become an editor
the entire directory
only in Working_Dogs/Service_Dogs
Recreation: Pets: Animal Assisted Therapy
Society: Disabled: Service Animals: Dogs
This category in other languages:
Assistance Animals Training Resources
- Contains a range of articles, organizations and related websites offering information and resources for training and development of therapy and assistance animals.
Assistance Dog Group
- Mailing list for trainers, including puppy raisers, service dog users, self raisers, instructors and training school staff.
Berkeley DogEars: Do It Yourself
- Instructions for teaching a dog to respond to sounds such as an alarm clock and smoke detector.
Canix, European Canine Institute
- Offers custom training of service dogs for physically disabled adults, guardian dogs for disabled children, hearing dogs for the hearing impaired and therapy dogs that visit chronically ill adults and children in hospitals and institutions. The dogs can be trained in Danish, English, German and Spanish.
Disability Aid Dogs
- Australian not for profit group that trains dogs for the disabled, from service dogs to therapy and companion dogs, also dogs for the emotionally and mentally handicapped.
Dog AID (Assistance in Disability)
- UK nonprofit organization that helps people with disabilities to train their own pet dogs as Assistance Dogs.
Guide and Service Dog Training
- Forum for puppy raisers, owner trainers, handlers, and school trainers to discuss issues, methods and problems.
International Association of Assistance Dog Partners
- A non-profit organisation presents several specific exercises.
- An unmoderated list discussing clicker training for assistance dogs.
Owner-Trained Assistance Dogs
- Discussion forum for disabled people training an assistance dog. Handlers working with program dogs are also welcome to participate.
Paws With a Cause
- Trains hearing dogs and service dogs for people with disabilities, provides lifetime support, and promotes awareness through education. Calendar of events, donation form and wish list, and job opportunities.
Service Dogs: Training Your Own
- Providing detailed information, suggested reading and first-person advice.
- A non-profit organization teaching those with physical disabilities to train their own dogs as certified service dogs. Program overview, newsletter, and online ordering of training manuals and videos. Tucson, Arizona.
Walking Cane-9s Group
- Forum for owners of service dogs to discuss training methods and problems as well as exercise and fitness for dog and owner.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 1, 2014 at 6:15:05 UTC -