become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pets/Loss
Health: Mental Health: Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Shopping: Pets: Loss
Society: Death: Death Care
This category in other languages:
Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Information on pet loss and bereavement.
Booboos Website Sanctuary
- Offers love and support for grieving pet owners through articles and a message board.
Chaplain of Pets
- An interfaith ministry that offers compassion, empathy, comfort and kindness to pets and their human families during times of loss, transition and grief.
Cheyenne Pet Clinic
- Offers information, comfort and support needed to better understand the grief that accompanies the loss of a pet.
Cyber Pet Memorial Park
- Resting place for departed companions, with eulogies and photographs.
Do animals have souls?
- Discussion of pets passing over and their carers' reactions. Offers information pages and free support via the contact facility.
A Dog Blog
- Television news reporter and radio personality Gigi Graciette's story of her dog's battle with cancer. Includes photos, guestbook, and stories from readers about their own pet losses.
- The personal story of Wynny, a Greyhound; one of those poor racing dogs, but at least this one had a precious few weeks of normal life at the end.
Farewell Furry Friend
- Describes how one couple dealt with their grief after the death of their beloved Boston Terrier, Molly.
For the Love of Hanna
- Memorial site for a Westie named Hanna. Includes photos, life story, poems, and related links.
Four Paws in Heaven
- Free online memorial tributes, including text and photo. Also includes related links, pet-loss poetry, and a forum to help with the grieving process.
- This page was created in memory of my dear friend, Ghost, a family pet dog.
Gone to DogStar
- Free memorial page and a photo/tribute page.
Harmony Animal Hospital Pet Loss Resources
- Resources include understanding the grieving process in adults and children.
Healing Pet Loss
- Provides comfort, support, techniques and resources to help cope with the loss of an animal companion.
Human Animal Bond Trust
- Denver organization provides a weekly support group for those that have lost or are anticipating the loss of an animal companion. Offers articles and suggested resources.
In Loving Memory of Jacob, our Gentle Giant
- Commemoration, with photos and poem, of a dog who passed at a young age.
In Loving Memory of Seven
- Dedicated to little Seven, a loved and greatly missed cat who died from anaphylactic shock from a rabies vaccination.
In Loving Memory of Tonya Miss
- Memorial for a beloved schnauzer. Photos, Rainbow Bridge poem, and tribute.
In Memory of Magic - in Loving Memory
- Forum dedicated to supporting those who are grieving the recent passing over of a pet.
In Memory of Our Lady Mugsy
- In dedication to an 11 year old English Bulldog, Mugsy, who passed away the morning of September 30, 2001, after a short illness. She was a life-long pet and friend who will be missed for as long as her memory will live on.
In Memory Of Pets
- Pet loss tributes, memorials, support, and candle light rose ceremony.
In Memory of Winnie Rogers
- Poetry inspired by the passing of a beloved fox terrier. Includes photos, memories, and e-cards.
- Offering a "cybershoulder" for grieving pet owners. Message board, newsgroup, and chat room.
My Forever Friend
- Dedicated to a cottontail friend, Shoo-Fly. Includes poems, stories, and links to other memorial sites.
My Pet Memorial
- Offers free online pet memorials, stories, and poems. Includes pet loss resources and links to sympathy e-cards.
- Memorial, with photos, of a bunny named Nuna.
Online Virtual Pet Memorials
- Service designed to create a virtual community of family and friends for beloved pets. Each free listing includes a memorial, photo album, tribute area and guestbook.
Paw To Heart
- Bereavement services including support group that meets in Plainview, New York; speakers bureau; and online chatroom. Background of facilitators, contact information, and program details.
- Virtual cemetery where pet owners may post brief memorials.
Pet Loss Community
- Offers many grief support resources to help pet caretakers recover from the loss of a pet.
Pet Loss Grief Support
- Personal support resources and healing poetry including Rainbow Bridge.
Pet Memorial Website
- Free memorials for beloved pets, with photos and tributes.
Pet Memorials - Imorial Pets
- Facility to create create an everlasting tribute to a beloved pet, for free.
Pet Memorials - Pet Memories
- Offers facility to create one's own page and to share remembrances of a departed pet with family, friends and other animal lovers.
- Offers chat rooms, forums, a pet memorial photo gallery, and links to other support resources.
Portrait Of An Angel
- Owner shares memories and photos of her pets. Includes poems and articles about loss, grief, and guilt. Also offers a guest book where visitors can share their thoughts.
Raffael - Went To Rainbow Bridge
- In memory of an unusual cat - a love song in pictures. Poems, quotes, memories, and photos. Text in English and German.
Rainbow Bridge Memorial
- Read others' feelings for their pets and add a pet to the Rainbow. Also has thoughts on grief, poetry, and special memorials for victims of animal abuse.
Rainbow Bridge Tribute
- Memorial to all beloved pets who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Pet loss prose and poetry, book recommendations, and links to related sites and webrings.
- Offers a variety of services to grieving pet owners including memorials, chat room, message board, counseling, and articles.
Scottish Terrier Death: Why Do I Hurt So Much?
- Article by Joseph Harvill, Ph.D. analyzes the psycho-social reasons why losing a beloved dog is so painful. Reprinted from Great Scots Magazine, Vol 2 No 3 (May/June) 1997.
Virtual Pet Cemetery
- Remembrances, photos, and poems submitted in memory of beloved pets.
Wings of Compassion
- Provides a means to memorialize and grieve birds and other animals. Online consultancy is also provided.
Usenet alt.support.grief.pet-loss -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 21, 2014 at 20:37:39 UTC -