become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urban_Exploration/Image_Galleries
Rail-fanning and Train-spotting
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Fortifications: Castles
Recreation: Travel: Image Galleries
Society: Paranormal: Ghosts: Image Galleries
Society: Paranormal: Ghosts: Places and Hauntings
- A project of Kim Koester, Richard Schumann, Stephan Schulz and Johannes Buenemann. Walk through the sights and hear the sounds of a dilapidated structure.
Bill Hocker Photographs
- Collection of industrial photographs.
Broken, bent, rusted, or worn
- Post pictures of anything that has been modified from its original state, wether it be intentional, by nature, or accident.
- Photographs and drawings of derelict machinery.
Dylan Trigg: The Poetics of Decay
- Resource for essays on decay, urban exploration and the aesthetics of urban ruins.
Flickr: Old, Rusty & Corroded
- Photographs of old, broken, rusty things. Group began for vehicles but has grown to include anything.
Flickr: Abandon: The Secret Lives of Deserted Buildings
- Photos which show the building acquiring a new character. Shots that are just straight documentary records of simple unoccupied spaces are not appropriate for this group.
Flickr: Abandonded Gas Stations
- Rusty old gas pumps and abandoned gas stations.
- Places and things which have been abandoned.
Flickr: Abandoned Bicycles
- Bikes abandoned by their owners.
Flickr: Abandoned Building Art
- Photos and art found in and around abandoned buildings and houses.
Flickr: Abandoned But Not Forgotten
- This group is about abandoned buildings in various areas. Note: website listed for this group redirects to a spam site but the Flickr link is good.
Flickr: Abandoned Cottages
- Pictures of abandoned and lost cottages in the city, villages or countryside.
Flickr: Abandoned Farms
- Photos of abandoned farms and other rural buildings in decay.
Flickr: Abandoned Furniture
- Take photos of furniture you've come across on the street and submit them here.
Flickr: Abandoned Hotels
- Abandoned and closed down hotels.
Flickr: Abandoned Places / Lugares abandonados
- Photography group to share photos of abandoned places.
Flickr: Abandoned Places and Things
- Sharing photos which show the interesting aspects of abandoned places, buildings and things.
Flickr: Abandoned Rooms
- Empty (or nearly) rooms in abandoned houses.
Flickr: Abandoned to Time
- Pictures of anything abandoned, mainly buildings. Rough, ransacked, dirty, torn-down, and messy.
Flickr: Abandoned Trolley Project
- Supermarket trolleys (or carts) have a tendency to show up in the strangest of places.
Flickr: Abandoned Trollies
- Abandoned supermarket carts, shopping carts or trolleys.
Flickr: Abandoned TVs
- Photographing abandoned televisions and monitors.
Flickr: Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty
- Anything old, neglected, abandoned, falling apart, or rusting.
- Photos of abandonment on a larger scale - abandoned factories, recreational facilities, stores, train stations.
Flickr: All Things Rusty
- Rusted objects and places. Anything derelict, with a good coat of rust.
Flickr: Antiquity Abating
- Snap a picture of an old building, house, farm or other structure, tag it with the location, and post it to this group. We may not be able to rebuild them, but we can remember them.
Flickr: Any Derelict Building
- Any kind of buildings (outside/ inside): abandoned, derelict, uninhabited, empty, unoccupied, tumbledown, broken-down, ramshackle, run-down, ruined.
Flickr: aPeeling Paint
- For images of peeling, weathered paint.
Flickr: Architecture of Old
- A particular style or fashion of a building, especially one that is typical of a period of history or of a particular place.
Flickr: Art of Urbex
- This group is more specifically aimed at urban exploration photography as an art form using light and or available elements in an artistic fashion.
Flickr: Asylums for the Insane
- An exploration of mental hospitals, asylums and housing for the insane.
Flickr: Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings
- Barns, sheds, smoke houses, dilapidated farm houses and other rustic and rural buildings.
Flickr: Battered Beauty
- Beautiful things that are tattered, cracked, rusted, bruised, broken, burned, or busted in any way.
Flickr: Beautiful Decay
- This group is intended to contain images that show decay in an aesthetic way.
Flickr: Beauty of Decay
- Beauty in decaying buildings and their accessories.
Flickr: Beyond Repair
- Anything so far beyond decay you know it isn't coming back.
Flickr: Bicycle Unfriendly
- Bikes in peril.
Flickr: Bridges and Tunnels
- This is a public group for pictures of bridges or tunnels.
Flickr: Broken Bicycles in the Streets
- Broken and abandoned bicycles in photographs.
