become an editor
the entire directory
only in Roads_and_Highways/Historic
Roads and Highways
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Roadside
Science: Technology: Civil Engineering: History: Roads
Science: Technology: Civil Engineering: History: Tunnels
Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Bridge: History
This category in other languages:
- United States Federal Highway Administration page with a collection of various auto trail, U.S. highway, and Interstates histories, some from older FHWA publications, as well as other related information.
- Guide to this eastern U.S. highway system of the early 1900s.
Drive the Old Spanish Trail
- Contains history about and photographs of the former auto trail running along the southern tier of the U.S.
El Camino Real International Heritage Center
- Includes information about the El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro National Historic Trail, which traverses the country of Mexico and the U.S. state of New Mexico.
Great Platte River Road Archway Monument
- Structure built over I-80 in Nebraska, U.S., commemorating the old wagon trail. Virtual tour included.
Historic Auto Trails of Massachusetts
- History and photographs from the ones in the western part of the state and nearby areas.
Historic Columbia River Highway
- Site covering the routing in Oregon, U.S. along the river in the general location of modern US 30 and Interstate 84. Includes activity information, pictures, postcards and ephemera scans.
Indiana's Historic National Road
- Covers that state's portion of the road from Illinois to Maryland, U.S. Includes history and attraction listing.
National Road Association of Illinois
- Organization focused on promoting the history of the first byway going west across America, currently known as U.S. Route 40. Includes history of the road, stories, membership details, and contacts.
Old Spanish Trail Centennial
- Organization involved in preparing the 2029 celebration of the auto trail. Includes history and travel log scans of the route.
Old Trails - US and Canadian Roads in the 20th Century
- Contains various graphics and photographs of examples from the time period such as map covers, postcards, and signs.
On the Trail of the Named Highways from Chicago to the Southwest
- Gives descriptions of these auto trails with specific mention of the Pontiac Trail.
Oregon Trail: The Trail West
- Detailed information about trail from Oregon to Missouri.
Pete's Road Page
- Contains articles on Northwest Indiana, U.S., roads such as the Dunes Highway, the Chicago-Detroit Post Road, and the Lincoln Highway. Includes maps.
- Contains information about U.S. 66 and the Lincoln Highway, including maps.
Route 40 - National Road
- Guide to the first federally-funded road in the U.S. (1800s) and the route which followed it later (US 40).
Travel on the Old National Road
- Activity page containing articles and links regarding this U.S. road, now mostly US 40. Part of an educational website about Abraham Lincoln.
Travel the Bozeman Trail
- A gold-rush trail cutting through the hunting grounds of the Northern Plains Indians in Montana and Wyoming, U.S.
White Pole Road Development Corporation
- Includes history of this Iowa, U.S., auto trail.
The Yellowstone Trail
- Guide to the old highway along the northern tier of the United States.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 25, 2014 at 5:15:07 UTC -