become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wildlife/Rehabilitation
Health: Animal: Wildlife
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Activism
Society: Organizations: Animal Welfare: Rescues and Shelters: Wildlife
Aark Foundation Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education Center
- Newtown, Pennsylvania based non-profit center that treats injured or orphaned mammals, songbirds and raptors.
Aegean Wildlife Hospital
- Rehabilitation center in Paros. An outline of its activities from ParosWeb.
Alabama Wildlife Center
- Oldest and largest wildlife rehabilitation center in the state, caring annually for almost 2,000 injured and orphaned wild bird patients from more than 100 species.
Alaska SeaLife Center
- Marine science facility designed to combine a research mission with wildlife rehabilitation facilities and public education.
All God's Creatures
- Wildlife rehabilitation and education programs including a mobile petting zoo, pony and llama rides, and miniature horse cart rides.
All Wildlife Rescue and Education, Inc.
- Rescues, treats, and releases animals back to their environments. Provides education to communities with a focus on children.
Animal Encounters Inc
- Specializes in wildlife education programs as well as animal rescue and rehabilitation.
Animal Rehabilitators of the Carolinas - ARC
- A nonprofit organization which cares for orphaned and injured wildlife in North and South Carolina. Includes volunteer information, education programs and what to do if you find orphaned or injured animals. Located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Appalachian Bear Center
- Located just outside the Great Smoky Mountains, the center rehabilitates and cares for injured and orphaned bears for eventual release into the wild.
Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rosseau Ontario facility that provides public education and cares for and rehabilitates injured and orphaned wildlife.
Australian Fauna Care
- Not-for-profit organization provides database of wildlife care organizations. Searchable by name, state, postcode, and specialty.
Australian Seabird Rescue
- Dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of various seabirds and other marine wildlife such as turtles, whales, and dolphins.
Back to the Wild
- Castalia, Ohio based volunteer wildlife rehabilitation and nature education center.
- Organization that provides rescue, rehabilitation and release for injured bats. They also provide permanent sanctuary for non-releasable bats and educate the public about the importance of bats.
Beacon of Light Animal Rescue
- Dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of orphaned or injured wildlife.
Bill Hicks Foundation for Wildlife
- Rescues orphaned and injured wildlife in the Texas Hill Country. Includes photographs of wildlife, video clips, and an online store.
Bird Care Centre of Castel Tyrol
- Aims to treat injured, shot, or poisoned birds for release back into nature. They also inform visitors about the life of birds. Contains flight show information, operating hours, photos, video, and ticket prices.
Bird Treatment and Learning Center
- A 501(c)3 non-profit organization in Anchorage, Alaska dedicated to rehabilitating sick, injured or orphaned wild birds and providing avian education programs to the public.
Blue Mountain Wildlife
- Volunteer nonprofit organization whose purpose is to take orphaned, sick or injured wildlife, primarily birds of prey, and provide the treatment and care necessary to return them to their natural habitat. Includes newsletter, upcoming events, how to help. Located in Pendleton, Oregon.
Blue Ridge Wildlife Center
- A non-profit wildlife conservation and rehabilitation located in Millwood, Virginia. Organization rescues and cares for injured, orphaned, and displaced native wildlife, and offers environmental education programs and wildlife disease information to the public.
C.R.O.W. Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc.
- Provides medical care for 3,500 injured and orphaned wildlife patients every year, with the goal of returning them to their natural habitat. Located on Sanibel Island, Florida.
California Wildlife Center
- A non profit charitable organization rescuing and rehabilitating native wildlife in Southern California.
Carbon County Environmental Education Center
- Find out about environmental classes, programs, wildlife rehabilitation, research and conservation.
Carolina Wildlife Care
- Non-profit organization dedicated to rehabilitation and release of orphaned and injured wildlife animals. Rescue guidelines, photograph gallery, membership form, and news.
Cash For Critters
- A nonprofit organization raising cash for critters and wildlife rehabilitation.
