become an editor
the entire directory
only in Scuba_Diving/Underwater_Life
Science: Biology: Ecology: Aquatic Ecology
Save Our Seas Foundation
- Awareness, protection, preservation and conservation of the global marine environment are the heart of the Save Our Seas Foundation's mission. Save our Seas Foundation is a non-profit making Swiss foundation headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Antonella Gambotto Learns to Dive
- The controversial author and journalist has an interesting experience of underwater life ...
- Pictures of marine flora and fauna, by Nick Peters, painted underwater while on SCUBA.
British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR)
- UK based organization who rescue stranded and sick cetaceans and other marine mammals.
- Underwater photography and statistics of marine life. Great white sharks, Carcharodon carcharias, whale sharks, dolphins and many other marine life forms. Images of crustaceans, turtles, manta rays, seals and corals.
Cochrane Artificial Reef
- Information and photographs detailing the construction of the artificial reef situated in the Coral Sea near Bundaberg on the east coast of Australia.
Coral Cay Conservation
- Volunteer expeditions that provide resources to help sustain livelihoods and alleviate poverty through the protection, restoration and management of coral reefs and tropical forests.
Coral Reef Creatures
- Stock underwater photography and photographic images of Pacific and Red Sea coral reef marine animals arranged as a species identification guide.
Coral Reef Institute
- The Coral Reef Institute - Protecting the Marine Environment and Training the Environmental Leaders of the Future. Diving in Phuket, Thailand and Myanmar (Burma).
Dive BC Underwater Marine Life
- A collection of underwater photographs from the Dive BC series of guide books.
Dive Timor Leste
- Visit East Timor's pristine coral reefs and meet their inhabitants.
- Tools and links to help to plan your next shark diving vacation. Don't forget to check out the sea life gallery!
- Where to dive with the sharks, skates, and rays of the Americas. Elasmobranch identification.
EnviroSEA Marine Environmental Awareness
- Marine life and environmental awareness issues in Thailand and South East Asia.
Fish of Greece
- Pictures of fish that live in the seas of Greece, their scientific, common and Greek names.
The Great American Fish Count
- Information about an annual event held each July to introduce divers and snorkelers to the hobby of fishwatching and to educate the public about marine resources.
Great White Sharks
- Pictures and Video of Great White Sharks and other sea life.
Hawaiian Marine Life
- Hawaii's marine wildlife, dolphins, whales, sea turtles, monk seals, seabirds, and diverse fish species
The International Shark Attack File
- Shark attack statistics including special sections for the great white shark and shark attacks on divers.
Manatee Facts and Photos at Crystal River, Florida
- Information, Photos and Facts and on the West Indian Manatee, Crystal River Florida diving and snorkeling with manatees, Crystal River, Florida
Marine Conservation Society - Member's Dives
- Find news about the diving activities for and by MCS members.
Marine Life Learning Center
- To educate, inform and entertain marine life enthusiasts, scuba divers and naturalists about the underwater world.
- Marine species, marine conservation efforts, and ocean life research. Discussion forum and daily marine biology news.
Mote Marine Laboratory
- This independent, nonprofit research organization in Sarasota, Florida, has a great deal of information about shark and dolphin research, sea turtles, other marine mammals, elasmobranchs, and other marine life indigenous to Florida waters. Site has a shark tank interactive camera.
Red Sea Fish Identification and Pictures
- Photographs of fishes found in the Red Sea which require identification.
Reef Ball Foundation, Inc.
- A non-profit charitable organization whose mission is to help restore aquatic ecosystems using artificial reefs and to educate people and children about the importance of aquatic ecosystems.
Scuba Diving with Hawaiian Sea Turtles
- This site educates the viewer about the different aspects of diving with Hawaiian sea turtles. The viewer can learn about anthropology of turtles, where in Hawaii they can found, and tips on how to appreciate these creatures as well as respecting their environment.
The Sea Slug Forum
- A site where you can ask questions and post information on nudibranchs and related sea slugs.
The Sea Slug Watchers
- How to enjoy seaslugs; with photographs, movies and information on how to search them out!
- All about Shark attacks with photos of victims and sharks. Site aims to report every shark attack from around the world.
The Slug Site
- Devoted to the study of Opisthobranch Molluscs (ie Nudibranchs).
South Carolina Marine Life
- A guide to the marine life of the coastal South Carolina waters, featuring colorful photographs and descriptive information.
- Index of marine animals and information on ecology of the sea.
- Focused on the beauty and conservation of our ocean planet. Showcasing underwater photos, videos, an explorer's journal and dive adventure stories.
Tiger Shark Research
- This site relates to scientific research aimed at increasing understanding of tiger sharks. Major goals of this research include determining movement patterns and habitat use of these predators.
Travel Photography by Eric Cheng
- Web journals featuring the topside and underwater photography of Eric Cheng.
Underwater fauna & flora
- Underwater life pictures from all over the world.
- Free computer wallpaper photos of fish, invertebrates and other underwater creatures, many with links to pages describing the featured animals.
- Third oldest public aquarium in the United States features studies of aquatic life in Hawaii. Visitor information, virtual tour, history, webcams, education program summary, research, and marine life profiles.
The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
- Dedicated exclusively to the conservation, welfare and appreciation of all whales, dolphins and porpoises.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 10, 2014 at 17:58:52 UTC -