Flickr: Chairs at Abandonments
- It's an eerie phenomenon, but there always seem to be an odd chair or something of that genre in abandonments. Only post chairs, sofas, benches and the such found in abandoned, desolate locations.
Flickr: Church Ruins
- The group for church and chapel ruins. This can include ruined abbeys, priories, monasteries and friaries.
Flickr: Closed for Business
- Shops, stores, restaurants, cafes, retail and public buildings, that have ceased business and are falling into a state of decay and rot.
- Photos of houses, factories, buildings that are about to be burned or torn down.
Flickr: Construction and Deconstruction
- Demolition of old buildings and construction of new places.
- Pictures of damaged items and places.
Flickr: Dams & Spillways
- Collecting photographs of dams, spillways, and anything attached to them.
Flickr: Dead Malls & Vacant Retail
- Pictures of abandoned retail facilities, inside and out.
Flickr: Death of the Service Station
- Add your images to document the death of the service station, or to inject some optimism, add some hope with images demonstrating the restoration/ revival of it.
Flickr: Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful
- Group to share photographs from decayed places which still have some beauty.
- Anything decaying: urban, rural, industrial, or natural. Photos from around the world.
Flickr: Decaying Urban Artscapes
- A collection of decaying urban wall textures, spontaneous guerilla art, fragments of political dissent and abstruse messages.
Flickr: Demolished Demolition Gone
- Photos of buildings or significant structures, now demolished or removed since originally photographed.
Flickr: Derelict Light
- Photos of light at the scene of an abandoned building or place.
- A group to share photos of all things old, rusty and derelict.
- A group to illustrate and protest the desecration/ vandalism of cemeteries.
Flickr: Desperate HouseLives
- Photos of homes, houses and residences in all kinds of disrepair.
Flickr: Dilapidated Buildings
- Post your photos of dilapidated buildings (residential or commercial).
Flickr: Dilapidated Houses
- Old houses showing decay or breaking down.
- Post all your images of dilapidated places. Anything fallen into a state of disrepair, neglect, decay or partial ruin.
- Photos of doors, mostly old, in rough shape or otherwise notable.
Flickr: Doors and Windows in Decay
- Could be new or old, urban or rural, but must be clearly decaying and not stuff that could be resolved with a wet cloth and some detergent.
Flickr: Downtrodden Docks
- This site is dedicated to images of abandoned docks and piers.
Flickr: Enter the Machine
- Images that go beyond simple industrial photography. Capturing the color of rust, the feeling of an abandoned factory, the patterns in flaking paint, a vanishing point in a mill.
- About the pleasure to be found in decay, the inevitable passage of the pretentious and the grandiose.
Flickr: Exploring Abandonments
- For those who explore inside abandoned and semi-abandoned buildings. Just taking pictures from outside isn't enough.
Flickr: Eyðibýli - Abandoned Houses
- Photos of abandoned houses, buildings and ruins.
- All kinds of factories: derelict or full of life, new or old, large or small.
- New, old and defunct factories in photos.
- Sharing photos of old, condemned homes and buildings.
- A group for photographers who have found themselves being forbidden to take photos of some thing or place.
- Things forgotten, if only for a minute, or an endless period of time.
Flickr: Forgotten Things
- Not just abandoned, this group is for things that seem to simply have been forgotten: old cemeteries, rusty cars, swingsets. Non-living things only. These are the things you know will still be there, unattended, if you drive by 10 years from now.
Flickr: Former Theaters
- Photos of theaters that are either no longer in use (abandoned, condemned) or have been transformed into something else but still structurally resemble theaters.
Flickr: Forsaken By Society
- People, places or things which have been abandoned, forgotten or ignored.
Flickr: Fortresses, Forts & Fortifications of the World
- Forts, fortress and fortifications of the world.
Flickr: Ghosts From The Machine
- In post-industrial environments, there are many reminders, echoes, hints or ghosts of our industrial past.
Flickr: Gone Forever
- Anything that no longer exists: a place, a building, a treasured object, or even a pet. Mainly photos of buildings in the group.
Flickr: HDR Decay
- This is a group exclusively for HDR photographs featuring decay.
Flickr: Historic Homesteads
- This a public group for photos of old, pioneering ruins. Photos of objects used in old homesteads, fences,ruins of old homesteads, stations, ranches or other abandoned farms or farming machinery.
Flickr: Historic Water Mills
- Water powered mills from the early 20th century and before. Can be grist mill, saw mill, or any other type of mill. The requirements are that it be water powered and historic.