The Center for Wildlife Awareness and Rehabilitation, Inc.
- An East Durham, NY based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the care and release of distressed wildlife.
Centre Wildlife Care
- A non-profit organization dedicated to caring for injured, orphaned, sick and displaced wildlife for the purpose of releasing them back into the wild.
Chestnut Centre Conservation & Wildlife Park
- Involved in the rehabilitation of wildlife including otters, owls, deer, wild cats and foxes. Information on location, facilities and entry fees.
Chintimini Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Non-profit volunteer organization providing care for approximately 800 animals a year. History of the center, services, goals, programs, and membership information.
Chris's Joey Haven
- An Australian site about rescuing marsupial babies and returning them to the wild.
Citizens for the Preservation of Wildlife, Inc.
- Licensed Rehabiliators respond to calls from the community on injured, orphaned, or displaced waterfowl. Includes photos, petitions, and rescue information.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to helping animals through rescue, rehabilitation, research and education. Located just outside of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing veterinary care and rehabilitation to injured, sick and orphaned wildlife. Located in Brookfield, Nova Scotia.
Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center
- Dedicated to the rescue of and education about wolves and wolf-hybrids. Advocates wolves in the wild, not the backyard.
Critter Care Wildlife Society
- Provides wildlife rehabilitation and public education in the Greater Vancouver area.
Critter Creek Wildlife Station
- A non-profit rehabilitation center for wild animals. Includes photographs and information about the animals, education, project and member information.
Darling Range Wildlife Shelter
- A wildlife rehabilitation facility near Perth, Western Australia catering for injured or orphaned native animals such as kangaroos, possums, bandicoots, birds and lizards.
Dory & the Orphans
- Information on raccoon rehabilitation in Coleman, Wisconsin. Includes raccoon cam and photos.
Earthplace the Nature Discovery Center
- Located in Westport, Connecticut and offers trails, animal hall, natural history museum, wildlife rehabilitation program and water quality laboratory.
East Valley Wildlife
- Chandler Arizona organization of volunteer wildlife rehabilatators. Information on rescuing many different kinds of animals, frequently asked questions, ways to help, and contact information.
Eastern Sierra Wildlife Care
- Dedicated to helping native wildlife through rehabilitation of injured, ill and orphaned birds, mammals, and reptiles and by furthering public knowledge and appreciation of wildlife through education.
- Located in Colorado Springs, CO. Includes volunteer information, educational programs, tour and event calendar.
Erie Wildlife Rescue
- A not-for-profit corporation whose purpose is to promote and encourage the rescue, rehabilitation and release of wildlife. Located in Ontario, Canada.
F.A.U.N.A. Fostercare of Australia's Unique Native Animals
- Based in Queensland and provides 24 hour rescue service, fostercare, education and rehabilitation programs.
Fauna Rescue Of South Australia Incorporated.
- A volunteer non profit organization caring for sick, injured and orphaned wildlife.
FAWNA - For Australian Wildlife Needing Aid
- A non-profit, voluntary organization which rescues and rehabilitates native wildlife for return to the wild. It operates on the mid-north coast of NSW.
Fellow Mortals, Inc.
- Lake Geneva, WI based wildlife hospital.
For the Birds of Indiana
- A description of what to do when injured or orphaned, raptors or songbirds are discovered and where to find help in central Indiana.
The Fox Project
- A charity dedicated to the protection, rescue, and advocacy for the wild fox. Offers advice, treatments and deterrents. Located in Kent, UK.
Fox Valley Wildlife Center
- Elburn IL based licensed wildlife rehabilitation center caring for orphaned and injured wild birds and mammals. They are a volunteer organization funded through donations.
Friends of Wildlife
- A wildlife rehabilitation organization based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, providing care for injured and orphaned wild animals until they can be released back into the wild.
The Fund for Animals' Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Wildlife hospital specializing in birds of prey, mountain lion, and other large mammals native to southern California.
