become an editor
the entire directory
only in Amateur/Homebrew
Recreation: Radio: Amateur: Boatanchors
Recreation: Radio: Amateur: Equipment
Science: Technology: Electronics: Reference
This category in other languages:
1937 Frank C. Jones Radio Handbook
- Selected pages from the book
2 Meter Loop
- Page contains pictures and plans for 2 Meter Loop for use on ssb.
73 de WD5GNR
- Information about homebrew electronics, PC boards, microcontrollers, Basic Stamps, and other aspects of ham radio. Projects, and tips.
- Many good hints and projects for the homebrewer.
80m CW Transmitter
- 6BM8 amateur radio rig with 8 watts output by G0UPL.
- Notes, and archives about boatanchors, tube rigs, homebrewing, Heathkits and QRP.
- Plans and schematics from Bill's glowbug project as well as information about receiving tubes, from the GE essential characteristics tube manual, date unknown.
AK0B Glowbug and Homebrew Radios
- Pictures and article on building a QRP transmitter.
Amateur Radio Antennas
- Offers a collection of antenna plans for HF and VHF bands, with assembling instructions, drawings and pictures.
Amateur Radio Construction Projects
- Includes a simple CW station, and R1 - R2 DC receivers.
Amateur Radio Homebrewing
- A collection of projects and resources for Ham Radio Homebrewing enthusiasts
- Contains information on homebrew, including power supply, amplifier, and antenna projects.
Bartlesville Kilowatt Transmitter
- Homebrew rig from 1937, built by W5GAE, Preston Gaddis of Bartlesville, OK., who is now a silent key.
Crystal Radio and Tubes
- Dedicated to crystal and old battery radios, including tube sets. Includes restoration projects and plans.
- Christoph Petermann with articles on making antennas and equipment.
- Combination of news, views and podcasts. Main subjects featured are contesting, SDR projects, and radio related IT topics.
DL4MEA, Guenter Koellner
- Homebrew projects, especially VHF/UHF. Includes high power amplifiers.
- Various receivers, transceivers and converters for HF to UHF.
- 2-Meter transceiver that can be built at home. Plans.
F1FLA - X-Yagis
- How to build big X-Yagis for VHF
Farhan's Homebrew QRP (VU2FAX)
- homebrew transceivers, experiments, DSP
FlashWebHost.com: Ham Radio
- Offers a circuit diagram of a 7 MHz SSB transceiver.
Fox Delta Amateur Radio Projects and Kits
- Homebrewing projects and kits such as DDS, frequency counters, LCD power meter, and sound card interfaces.
G0UPL Homebrew Radio, Electronics & Computers
- Many homebrew projects for Radio, Electronics and Computers including QRP HF Radio, Z80 Computers
- Small collection of circuit ideas and projects by Paul Balaam.
Glowbugs Radio by UU1CC
- Glowbugs homebrew projects, rare tube data, translated articles from the old xUSSR HAM-radio handbooks and magazines.
- Gyula Nagy presents homebrew and project pages for preamplifiers, RLB's and return diplexers and technical articles. Hungary.
HAM Antenna Plans and Projects
- Plans, pictures, parts lists for HF, VHF, UHF antennas.
- Technical information for HF, remote-control and digital decoding devices, plus a CPU-based hardware project.
- A resource for ham radio and electronics in general. Includes projects, reference documents, and kits.
- Homebrew site with a hf-mobile, magnetic loop antenna and duplexer projects. Also cable datasheets are available.
- Classic HF receivers and electronic constructional projects including a telephone exchange, spectrum analyzer, and homemade TTL computers.
Homebrew and Electronics Tutorials
- Indonesian amateur offers technical information, projects, manuals and links.
Homebrew Spectrum Anlyzer Project.
- This is an information page about a spectrum analyzer homebrew project based upon a TV tuner frontend. Much project related information is provided.
- Antennas, keyers, amplifiers and equipment for digital modes.
- A large and varied selection of projects to build. English and Japanese text.
- Offers details on building an indoor stealth antenna and information on experiences with them.
K4GC's Homebrew Amateur Radio Page
- Homebrew amateur radio site including tube and solid state transmitters and receivers.
- For radio enthusiasts interested in building and using the 1950s-60s era HBR receivers. Repair information for Heathkit SB-104, SB-101, and HW-101 transceivers.
- Offers information about homemade audio amplifiers, RF amplifiers, auxiliary ham radio equipment including antenna designs and constructions.
