become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hunting/Trapping
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: North America: United States: Fur Trade and Mountain Man
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Environment: Wildlife and Conservation
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
Shopping: Recreation: Outdoors: Hunting: Trapping
Society: History: By Region: North America: Fur Trade
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Rights: Fur Trade
Alaska Trapping Forum
- An Alaskan message board dedicated to trapping, education, and information. Not limited to Alaskans only.
British Columbia Trappers Association
- The BC Trappers Association is a non-profit organization which promotes sound, humane furbearer management through research, education and cooperation with other related organizations.
Catch It Wild
- Wildlife, nuisance animal, and bee removal. Includes services, photos, and contact details.
Ecology and Conservation of Illinois' Fur Resources
- Information on species, tracks, FAQ, conservation, glossary, and trivia. From the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
FireStorm Alaska Trap -n- Snare Division
- Learn from an Alaskan trapper how to build your own snares. Find out how easy and cheap it is to build your own snares for lynx, coyote, fox, beaver and otter.
Fur Commission USA
- A non-profit association representing over 600 fur farmers in the United States.
Fur Council of Canada
- National, non-profit federation representing people working in every sector of the Canadian fur trade. This includes fur producers, auction houses, processors, designers, craftspeople and retail furriers.
Fur Harvesters Auction Inc.
- Only trapper-owned auction house in North America, dealing in raw fur pelts on consignment. Includes sales information, market updates, conservation information, and links to other trapping organizations. North Bay, Ontario, Canada.
The Fur Institute of Canada
- Founded in 1983 to promote conservation, optimum development of fur resources, understanding of fur issues, and development of the most humane possible means of harvesting and husbanding furbearers. Includes newsletter, press releases, and information on humane trap research and development.
Fur Takers of America
- Includes information about trapping and furbearers, "The Fur Taker Journal" (monthly), their annual Rendezvous, and their Trapper's College and Furbearer Management Short Course.
- An organization dedicated to developing, promoting and supporting educational programs based upon scientific, technical, and legal study and analysis for the restoration, wise use, management and conservation of furbearers and other natural resources.
- Wild pig removal service offers information about hogs and how to build a trap, pictures, and a description of their methods.
Hunting and Trapping in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada
- The story of Halvor Ausland's career as a trapper on the Mudjatik River in northern Saskatchewan, Canada.
Iowa Trappers Association, Inc.
- Organization to promote and protect trapping. Includes news, officers, districts, and membership information.
KanOkla Fur Company
- KanOkla Fur Company is a licensed fur buyer, paying top dollar for wild furs.
Life in Southwest Virginia
- Personal site featuring hunting, fishing and trapping in southwest Virginia. Also includes other hobbies including reptiles and aviation.
- Personal site of a 16-year-old trapper in a small town in Maine.
Montana Trappers Association
- A non-profit organization of concerned and active conservationists who promote proper management of Montana's furbearers, develop proper predator control, maintain a positive public image and help perpetuate quality habitat.
National Trappers Association (North America)
- Organization promoting the responsible use of natural resources through conservation, education, legislation, and regulation. Includes political news and alerts, trapping regulations by state and province, convention, fur auction results, information on various furbearer species, and contact information. Also links to various forums, chat lines and newsgroups.
New Hampshire Trappers Association
- Advocacy of trapping as a wildlife and conservation management tool. Teaching history of trapping, ethics, and representing the NHTA's commitment to objectives which are environmentally and socially responsible.
North American Fur Auctions
- Largest auction house in North America, dealing in raw fur pelts on consignment. Includes sales information, market updates, industry information, and trapper publications.
- How to build and bait a rabbit trap.
- Combination of information and sales site. Trapping articles, discussion topics, message board, picture gallery, and links. Trapping lures, books, videos, traps, and other trapping equipment for sale.
Trapping Adventures of Gary "the Beav" Mather
- Personal site. Trapping adventures in Canada and the South.
- Editorial discussing why alternatives to beaver trapping are not the answer. From the Log Cabin Democrat Sports (6/19/97).
The Vermont Trappers Association (USA)
- Conservation, preservation, and education in support of fur trappers in Vermont.
West Virginia Traplines
- Trapping details and set descriptions for beaver, bobcat, fox and coyote trappers. Trapline photos and instructions from West Virginia trapper Tony Dingess.
- Informational fur trapping site featuring talk forums, articles, news and alerts, photo galleries, trap setting examples, tips and wild game recipes.
Wisconsin Trappers Association
- Non-profit organization dedicated to preserving our trapping heritage and promoting trapper education.
Usenet alt.animals.furtrapping -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2015 at 7:35:11 UTC -