become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Roads and Highways
Bridges and Tunnels
Federal Highway Administration
Traffic and Road Construction
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Roadside
Regional: North America: United States: Transportation
Regional: North America: United States: Travel and Tourism
- Guide to the expressway, parkway, bridge and tunnel network in the New York-New Jersey-Connecticut metropolitan area. Exit listings for area highways. County route logs for several area counties.
3-digit Interstate Highways
- Location, history, and trivia. Includes ones that were proposed but never built.
3dis that Aren't--State Route Spurs and Loops
- Information about state routes that could be an interstate of the same number.
Adopt A Highway Maintenance Corporation
- Provides for sponsorship in various states.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Much information on this consortium.
- Covers Kentucky, Ohio Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia and surrounding areas. Photography, historical information, and forum.
American Highway Users Alliance
- Interest group representing motor vehicle users and businesses promoting highway safety and efficiency. News updates and Rules of the Road publication information.
American Society of Highway Engineers
- Newsletters, FAQ, and other features relevant to the trade.
Appalachian Regional Commission Development Corridors
- Unofficial site which explains these potential thoroughfares.
- Photographs and information about major bridges, tunnels, viaducts, and expressways in Cincinnati, Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
Coast to Coast on US 50
- History and other information.
Corporate Sponsor Adopt A Highway Program
- Lists the steps which may be taken for Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Incorporated to manage the section which is requested. Includes option to receive visual impressions.
- Commentary and articles about relevant issues, authored by a former editor of Roads and Bridges magazine.
GORP: Top Ten Scenic Drives in the United States
- List which includes details on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Seward Highway, California 1, Vermont 100, and the Custer Scenic Byway.
- A proposed divided highway running between Rapid City, South Dakota and Denver, Colorado, also known as High Priority Corridor 14 of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991. Maps, project status, and various other facts.
High Priority Corridors
- Information about these highways which have been set aside as most important in the 1998 bill "Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21)".
- A compendium of substandard features.
- Links to state transportation resources throughout the country including weather, cams, reports, and hotel reservations.
- Includes the Interstate Guide, the List of Interstate Business Routes, and the Interstate Shield Gallery. Includes coverage.
Larry's Phat Page - Highways
- Route logs of and personal travel comments about various highways, primarily Interstates.
- Covers the respective region of the country. Includes historic maps, planning documents and reports, and photos.
- Compilation of lists specifically for motorcyclists who prefer scenic or winding routes.
- Gallery of shields along roads with more than one route number.
National Cooperative Highway Research Program
- Details on this division of the Transportation Research Board, a unit of the National Research Council.
Ports-to-Plains Trade Corridor
- Coalition to improve north-south transport in the West-Central part of the country. Maps, construction information, and contact information.
Road Geek Stuff
- Includes various topics.
The Road Information Program
- Nonprofit organization promoting policies which are designed to improve traffic conditions.
Road Trip USA
- Great detail on various at-grade long-distance routes.
Roads to the Future
- Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. highway and transit history and California and Florida road trips.
Roads, Highways and Trails
- Detailed personal travelogue.
- Contains information about certain highways culled from cross-country trips. Includes maps.
Route 40 - National Road
- Guide to the first federally-funded road in the U.S. (1800s) and the route which followed it later (US 40).
Southern Highroads Trail
- A designated scenic highway going through Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina. Official tourism site.
- Various scenes from along the southern tier of the country.
Summer of 6
- Weblog of a 2006 trip documenting U.S. 6 in comments and photographs.
U.S. Hwy. 90 - The Southern Route 66
- Travelogue and old postcard scans. Page linked is Louisiana but there are also pages on Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.
U.S. Route 6 Tourist Association
- Covers the entirety of the route. Page includes background, news articles, and maps.
United States Code Title 23 - Highways
- Complete contents of the document.
US Highway 101: Guide to the Pacific Coast Highway
- Covers many aspects.
The ZZYZX Interstate Highway List
- Gives an overview of the system and provides a listing of all one- and two-digit routes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2016 at 6:15:09 UTC -