become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal_Assisted_Therapy/Literacy
Animal Assisted Therapy
Welcome To Kayla's Club
- A weekly after-school program for gifted, at risk, and special needs students at a middle school outside Houston, TX. Children gain confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Therapy dogs lend a paw to children learning to read. The dogs don't rush the kids or interrupt them. Princeton and central New Jersey. (August 31, 2003)
Reading to the Animals
- This library program uses dogs as listeners. Kids gain skills reading out loud. One child even read in Chinese. [Pleasanton Weekly] (November 29, 2002)
Canine Companions May Help Kids Learn to Read
- Salt Lake City program in which kids read to dogs. The children have shown dramatic improvement in skills, and other states are now following Utah's lead. National Geographic. (October 09, 2002)
Unusual Help for Reading Problems
- Television report on program in Salt Lake City in which children read to dogs that "listen." Comments from some of the kids. (November 17, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 5, 2012 at 6:05:06 UTC -