K8EOP 5-band SSB transmitter
- Site describes the rig built by this 'silent key', and it shows pictures and a description. Thanks to Al, W8UT.
- George describes his homebrew projects: a 40m CW/SSB receiver, 40m 100 watt CW/SSB/AM/RTTY transmitter, 75m AM transceiver and 600 Watt HF amplifier.
- Jason shares information on design and construction of a vintage 813 beam power tube CW crystal transmitter.
Ken Lotts AA7JC
- Homebrew 40 meter CW transmitter and a QRP CW transceiver.
Klunky Schematic Editor Home Page
- Intended for use by radio amateurs to draw small schematics, for small projects.
- A blog with QRP, 20m, 6m and 2m homebrew projects completed with a SARC news feed.
- Amateur Radio construction projects including QRP, homebrew and kits. Special event operating across the UK.
Magnetic Loop Antenna Plans
- US Radio Amateur Frank, N4SPP, presents plans on how to build your own Magnetic Loop antenna.
- Glowbug references from ARRL handbooks, schematics, projects, files and archives.
N6GN Microwave Link Page
- Information about the Multi-Megabit/sec Microwave Data Link article which was first published in the December 1989 edition of Ham Radio Magazine.
Portable Lightplants and Generators
- Homebrewed alternators and generators with photos and details.
Projects and Software from KØEMT
- Home brew projects and free software.
Projects for Experimentors
- Tools and information for amateur radio, radio astronomy technicians and builders.
QRP and HOMEBREW
- Homebrewing of transceivers, receivers, transmitters and test equipment. [Italian - English]
QRP and Homebrew by DL2YEO
- Information about QRP transceivers, accessories, and other home made equipment.
- Homebrew amateur radio receivers, transmitters, transceivers and accessories. QRP related.
- Tools for homebrewers, including chassis punches.
- VE3XRM offers an electronic circuit library and photos of various radios in his collection.
Repeater Builder's Technical Information Page
- Providing information for making amateur and commercial repeaters.
RTL2832u based Software Defined Radios
- Blog covering developments of homebrew RTL-SDR radios using the Realtek RTL2832u chipset.
RTTY - FSK/AFSK Interface and Diagrams
- How to remove the so called "ground loop" and the reentry in the RTTY broadcast.
- Homebrew transceivers and other projects.
- Offers some information and schematics including on longwave transmitters, and upconverters, QRP transmitter and PIC controlled DDS VFO. Also features pictures of non directional beacons.
Southeast Iowa Technical Society
- Articles on modifying the Motorola Mitrek for the ham bands, including building a repeater.
- A multiband Yagi for 14.28 MHz. Technical data and a detailed manual in PDF are online. User reports and a kit service are available.
TEARA's Amateur Radio Homebrewer's Page
- This page is a source for info and parts, used by homebrewers of Amateur Radio equipment and accessories.
- Forum includes HF/VHF antenna projects, high power Russian GS35B RF amplifiers, mobile RFI solutions, and vintage radios.
The thermionic website
- Devoted to electronic thermionic devices known as 'tubes' or 'valves'. Includes information on several transmitters and receivers.
Vintage Amateur "Early Wireless" Radio Stations
- This site is dedicated to the construction and operation of a variety Wireless vintage Ham Radio stations circa 1910's to the early 1930's.
Vintage Radio and Electronics
- A resource for valve and early transistor portable radios. Includes a section with old circuits and original articles.
- Site from Alan Yates, VK2ZAY, with his personal homebrew amateur radio projects.
- Norm in Wisconsin has posted photos and details of his 6V6 QRP CW rig built in a cigar box and an 80 to 10 transceiver.
- Jim Garland offers a homebrew gallery, shows his vintage collection, and provides his biography and family pictures.
- Pictures, schematics and descriptions of modifications for vacuum-tube receivers.
- Mostly microwave projects.
- Bill Patton shares content on the RockMite QRP transceiver and the Heathkit GR-81 regenerative receiver, his history in radio and some antenna projects. Pennsylvania.
- Multi element beam design notes and polar plots covering the 10m, 6m, and 2m Amateur Bands, plus one design for the 406MHz to 410MHz Radio Astronomy Band.
Yahoo RFamplifiers Group
- A forum for the exchange of how-to information about homebrewing RF power amplifiers for ham radio use, or for repairing and modifying boatanchor versions of same.
Usenet rec.radio.amateur.homebrew -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2015 at 18:51:27 UTC -