become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wildlife/Sharks
Recreation: Outdoors: Scuba Diving: Underwater Life
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Fish: Cartilaginous
Apex Shark Diving
- Worldwide locations reviewed for cage dives. Includes an article on finning and how to choose the best travel package.
Apex Shark Expeditions
- A couple offering tours and cage diving in False Bay, South Africa. Offers information on the trips available and their television and documentary input. Sells photographs and includes blogs.
- A field station in the Bahamas. Research information, blog, photographs and videos.
Discovery Channel's Shark Week
- Includes interactive games and quiz along with expert shark attack answers.
Fiona's Shark Mania
- Resources and information, including graphics and clip art, stories, links, and mailing list.
Gerber: Shark Gallery
- Information on different species, Mediterranean species list and attack statistics. Illustrated with drawings.
International Shark Attack File
- Offers a yearly worldwide summary and articles about contributing factors, prevention and odds.
A Masterpiece of Evolution - The Shark
- Biology, stories, photos, and links.
Mote Marine Laboratory
- Located in Sarasota, Florida and provides shark tank interactive camera, with information on sharks and other marine fish.
Natal Sharks Board
- Service organisation that protects beach users in KwaZulu-Natal against shark attack. Site has information about shark attack-prevention and shark research.
- Gives the scientific names and general information about the species to be found in the area. Also gives advice for fishing.
NOVA Online: Island of the Sharks
- Information about sharks and sharkmasters.
- Detailed information per species along with a list of known extinct prehistoric species. Gives statistics for attacks, tour operators offering cage diving, a picture gallery of teeth and a list of endangered species.
Shark Attack Data
- A complete catalogue all known attacks, using data compiled by the Shark Research Institute.
- Information about shark attacks with photos of victims and sharks. Shark attack news section and discussion board.
- Photographs of the Great White, taken by George T. Probst. Prints are also available to buy. Images shown with the photographer's commentary.
The Shark Research Institute
- A non-profit, international, scientific organization dedicated to the conservation of sharks. The Institute provides consultants, speakers for schools, clubs and conferences, and serves as a resource for the media, providing slides, videos and data.
- Informative articles about a host of sea creatures.
World of Sharks
- General and species-specific information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 19, 2016 at 17:43:16 UTC -