become an editor
the entire directory
only in Outdoors/Letterboxing
Arts: Crafts: Rubber Stamping
Kids and Teens: Sports and Hobbies: Letterboxing
Recreation: Outdoors: Geocaching
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Devon: Dartmoor
This category in other languages:
Letterboxing North America
- US-based portal offering FAQ, links, forums, and a members-only section where clues can be submitted.
About.com: Letterboxing and Geocaching Attract Walkers
- Article describing the basics and the factors that motivate people to start letterboxing.
- Artist from Salem, Massachusetts describes her boxes.
Atlas Quest Letterboxing
- Community with forums, searchable clues, trip planner, recording of finds, event listings, trackers, tutorials, photo galleries, and chat room.
Chowder's Southern California Letterboxes
- Search for boxes in Long Beach, San Bernardino and Lake Arrowhead, California.
- Chuck and Molly's letterboxes in Connecticut.
Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection: Letterboxing
- Official site supports letterboxing in publicly owned state forests. Includes clues and a map of letterbox sites in state forests.
- Introduction, tips and things to avoid, news, survey, and letterbox clues for the Dartmoor area.
- Includes a forum, image gallery, map of the area, contact details, and the history of the activity.
Der Mad Stamper
- Rubber stamp carver Mitch offers instructions on how to carve a stamp and clues to the many boxes he's planted in the US.
- Posts first finds submitted by new US letterboxers, organized by state.
Fleur de Lis' Letterboxing Journal
- Weblog about his letterboxing hobby.
Have Feet Will Travel
- Introduction, contact details, and guidelines for letterboxing in the Dartmoor area.
History of Dartmoor Letterboxing
- Account first published as "More Dartmoor Letterboxes" by Anne Swinscow in 1986.
- Clues to quick and easy letterboxes to find while traveling on Route I-95, from Maine to Florida.
- Clues for letterboxes located in Kansas.
- Forum with clues and discussion topics. Includes helpful hints on methods and supplies.
- Includes letterboxing basics and clues for Minnesota letterboxes.
Letterboxing North America WebRing
- Links to dozens of forums and clue sites.
- British university student studying letterboxing for her dissertation asks visitors to answer a few questions on the activity.
The Mapsurfer Treasureboxes
- Challenging letterbox clues by Randy Hall, the author of The Letterboxing Companion.
Mark and Sue Pepe
- Couple from Kensington, Connecticut describe activities in eleven states and the island of Aruba.
NeeDeep's State Stamp Letterboxes
- Ambitious family project placing letterboxes in each state, patterned after the US quarters series.
New England Area Letterboxing Gatherings
- Mark and Sue's weblog of letterboxing events in New England.
New Zealand Letterboxing
- Clues, views, and news including boxes from Team Psychokiwi, Judi, Linton, and the Bunny.
Rhode Island's Bored Nocturnal Adventurer's Guild
- Informal group and clues to the boxes they've planted.
Silent Doug's Letterboxing Site
- Articles including getting started, outdoor ethics, and explanation of cryptic letterboxer codes. Also includes list of boxes found and clues for boxes placed in the northeastern region of the United States.
- Blog and Michigan clues and events.
Wanda and Pete's Letterboxes
- Clues for boxes placed primarily in Rhode Island, but a few in other states as well. Also includes logs of the movement of hitchhiker boxes, primarily in New England.
We Live and Breathe Letterboxing
- Accounts, photographs, and memorabilia of the 2008 event as well as an online recreation of the letterboxing museum.
Yahoo! Groups: Letterboxing Northeast
- Discussion group for the northeastern US.
Yahoo! Groups: Letterboxing USA
- Discussion group for US letterboxers.
Yahoo! Groups: New Letterboxers Group
- Discussion forum and articles for those new to letterboxing.
New Times: Carved in Rubber
- Introductory article by Ashley Schwellenbach featuring a letterboxer and the founder of Atlas Quest. (June 17, 2009)
NPR : Letterboxing
- Radio host Linda Wertheimer and Thomas Johnston, an enthusiast in Washington, D.C., find a letterbox near the White House. [audio] (April 10, 2004)
The Gazette: Letterboxing a Hobby of Inky Fingers and Hidden Treasures
- Article on local letterboxing from chain of community newspapers near Washington, DC. (July 09, 2003)
Fox News: Letterboxing Makes Hiking an Adventure
- Feature story datelined Oakland, New Jersey. (June 14, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 25, 2014 at 20:15:10 UTC -