Genesis Wildlife Sanctuary
- Provides rehabilitation, treatment, and release of injured or orphaned wildlife. Includes local wildlife guide and profiles of resident animals.
Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary
- Wildlife rehabilitation sanctuary in Colorado created to rehabilitate and release sick, injured and orphaned wildlife back into the Colorado ecosystem and to educate the public about humane solutions to human and wildlife interactions.
HAWK Center (Helping Arkansas Wild "Kritters")
- Am all volunteer organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of Native Wildlife. Located in the Russellville area of Arkansas.
Hawk Creek Wildlife Center, Inc.
- Specializing in raptor rehabilitation and propagation, and environmental education. Buffalo, NY.
Heckhaven Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- A non-profit wild animal rescue organization located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Offers history and list of services.
Humane Association of Wildlife Care and Education, Inc.
- Florida based non-profit group whose goal is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release injured or orphaned wild birds, mammals and reptiles. Also offers environmental education.
International Bird Rescue
- Dedicated to mitigating the human impact on aquatic birds and other wildlife worldwide through emergency response, education, research, and planning. Specializes in oil spill emergencies.
Island Wildlife Natural Care Centre
- Dedicated to wildlife rehabilitation and emphasizing alternative medicine such as homeopathy, herbal treatments and physical therapies.
Kamloops Wildlife Park
- Assists the preserving the threatened and endangered species through education, captive breeding and rehabilitation.
Kanyana Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Kanyana Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre is a non-profit organization which aims to rehabilitate sick, injured, orphaned and displaced native wildlife in Western Australia.
Keeper of the Wild, Inc.
- A non-profit organization caring for sick, injured, orphaned or displaced wildlife with the intention of returning them to appropriate habitats in the wild. Located in Charelston, South Carolina.
Kindred Spirits Wildlife Center
- Kindred Spirits is a non-profit organization dedicated to the care and rehabilitation of injured and orphaned wildlife in Graham, North Carolina. Currently coordinating the States Deer/Fawn program.
- Provides wildlife rehabilitation, environmental education, and consultation services. Located in Papago Park, Arizona.
Little Friends Wildlife Center
- Photos of orphaned or injured small mammals along with serious advice dealing with rehabilitation.
Living with Wildlife in the Carolinas
- Wildlife rehabilitation information, and pictures of native wildlife suitable for desktop use. Raccoons, squirrels, chipmunks, cottontails, and opossums.
Lone Star Wildlife Rescue (LSWR)
- An all-volunteer organization that rehabilitates injured and orphaned wildlife in south central Texas. Staffed with state and federally permitted rehabilitators. LSWR also offers educational programs to schools, civic groups
Louisiana Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
- Includes list of rehabilitators, articles, membership details, listserv, donation and volunteer/intern programs, and contact form. Located in Lafayette.
Lower Moss Wood Wildlife Hospital and Nature Reserve
- Registered charity, based in the United Kingdom, for the treatment, care, rehabilitation and eventual re-release of wildlife. Provides phone line for emergency callout and helpline. Includes news, galleries and feedback.
LSU Raptor and Wildlife Rehabilitation Unit
- Section of the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine.
McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rescues and rehabilitates wild animals. Offers guided tours and educational programs. Includes photos and information on ways to help. Located in West Palm Beach, Florida with additional facility in Tanzania.
- A rescue for trafficked rainforest animals in the process of being built.
- Located at the base of the Drakensberg escarpment in the Limpopo Province Lowveld of South Africa. Center aims to reintroduce rehabilitated wildlife to their natural environments.
My Opossum Page
- How to handle an orphaned opossum, with a personal account.
Nan Pipestem Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Cares for the injured and orphaned wildlife of San Benito County, California.
The National Seal Sanctuary
- The National Seal Sanctuary is a rescue, rehabilitation and release centre for seals based in Cornwall.
