become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Regional: North America: United States: Recreation and Sports: Caving
20th Century Castles
- Offers information about decommissioned underground missile site properties. Includes photos and descriptions.
Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields
- Information on vanished or abandoned airfields and little-known airfields with unusual histories. US locations.
- Abandoned asylums in Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York and Massachusetts.
Abandoned Mine Lands
- This is an official U.S. Government website managed by the Bureau of Land Management.
Abandoned Missile Base VR Tour
- This presentation will take you on a full tour of a decommissioned, abandoned underground missile complex.
- A website dedicated to documenting and photographing abandoned sites and locations in the United States.
- Drains, steam tunnels, abandoned buildings, military leftovers and more in Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau and Sitka.
- Photos of abandoned and active locations with a focus on exploring New York and the northeast United States.
American Urban Exploration
- World-wide urban exploration, based out of the "Good Ol'" USA
BEG: Bangor Explorer's Guild
- The guild of an explorer in Bangor who likes abandoned buildings, tunnels, drains and caves.
Below the Capital
- Transit exploring in Washington, DC.
- Abandoned farm houses and drive in movie theaters.
- Images of industrial ruins and vanishing building typologies. Subjects include asylums and substations.
Coal Fields of the Appalachian Mountains
- Exploring abandoned coal mines.
- History and personal recollections of abandoned shopping malls in the USA.
Defunct Amusement Parks
- A collection of defunct amusement park information, searchable by state, with history and photographs of some parks.
- A collection of urban decay photographs from many several locations. US.
Flickr: Ghost Towns
- Lost places, once inhabited towns and forgotten futures of the American Old West.
Flickr: Kentuckiana Haunted Places
- For photos and comments on places that are known to be haunted or scary in and around Kentucky.
Flickr: Rust Belt
- Show us your smelters, your open-hearth furnaces, your train tracks, your sulfur-burning, coal-fired plants, shuttered factories, and abandoned warehouses. Show us our cities, deserted streets and blighted neighborhoods. Show us the forgotten broad shoulders of industrial America.
Flickr: The Old West
- Anything that reminds you of that yesteryear: barns, cattle, six shooters, hats, ranches, horses.
- Tunnel explorers at the University of Arkansas, featuring illustrated expedition accounts.
Ghost Town Gallery
- Pictures of ghost towns and historic places in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Utah. Picture gallery, driving directions, historic information, maps.
Great Lakes Urban-Ex
- Urban exploration photography and history from Rust Belt areas in the Great Lakes region.
Hey Bill Brown
- Photos and descriptions of disused and abandoned urban facilities in the US. Still publishes Dreamwhip Zine as well.
- Personal stories of historical exploration. Based in the US.
- Freelance photographer based in Atlanta, GA. Urban exploration and commercial photography.
Lifeless World Photography
- A look at the world with the human element removed. Images by James Zaratin.
- The website for those who love to get "lost"- explore places abandoned, haunted, forgotten, spooky, unusual, mysterious, historical, mythical and unknown. Based in the US.
- Contains information about abandoned buildings and places in Indiana.
Modern Day Ruins
- Dedicated to the not-so-forgotten abandoned places.
- Photographs by Phillip Buehler.
National Register of Historic Places
- Part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate, and protect historic and archeological resources. Listings of historic and vacant places.
New England Ruins
- Photography by Rob Dobi.
- A collection of histories, exploration accounts, and thousands of photographs of various abandoned structures in the United States and Europe. Features many derelict psychiatric hospitals and asylums as well as documenting abandoned prisons, large industrial sites, and other historical places.
Passionate Perspective Photography
- Artistic photography in ruined places. US based. Candy Delaney.
Phoenix Trotting Park
- A comprehensive history, photos, and bibliography of the Phoenix Trotting Park harness racing track in Goodyear, Arizona.
- The national, private organization chartered by Congress to encourage public participation in the preservation of sites, buildings, and objects significant in American history.
Stealth Force Beta
- A portfolio from a group of troublemaking explorers who once operated at New Mexico Tech.
Strange New England
- Field guide to New England's legends, curious history and weird destinations.
Under City - Steve Duncan
- An urban exploration, guerrilla historian and photographer. US based.
- A forum for discussing urban exploration in the Ozarks.
- Cavort endlessly among the ruins. Photo galleries of tunnels in Danvers State Hospital, military bunkers, and various abandoned buildings of the northeast.
What's Left of Birmingham
- WLoB is a photolog with an emphasis on urban decay, rural decomposition, and industrial relics. Based in Alabama.
United States urban exploration
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 13, 2016 at 6:06:40 UTC -