Flickr: Historical Places
- Group to post photos of favourite historical places.
Flickr: Historical/ Mysterious Places
- Photographs of historical and/ or mysterious places of the world.
Flickr: Houses and Homes
- Pictures (from as many parts of the world as possible) of exteriors of interesting houses/ homes.
Flickr: If These Walls Could Talk...
- Photos of old buildings, structures that look like they have a story behind them. Please add details such as location and the kind of structure it is.
Flickr: Industrial Abandonment
- Abandoned industrial buildings.
Flickr: Industrial Archaeology
- All about abandoned factories, of every type, from every part of the world.
Flickr: Industrial Decay
- Abandoned industry, decaying machinery and vehicles, derelict industrial buildings and other facilities. The older the building, machine or structure, the better. Abandoned locations preferred but not required.
Flickr: Industrial Night Shots
- Industry landscapes at night.
- Urban exploration, industrial archeology and modern industry photography.
- Pictures of places you're not supposed to go.
- Pictures of scrap metal, junkyards, rubbish dumps, anyplace where stuff goes to die. Dead metal.
Flickr: Junk Beauties
- Photos of scrap, jetsom and flotsom, whatever you call piles of junk that can be recycled back into art.
Flickr: League of the Empty Chair
- The key is the emptiness, uncanny lack of belonging that the chair represents.
Flickr: Leaning Houses
- Houses and other buildings that have one thing in common, they lean.
Flickr: Lonely Houses
- Photos of houses in empty spaces, as a lonely strong sign in landscape. Most are abandoned homes.
- Artistic photographs of machines, metals, gears, engines, pulleys, industrial equipment, axles, miscellaneous mechanisms, grease, grime, grit, junk. The inner-workings of anything. Abstract or linear, anything goes.
Flickr: Macro Decay
- Photos of urban decay, does not include things that can be restored.
Flickr: Military Decay
- Abandoned, rotting or dismantled military objects and facilities.
Flickr: Molested Bicycles
- Destroyed bicycles seen in modern cities.
Flickr: Mouldy Old Stones
- Photographs of standing stones, historical monuments (such as castles), and the landscape they exist within.
Flickr: Museum of Dust
- Dust storms and clouds, dust bunnies, drifts of dust and tornadoes for example.
Flickr: My Old Abandoned Home
- Photos and stories of old houses (preferably abandoned/dilapidated, though obviously neglected or in disrepair is acceptable) that the photographer once inhabited.
Flickr: Neglect and Rust
- Things forgotten or just left to the elements.
Flickr: No Trespassing
- A group for those taking pictures in places that have Do Not Enter or No Trespassing signs.
Flickr: Not in Use
- Things which are preferably old, not used anymore or used for a totally different purpose.
Flickr: Octagon Houses (and Other Curious Buildings)
- Group to share and discuss photos of round shaped houses. Some are derelict but it's not necessary.
Flickr: Old & Abandonned
- Old and abandoned buildings, industrial places, burned out places. Some may be creepy looking but anything which has been pretty much forgotten and left to decay.
Flickr: Old & Forgotten
- Buildings and other things that are old, weathered and forgotten.
Flickr: Old And Beautiful
- A group for old buildings, barns, shacks, abandoned homes, and any other old falling down structures.
Flickr: Old Buildings and More
- Old buildings, houses, streets, markets, national monuments, bridges or even a building in ruins.
Flickr: Old Buildings are Beautiful
- This group is about viewing a rundown factory, shed, or farm house as beautiful and not an eyesore.
Flickr: Old Buildings Bridges Landmarks
- Old buildings bridges or landmarks. Share the history in pictures of any historic place you may have been.
Flickr: Old Churches
- Group to share photos of old churches.
Flickr: Old City
- A group for people who love old towns and cities. Old buildings, streets, bridges, fragments of cities more than a hundred years of age.
Flickr: Old City Views
- Ancient and old architecture city views, around the world.
Flickr: Old Houses
- Pictures of old houses 90, 100 years old or older.
Flickr: Old Stones
- By stone we mean rock shaped by humans. By old we mean at least 100 years, but something like 1000 years would be more appropriate.
Flickr: Old Structures.
- Structures of all kinds. Mostly abandoned or still in limited use.
Flickr: Old Stuff
- Antiques, collectibles, old bits and pieces, old cars and bikes.
Flickr: Old Water Pumps
- The aim is to collect photos of old manual (hand-powered) water pumps.
Flickr: Old Windows and Frames
- This is a group for pictures of old windows and window frames.
