the entire directory
only in Outdoors/Survival_and_Primitive_Technology
Survival and Primitive Technology
Open Directory - Recreation: Outdoors: Survival and Primitive Technology
Schools and Courses
Tools, Weapons, and Equipment Construction
Home: Emergency Preparation
Recreation: Scouting: Resources: Scoutcraft
Shopping: Food: Dried and Emergency Supplies
Society: Issues: Survivalism
This category in other languages:
Equipped to Survive
- A comprehensive online resource for independent reviews of survival equipment and outdoor gear, as well as search and rescue information.
Fox Kits Survival Kits and Survival School
- Offers wilderness survival kits for all outdoor interests and environments and offers full spectrum survival training from military experts. Includes courses offered, rates, and location in Selmer, Tennessee.
- Features hiking, camping, backpacking and wilderness survival tips, gear tips, information about survival school, hiking locations, photos and contact information.
History and Primitive Technology Page
- Articles about the firepiston, flintknapping, the atlatl, and buckskinning.
- Wilderness survival instruction, information, and instructional videos for outdoor enthusiasts.
HowStuffWorks: How Quicksand Works
- Animated tutorial explains how quicksand forms, where it's found, and how one can escape being trapped in it.
M40's Wilderness Survival Skills
- Learn about skills such as fire-making, shelter construction, primitive weapons, snaring, survival kits, water procurement, and survival psychology.
- Articles on clay and pottery, leather and clothes, stonework and tools, weaving and cordage, food and recipes.
Ol' Buffalo Preparedness Page
- Resource for learning to survive in the wilderness as well as at home in a disaster.
Old Jimbo's site.
- Find information concerned with outdoor activities relating to survival, shooting, and plants.
The Outlands WebStead
- Information on homesteading, survival, and other aspects of self-reliance written by people actively involved in living close to the land.
- This site is dedicated to Stone Age technology, atlatl spear throwers, fire by friction, simple kayaks, and bow and arrow.
Safety at Hiker Central
- Safety and survival tips and links.
- Articles by B.L. Benton on many aspects of wilderness survival, including equipment, first aid, procuring food and water, building shelters, navigation, signaling, and making primitive weapons.
Society of Primitive Technology
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the research, practice and teaching of primitive technology, earth skills, wilderness survival and Native awareness.
- Links to information about wilderness survival and hiking, including survival tips, personal stories, and equipment reviews.
- Survival tips, including fire-making, food and water procurement, building shelters, and using medicinal plants. Focus on jungle and sea/beach survival skills.
- Includes articles on various disaster and survival scenarios. Also includes a forum.
The Survival Monkey
- Modern survival information and forum on wilderness and urban preparedness.
- Articles on outdoor survival skills, gear, kits, tips and tricks.
- An illustrated guide with information, tips, pictures, maps and diagrams.
- Large informational website covering topics like poison ivy, ticks, heat exhaustion, spider bites, and the psychology of survival.
- Published by the United States Army. Features map reading and land navigation, topographic symbols, first aid, survival, evasion and recovery, field hygiene and sanitation, and basic cold weather camping.
Wilderness Resource List
- A compilation of wilderness schools, periodicals, and listservs.
- Articles on firemaking, cordage, winter camping, and nature lore. Also teaches workshops in outdoors skills.
Wilderness Survival Guide
- An illustrated guide to basic skills including travel, food and water, first-aid, and health.
Survival and Primitive Technology
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 1, 2013 7:15:12 AM EDT -