become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Legislation
Recreation: Pets: Issues: Legislation
The Cat and the Law
- How the law has treated cats throughout history.
Cats Must be on Leads
- A Hungarian town has issued a regulation that cats must be keep on leads.
Dartmouth College Library: Cats
- Commentary on a message by Governor of Illinois, Adlai Stevenson when he vetoed a 1949 cat bill passed by the state legislature.
Gazette.Net: Keeping Felines in Line
- Articles and reader responses to a Maryland county's attempt to restrict cats to their owners' property.
Loony Laws about Animals
- Remarkable laws about cats and other animals that have been passed.
NAIA: Dogs Will Be Dogs, But Cats Won't
- An article by Anna Sadler about laws that lump dog and cat issues together.
National Animal Interest Alliance: Cats “There Ought to be a Law”
- Anna Sadler looks at issues arising from “cat laws”.
National Pet Alliance Opposition to Coercive Legislation
- Support to individuals and groups to assist in stopping coercive legislation.
San Mateo County Pet Overpopulation Ordinance: A Legislative Failure
- An evaluation of elements of the San Mateo ordinance with recommendations.
Santa Clara County Survey of Pet Population
- Report of a scientific survey of pet ownership in Santa Clara County, California with recommendations.
Law Library Resource Xchange: The Domestic Cat and the Law
- Guide to history, cases, legislation and texts. (December 17, 2001)
Gazette.Net: County Proposes Letting Cats Roam if They'll Behave
- A proposal, referred to as a “cat leash law” has been dropped by the Duncan administration. (November 20, 1998)
Gazette.Net: Duncan Backtracks over Cat Control
- County Executive Douglas Duncan orders the county attorney to water down the proposed ban on cat roaming. (September 30, 1998)
New South Wales: Companion Animals Act 1998
- Australian state law that includes a provision for the control of cats. (July 14, 1998)
Usenet talk.politics.animals -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 30, 2012 at 7:05:03 UTC -