become an editor
the entire directory
only in Plants/North_America
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: North America
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment: Plant Life
Almaden Research Center
- Showcasing the wide variety of Californian wildflowers that grow on the hills and ridges around the building.
Andy's Northern Ontario Wildflowers
- Photographs and identification criteria for Northern Ontario wildflowers and their habitats.
Appalachian Hiking Trail Wildflowers
- Photo gallery of wildflowers found on hiking trails in the southern Appalachians.
Arizona through the Eyes of a Snowbird
- Includes desert flower photos.
Blooming Plants of Southern California
- Photographs and botanical information on Southern California wildflowers, botanical links and sources, and a 750-item botanical glossary.
- The off the beaten path guide to seeing California's wildflowers. Seasons, destinations, picnic and camping spots.
Canadian Poisonous Plants Information System
- An information system with a search by botanical or common name and notes on the effects of ingesting each plant.
- A U.S. National Park Service web site. Includes events, hotline, and educational resources.
Colin's Virtual Herbarium
- Photo gallery of flowering plants (excluding grasses) of the Canadian prairies, particularly Saskatchewan, by Colin Ladyka.
Columbia Basin Wildflowers
- A list of links to photos of wild plants and flowers of the Columbia Basin with informational text, from the Washington Native Plant Society.
Common Plants of the Verde Valley and Sedona
- A photographic guide to the plants of central Arizona's Verde Valley and Sedona. Photos and descriptions of more than 100 species.
- Wildflowers of Connecticut, indexed by flower color, common name and scientific name provided by the Connecticut Botanical Society.
- Photo gallery organized by name, color, and scarcity.
Desert USA: Wildflower Field Guide
- Designed to help identify desert wildflowers by color, scientific name, region and common name.
Eastern Washington Native Plants
- Pictures of native wildflowers, grasses, shrubs and trees from semi-arid Eastern Washington.
Flogaus-Faust's Flower Photos
- Photographs of flowers from the Pacific Northwest.
Flora of the Superior National Forest and BWCA
- Discover the plant life of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Superior National Forest.
Guide to the Plant Communities of California
- Descriptions of thirty or so plant communities that occur in California. Includes pictures and some maps.
Hiking Trails and Wildflowers
- Describes hiking trails in the western Oregon Cascades, with color photographs of wildflowers found on them.
Idaho Mountain Wildflowers
- Guide to the wildflowers that grow in the mountains of Idaho, with descriptions and illustrations.
- Photographs, distribution maps, and detailed descriptions of many species by John Hilty.
Images from the Flora of Roosevelt, New Jersey
- Photographs, mostly of ferns.
Jack County, Texas, Ranch Wildflowers
- Photographs of wildflowers and other wildlife on a 700 acre ranch in north-central Texas by Sue Irish.
Kansas Prairie Wildflowers
- Provides photographs and information on the colorful plants of the prairie.
Kansas Wildflowers and Grasses
- Photographs and information about wild plants found in Kansas.
Keir Morse - Botanist & Photographer
- A gallery of vascular plant photos from North America organized into albums by scientific name.
Las Pilitas - California Native Plants
- Information and photos of hundreds of species from a native plant nursery.
- Photos and information about wildflowers that grow in Minnesota, both native and non-native.
- Photographs, descriptions, and keys to the flowering and non-flowering plants of Missouri.
- Photos and descriptions of some of Missouri's wildflowers.
Montana Plant Life
- Articles, images, and information on flowering, medicinal, edible and poisonous plants of Montana.
- Photographs of wildflowers from western Pennsylvania. Includes identification tool, searchable database, and store.
Native American Technology
- Articles on the traditional uses of many northeastern United States plants.
North Alabama Wildflowers and Native Plants
- Descriptions and photographs of common wildflowers and other native plants of North Alabama.
Photo Album of Coe Park Wildflowers
- Large images of about 100 species from California.
Plants of New Jersey Pine Barrens
- Includes photos and an index of plants.
Plants of the Great Lakes Region
- Plant information from the Great Lakes ecosystems and links to other plant/ecology sites.
Prairie Wildflowers of Illinois
- Descriptions and photographs of Prairie Wildflowers in Illinois. Also includes cultivation requirements, range maps, floral-fauna associations, and other information.
- Photos of California wildflowers found in Almaden Quicksilver County Park with information about the park, views of the park, and reviews of wildflower guidebooks.
Southwest Colorado Wildflowers
- Photographs and descriptions of wildflowers of the San Juan Mountains, canyons, and semi-desert areas of Southwest Colorado.
Spring Wildflowers of Northern Virginia
- Photographs and identifying features listed by common and scientific name.
Stinger's Large Image Collection
- Series of photographs, arranged by botanical family, of plants observed in various locations around the United States.
Susan's Nature Walk
- The identification of wild flowers around Medical Lake in eastern Washington throughout the months.
- Photos of wildflowers found on hikes throughout the state.
Texas Roadside Gardens
- Personal site with photos of wildflowers and butterflies from the San Antonio area.
Texas Wildflower Pictures
- Photography of Texas wildflowers arranged by color (with no scientific names); list of spring wildflower sightings.
- Wildflower photographs taken in the hill country of central Texas.
Wild Flowering Plants of Northwestern California
- Features photos and where to find native plants common to the redwoods and coast of northwestern California.
- Features photographs by Rich Olivieri and information on Texas wildflower viewing routes, resources, events, forum, and reports.
- A key to wildflowers of Northeastern and Central United States and adjacent Canada.
Wildflowers from Saddleback to the Sea
- Searchable archive of more than 550 photographs of plants of the cismontane Santa Ana Mountains of Southern California sorted by color, scientific name, common name, community, and plant uses.
Wildflowers in Bloom
- From the Texas Agricultural Extension Service. Includes photographs, seed sources, growing information, and links.
Wildflowers of Kentucky
- Photographs by Charles Starr of various wildflowers that are native to Kentucky.
Wildflowers of Southern California
- Photo gallery of many species, subdivided by habitat and listed by family, common, or scientific names.
Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest
- Informational photo gallery of native wildflowers found in the Pacific Northwest, USA.
Wildflowers of the Santa Monica Mountains (and Beyond)
- A collection of over 2500 photographs by Jay Sullivan of flowers found in southern and central California.
Wildflowers of the Southeastern U. S.
- Images and information on hundreds of wild plants.
Wildflowers of Tucson
- Features photos of subjects arranged alphabetically and by colors. Includes places to view wildflowers, bibliography and links.
Wildflowers on the Trail
- Describes wildflowers and plants commonly found on hiking trails in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Photos and botanical names, dates, and locations are given.
Wildflowers: A Closer Look
- Reny Parker provides a gallery of photographs of native plants taken in several US states. Search for photos by botanical or common name, family, color or location.
Plants - North America
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 15, 2015 at 17:06:12 UTC -