- A wildlife rehabilitation center. Provides membership and program information.
Nebraska Wildlife Rehab, Inc.
- Provides medical management and care for injured, sick, and orphaned wild, native Nebraska species and migratory birds. Based in Omaha, Nebraska. Features news, photos, and contact details.
New England Wildlife Center
- A Hingham, Massachusetts based non-profit humane organization with animal rehabilitation and hospital, undergraduate wildlife medicine internship and community outreach programs.
New South Wales Wildlife Information and Rescue Service inc
- Voluntary wildlife rescue and rehabilitation service for sick, injured or orphaned Australian native animals, including possums, wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, reptiles and birds.
Ohio Wildlife Center
- Veterinary hospital for medical treatment of injured, sick, displaced and orphaned wildlife with the goal of returning a healthy individual back to the wild for independence.
- Provides rehabilitation and veterinary services for injured and orphaned wild animals, and wildlife education for the citizens of northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri.
Opossum Society of the United States
- Non-profit wildlife rehabilitation and educational organization dedicated to providing care for injured and orphaned Virginia opossums for return to the environment.
Outer Banks Wildlife Shelter
- Rehabilitation facility in North Carolina cares for all species of injured, sick, and orphaned native wild animals.
Pacific Wildlife Project
- A year-round, nonprofit wildlife treatment and rehabilitation facility located in Irvine California supported solely by volunteers and donations. Includes photos, news and a section for kids.
Pelican Harbor Seabird Station
- A non-profit wildlife rehabilitation facility dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and releasing injured seabirds in the Biscayne Bay area.
Piedmont Wildlife Center
- Goal is to support native North American wildlife and its habitat through rehabilitation, education, and research, with emphasis given to wildlife and wilderness of the North Carolina Piedmont.
Pine View Wildlife Rehabilitation & Education Center
- Organizations goal is to raise consciousness, promote awareness of the plight and needs of our wildlife and to encourage people to always act responsibly toward nature's creatures.
Pocono Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Nonprofit, all-volunteer organization that provides care for injured and orphaned wildlife of all species in northeastern Pennsylvania. Provides educational programs to the public. Includes membership subscription form and photos. Located in Stroudsburg.
Possumwood Acres Wildlife Sanctuary
- Provides a wild animal facility for the rescue, treatment, and release of sick, injured, and orphaned native wildlife. Located in Hubert, North Carolina.
The Progressive Animal Welfare Society
- PAWS advocates for animals through the operation of a companion animal shelter, a wildlife center, and an advocacy department.
- Cares for injured, orphaned, and sick native wildlife of San Diego County, and releases them back into their natural habitats. Includes program information, news and event calendar.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue
- Rainbow Wildlife Rescue is a small rescue in Stephenville, Texas, specializing in birds and small urban wildlife such as squirrels, opossums, songbirds, raptors, and rabbits.
Ravensbeard Wildlife Center
- A non-profit organization based in Ulster County, New York, which provides care for injured and orphaned wild animals. Includes photos, stories and information on co-existing with wildlife.
- Maryland based organization providing rehabilitation for injured wildlife and educating the public about biodiversity through hands-on demonstrations at schools, camps, birthday parties, and corporate picnics.
Riverside Animal Centre
- Dedicated to the rescue, treatment and rehabilitation of all wildlife and birds. Information about the hospital, volunteering, and advice on how to deal with orphaned or abandoned wildlife. South London, UK.
Roanoke Wildlife Rescue
- Wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center in Ranoake VA. Information on wildlife, wildlife diseases and conditions, construction of bird houses, nest boxes, predator guards.
- A non-profit wildlife rescue organization whose purpose is to help injured, sick or orphaned birds and animals return to their natural environment. Located in Hutchins, Texas.
Rowena Wildlife Clinic
- Provides veterinary services for injured wild animals and strays in the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon.