Flickr: Old Wood
- Decaying wood; buildings, fence posts, at various stages in the aging process.
Flickr: Out to Pasture
- Old cars, farm equipment, machinery, that has been put out to pasture.
- This is a group for pictures where any object or item is being taken over by nature. Overgrown, plants, vines, weeds, obscuring some object.
Flickr: Palaces, Castles, Towers, Pagodas, Fortresses And Ruins of Old
- Pictures of pre-Medieval, Medieval and post-Medieval towers, lighthouses, castles, fortresses, and especially remnants thereof.
Flickr: Peeled and Patched Walls
- Group to share photos of peeling and patched walls.
Flickr: Photographing Prohibited
- Photos taken in prohibited locations. Infiltrating industrial plants, military installations, concerts, train and metro stations.
Flickr: Prisons, Fortresses, Deserted Islands
- A group for pictures of abandoned prisons, fortresses and deserted islands.
Flickr: Project Abandoned Buildings
- Objective of this group is to shoot abandoned buildings anywhere on Earth.
Flickr: Reclaimed By Nature
- Shots of man made things that nature has decided to take for its own.
Flickr: Restricted Access
- Urban exploration: buildings and sites with posted signs telling you not to go there. (No Trespassing, Restricted Access.)
- Photos of building and structures ruined by the passage of time.
Flickr: Rural Darkness
- The only major criteria for posting images to this group is a rural setting (or at least evoking a rural mood or feeling of isolation) plus a dark aura (or sense of dread). Think rural decay but with a more Gothic or eerie sensibility.
Flickr: Rural Decay
- Pictures of barns, silos, farms and other rural buildings decaying. Objects now part of the landscape are also welcome, such as tractors, or old farm equipment.
Flickr: Rural Deterioration
- Pictures of rural buildings deteriorating and decaying. Must be man made and must be rural ie: old or ruined houses, sheds, doors, windows, churches.
Flickr: Rural Exploration
- This group is for those who explore the interiors of abandoned buildings in rural settings.
Flickr: Rust and Ruins
- Group to showcase photos of derelict places, rust in ruins.
- Photos of the items covered with or consisting of rust, or rusted.
Flickr: Rusty and Crusty
- Rusting, crusting, rotting, decomposing and just plain falling apart.
Flickr: Sad Boats
- Pictures of sad boats - boats that have had mishaps, seen better days or come to bad ends, down-right decrepit boats, defunct boats, fossilized boats.
Flickr: Sad Chairs
- Abandoned, discarded and/or sad chairs found and photographed out there in the world.
Flickr: Scary Houses
- Share your pictures of scary looking houses or buildings.
Flickr: Spiral Stairway
- For the image without end, a staircase towards the paradise, myth or poetry of the spiral. Group to share images of spiral staircases.
Flickr: Stairs in Decay
- Stairs in decay, as part of old and abandoned buildings.
Flickr: Stately Homes, Palaces and Castles
- Photography group to share photos of homes, mansions, palaces and castles.
Flickr: Storm Drains & Sewers
- Sharing photos from the inside of storm drains and sewers.
Flickr: Strange Places
- Pictures taken in strange places, places pictures should not be taken.
Flickr: Subterranean Areas
- Basements, underground stations, tunnels, underground parking decks, abandoned or still in use.
Flickr: Suburban Decay
- All about the little things in suburbia that are unexpectedly macabre, dying, decaying, or otherwise at odds with the peaceful suburban lifestyle.
Flickr: Tales of the Forgotten Lands and Places
- Photos of industrial waste land or old factories.
Flickr: That Old Timey Feeling
- Anything old, that old rusted car in your back yard, the old abandoned house down the street, that rustic looking boat that has been sitting on blocks for years at your local marina, just about anything you find in your parents or grandparents attic.
Flickr: The Original Abandoned Shopping Trolley Project
- Trolleyspotters. Photos of abandoned shopping trolleys/ carts.
Flickr: The Abandoned
- Post pictures of anything that has been abandoned. Buildings, junk on the side of the road, and the like.
Flickr: The Broken Bicycle Project
- Photographs of bicycles in various states of disrepair. If it's missing wheels, rusted, bent, the chain's falling off, it's hanging from a tree, the frame is all that's left, if it's messed up in any way, take a photo and post it.
Flickr: The End of Industry
- Factories, mills, mines, refineries, all left to rot, and worse.
Flickr: The Old
- Old destroyed objects, abandoned places, houses, factories.
Flickr: The Rust Bucket
- Photos of anything that is rusted and weathered.
