become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fish_and_Aquaria/Issues
Fish and Aquaria
Open Directory - Recreation: Pets: Fish and Aquaria: Issues
Robert Novak v. APD List Members
Recreation: Pets: Issues
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Trade in Wildlife and Plants
Death By Dyeing
- On the painted glassfish: how they are made, and why they are sickly.
Death by Dyeing.org
- An anti-cruelty organization trying to stop the practice of injecting or otherwise artificially coloring ornamental fish. Lists stores that have agreed to stop selling these fish.
Earth-Friendly Fishkeeping: Creating a Sustainable Aquarium
- Guidelines for choosing earth-friendly freshwater fish species, both wild-caught and captive-bred; plus information about energy-efficient aquarium-keeping practices.
Flowerhorns alias Nightmares
- The author argues that "Flowerhorn" cichlids, as man-made hybrids, are an abomination to the hobby and their production should not be encouraged. Alternatives are suggested.
Pacific Aquaculture Information Services for Education
- Supports the development of the aquaculture industry in the Pacific. Includes information and links.
U.S. Rules on Importing Tropical Fish: A Summary
- Summary of U.S. Customs and U.S. Fish and Wildlife regulations on the import of wild-caught tropical fish.
Flower Power: Are Flowerhorns Good for the Hobby?
- TFH Magazine's Tom Lorenz on the ethics of Flowerhorn keeping and the effect on the fishkeeping hobby. (November 01, 2009)
Magazine publishes guide to cosmetic fish surgery.
- Practical Fishkeeping reports: A Singapore aquarium magazine has published an article which shows how cosmetic surgery can be performed on pet fish by amputating their tails and injecting them with dyes. (June 12, 2006)
Gene warfare to be waged on invasive fish
- Scientists in Australia are introducing fish with a "daughterless" gene into rivers in an attempt to remove naturalized European carp. [New Scientist] (May 08, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 8, 2013 at 2:13:38 UTC -