San Francisco Rescued Orphan Mammal Program
- Volunteers rehabilitate injured and orphaned wild mammals, provide humane wildlife conflict resolution to the public, and plant wildlife habitat in local parks.
Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network
- A nonprofit, volunteer group that rescues and rehabilitates injured wild birds and small mammals in Santa Barbara County, California.
SanWild Rehabilitation Center and Sanctuary
- Protected habitat for injured and orphaned wild animals in Letsitele, South Africa. Information on special projects, contacts, and photos.
Sarvey Wildlife Center
- Washington state organization working with a diverse variety of wild birds and other animals.
Save Our Seals
- A rescue, rehabilitation, and release centre for seals and marine birds, based in Norfolk.
Sea Turtle Hospital
- A rescue center on Topsail Island, North Carolina dedicated to the rehabilitation and release of sick and injured sea turtles, a threatened and endangered sea turtles.
Second Chance Wildlife Center
- Wildlife rehabilitation center whose goal is to return injured and orphaned animals back to their habitat. SCWC is a nonprofit, all volunteer center in the Metropolitan Washington, DC area.
Shasta Wildlife Rescue
- Based in Anderson, California. All-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation group. Activities and volunteer information.
- Skunk rescue and rehabilitation in Palmdale, California. Includes education on how to coexist with skunks and humane solutions to problems, and a list of people that can help (US and Canada).
Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue
- Organization rescuing and rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife in Sonoma County, California.
South Bay Wildlife Rehab
- A non-profit organization dedicated to caring for California native wildlife and educating the public about the natural world.
South Plains Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- A wildlife rehabilitation and environmental education facility that cares for orphaned, injured, ill and displaced native wildlife species with an ultimate goal of release back to the wild. Located in Lubbock, Texas.
Southwest Wildlife Foundation
- Non-profit organization that rescues and rehabilitates injured and orphaned wildlife native to Arizona. Located in Scottsdale, AZ.
SPCA Wildlife Care Center
- South Florida facility that rescues, rehabilitates, and releases injured wildlife as well as treating and placing domestic, exotic, and farm animals.
Statewide Wildlife Rescue Emergency Service
- A non profit volunteer organisation, for the rescue, rehabilitation and release of native wildlife. Based in Victoria, Australia.
Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary
- Information on the work of one of Tampa Bay's wild bird sanctuaries. Indian Shores, Florida.
Tamarack Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education Center
- A not-for-profit organization located in Saegertown, Pennsylvania. Specializes in the rescue, treatment and release of injured, orphaned and sick wildlife.
Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition
- Wildlife shelter located in Houston. Features organization, event, and donation information.
Three Rivers Avian Center
- Bird rehabilitation center in West Virginia.
Treasure Coast Wildlife Hospital
- A non-profit corporation helping south Florida's wildlife and people since 1974.
Tri State Bird Rescue and Research
- A private, non-profit wildlife rehabilitation and rescue organization also involved with oil spill response.
Urban Wildlife Rescue
- Denver Colorado based non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating injured and orphaned animals.
Vale Wildlife Rescue
- A registered charity dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and, where possible, release of sick, injured or orphaned British wildlife.
Virginia Beach SPCA Wildlife Program
- Located in Virginia Beach, VA, an organization of rehabilitators and other volunteers providing care, treatment, and ultimately release of all species of wildlife.
The Weirfield Wildlife Hospital
- Covering the care, first aid, rehabilitation and eventual re-release of Wildlife.
Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre
- Not-for-profit organization that provides rescue and rehabilitation services to wild animals on southern Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. News, membership, sponsorship, and contact information.
Wild Bird Rehabilitation
- St. Louis, MO based organization that provides care for injured, ill, and orphaned wild birds and releases those birds back into their natural habitat.
Wild Lives Rescue Centre
- A UK centre for the treatment and rehabilitation of wild creatures in an environment as natural as possible.
