and thoroughfare system.
Historic Highways of Southern and Central California
- Examines the area's highway past, present and future.
In Our Path
- Describes the process of the construction of I-105 (Century Freeway) near Los Angeles.
- Labor/contractor group advocating increased public investment in state infrastructure, including mass transit and highways.
The Ridge Route Preservation Organization
- Maps, photos and history of the pioneer highway between Bakersfield and Los Angeles.
- Includes live freeway speed maps and traffic incident summaries for many locations around the state.
South Bay Expressway
- Automated FasTrak toll road in San Diego to open Fall 2006 that will service Chula Vista, Bonita, and Otay Mesa, connecting SR-54 to the Mexico border as part of SR-125. News and project overview.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
- Builds and manages toll roads in Orange County. Includes toll and transponder information, proposed extensions, and discounts.
Unofficial Road Information For Highway 1, Big Sur
- Information about old closures of SR 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) at Big Sur due to a landslide.
Usenet ba.transportation -
Usenet ca.driving -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 30, 2013 at 11:14:28 UTC -