Flickr: The Unconscious Art Of Demolition
- Pictures of the unconscious aesthetical creations resulting from the destruction of man-made structures.
Flickr: Things that Moved
- Things that moved but don't anymore. Broken down and retired vehicles. Planes, trains, automobiles, riding mowers. Does not include buildings and things that never moved.
Flickr: This Old House
- Not houses that are falling down, but old houses that can be remodeled and preserved. Old historic houses.
Flickr: TOP UrbX
- Showcasing the best (top standards) urban exploration photos.
Flickr: Trashy Houses
- Post your photos of (not abandoned) derelict homes that amaze you because of condition, yard art, or just plain decay. No abandoned or storm-damaged homes, only those that are occupied.
- This group is for shots taken in areas where most people don't often venture (not necessarily breaking trespassing laws). The spin of this group should be somewhat journalistic, so as to show a viewer an off-limits area.
Flickr: Tunnel... Corridor... Underpass...
- Exploring in the depths of the concrete jungle.
Flickr: Tunnels, Pipes, Holes.
- Exploring tunnels, pipes, holes, drains, the world underneath.
- A group dedicated to any photography Interior or exterior that concerns urban exploring.
Flickr: Underneath the Bridge
- Everything you find under a bridge: graffiti, people, water, trash, traffic as long as it's under a bridge.
- A group about places that you are not supposed to notice.
Flickr: Urban Abandonments
- Show off your best abandoned urban relic finds.
Flickr: Urban Decay
- Rundown buildings, neighborhoods and all things within.
Flickr: Urban Entropy
- All closed systems will eventually break down and chaos will ensue.
Flickr: Urban Explorers
- Photos and stories about abandoned paper mills, condemned hospitals, decaying barns.
Flickr: Urban Fragments
- Photos of architectural details and ephemera: bits of carving and molding, doors and windows, peeling paint, rusty metal, old brickwork, decaying wood, graffiti, signs, murals, urban art, billboards. No photos with people in them.
Flickr: Urban Secret & Forgotten Places
- Places in the heart of populated places that are forgotten, or hard to reach.
Flickr: Urban Spelunkers
- Going into abandoned buildings, storm drains, tunnels, anywhere man made that is not meant for most people to see.
- Dedicated to urbex or urban exploration.
- A group to help compile photos of things that we photographed that vanished afterwards so they can always be remembered.
Flickr: Vanishing Beauty
- This group is for all of those beautiful, old things which are disappearing from our world: old buildings, wonderful old walls, old mechanical devices like typewriters and parking meters. If you can't preserve it physically, preserve it photographically. No sunsets.
Flickr: War Ruins
- Shared photographs of war ruins.
Flickr: Weathered and Worn
- For photographs of anything shabby, weathered and worn.
Flickr: Weathered Wood
- Images of wood that's been weathered. Whether by wind, sun, water, or a combination. The grayer, the rougher, the better. Buildings, pier pilings, driftwood, you get the picture.
Flickr: Wonders of Oxidation
- This group is dedicated to creative and artsy photos of oxidation and the wonders it creates.
Flickr: Wrack & Ruin
- Abandoned,disintegrated, beyond repair,rusty. Photo sharing group.
Flickr: You Can't Take Pictures Here
- Places, situations where you have been told not to take pictures. Examples are military, government or scientific establishments of any kind, hospitals, churches.
Forsaken By Society Trilogy - Places
- CARF's photo weblog. Places forgotten by society.
- Buildings and other man made creations from the start of the automobile age that have started to decay.
- Online galleries from Kim J. Köster.
Live Journal: Ephemeral Village's Journal
- Photo journal for small towns only. Documenting disappearing towns, once bustling and useful, now decrepit and crumbling.
- Photographic essays include explorations of a girls orphanage, insane asylum, hospital, crypt, and steel plant.
- Photos by Samuel Marshall. An ongoing project based on photographic art and stories form urban exploration adventures.
PURP: Penguins Under a Reactionary Planet
- Draining and stencil graffiti. Urban exploration and graphic art.
RottenEggs Urban Adventures
- Commercial site that allows registered users to post messages on urban adventures and explorations.
- Sharing photographs from explorations around the world.
- Photographically deconstructing the urban environment. Underground tunnels, derelict industrial sites and urban ruins.
Street Furniture Photos
- Photo website and discussion forum devoted to street furniture from around the world.
Thom: Decay Gallery
- Craig S. Thom, photo gallery of abandoned buildings and places. Available to be sent as postcards.
- Photoblog and Flickr group for images of nature in an urban context.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 8, 2015 at 21:35:18 UTC -