WildAgain Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Provides wildlife rehabilitation services, including training on the use of homeopathy and homeopathic medicines with wildlife trauma.
- Providing professional care for sick, injured and orphaned wildlife in south central Indiana.
Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley
- San Jose, CA independent nonprofit organization established to provide high-quality services for local injured, sick and orphaned wildlife. Contribution form, volunteer needs, sponsorship opportunities, kids section, and information on local animals.
Wildlife Center of Texas
- A non-profit organization formed to meet the increasing need for wildlife assistance. Located in Houston, Texas.
Wildlife Center of Virginia
- Hospital for native wildlife, teaching the world to care about and care for wildlife and the environment.
Wildlife Fawn Rescue
- Wildlife Fawn Rescue is dedicated to the care, rehabilitation, and release of Black-tailed Fawns and Western Gray Squirrels in Sonoma County, California.
- Center for wildlife rehabilitation and education.
- Rehabilitates birds, mammals, and reptiles. Includes education information, news and special event calendar.
Wildlife Medical Clinic
- Over 1000 animals are treated per year, including mammals, reptiles, songbirds, waterfowl, and birds of prey. University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine.
Wildlife Rehab Center Ltd.
- An independent, nonprofit, volunteer organization dedicated to offering the West Michigan area a resource for the rehabilitation of orphaned, abandoned, injured, or incapacitated wildlife.
Wildlife Rehab of Greenville
- Rehabilitating injured and orphaned animals before releasing them in the wild. Located in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Provides a wildlife rehabilitation directory search engine to assist the public in placing orphaned and injured wildlife, including mammals, birds and waterfowl. Also has resources for wildlife rehabilitators and tips and information for the public.
- Information on what to do if you find and injured or orphaned animal. Also provides contact details for local rehabilitators.
Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota
- Located in Roseville, Minnesota. A nonprofit, donor-supported organization. Established in response to the increased need for medical care of injured, ill and orphaned wildlife.
Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic
- Rehabilitates sick, injured, and orphaned mammals in Missouri and releases them back into their natural environment.
- Non-profit wildlife rescue and rehabilitation in the Palo Alto and Mountain view areas of the SF Bay area.
Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation, Inc.
- A non-profit sanctuary. Includes stories and news, photograph gallery, tips for dealing with urban wildlife, and volunteer opportunities. Located in Boerne, Texas.
Wildlife Rescue League
- Rehabilitates orphaned and injured native Virginia wildlife, provides public education, and encourages individuals to become licensed wildlife rehabilitators.
Wildlife Rescue, Inc.
- Volunteer network of licensed wildlife rehabilitators, veterinarians, transporters and other interested individuals dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and return to the wild of sick, orphaned and injured birds and small mammals in and around central Maryland.
Wildlife Response, Inc
- A Wildlife Rehabilitation organization dedicated to the rehabilitation and release of Virginia's native wildlife. An all volunteer organization located in the southeastern portion of Virginia known as Hampton Roads.
Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida
- An organization in Pensacola, Florida. Works to provide appropriate care, rehabilitation, and release or sanctuary to injured or orphaned indigenous wildlife. Features newsletter, information about the group, and contact details.
- Wildlife rehabilitators and rescue groups searchable by zip code, animals and permits.
Wild Forever Foundation
- Non-profit all volunteer organization that works with Colorado native wildlife for rehabilitation, health care, and replacement into natural habitats. Includes membership information and a newsletter.
Wolf Hollow Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- A non-profit organization located in Northwest Washington. Information on volunteering, living with wildlife and what to do if you find an animal.
Yggdrasil Urban Wildlife Rescue
- Dedicated to the rehabilitation of orphaned and injured wildlife living in urban city centers. Includes news, photos, information on emergency care and contact details. Located in Oakland, California.
York Center for Wildlife
- Located in southern Maine the center rehabilitates sick and injured birds, mammals and reptiles and returns them to their natural habitats.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2015 at 21:48:57 UTC -