become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fishing/River_Restoration
Science: Agriculture: Fisheries: Anadromous and Stream Fish
Science: Biology: Ecology: Restoration Ecology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ichthyology
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Rivers and Streams
Society: Issues: Environment
- Specialists in pond aeration, lake and pond management, services and supplies.
Aquatic Resources Education Association
- A professional association of national, state and territorial natural resource and fishery education managers, program coordinators and education specialists, university faculty and others involved or interested in the management and delivery of aquatic resources education programs.
Blackwater/Nottoway Riverkeeper Program
- Founded to protect the Blackwater and Nottoway rivers in Tidewater, VA from the harmful effects of pollution and to promote the natural ecological balance.
The Catawba River Foundation
- To promote an environmentally sound program for management, conservation, and preservation of the Catawba River.
- Coastal Conservation Association Texas seeks to conserve the marine resources of the Texas Gulf Coast through programs of education, legislation and law enforcement.
The Chest Creek Restoration Project
- Working to make the Chest Creek in Patton, PA a better place for fishing and recreation.
- Clearwater Hudson River Sloop conducts environmental education, advocacy programs and celebrations to protect the Hudson River, its tributaries and related bodies of water.
Coastal Conservation Association New York
- Seeks to promote, protect, and enhance the present and future availability of the coastal resources for the benefit and enjoyment of the general public.
Colorado Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
- Associated with Colorado State University.
- Fly fishing and stream restoration resources.
- Fifteen Things You can Do to Make a Difference in Your Watershed.
Idaho Rivers United
- Statewide, non-profit river conservation group devoted to the protection of Idaho's rivers, streams and riparian areas and the recovery of Idaho's wild salmon and steelhead.
- An engineering firm that specializes in investigations, design and restoration of aquatic ecosystems. Includes description of services, personnel, projects and news.
Jersey Coast Anglers Association
- Apart from the continuous involvement in fisheries management issues, the Association is also involved with projects that target a specific purpose.
Mid-Columbia Regional Fisheries Enhancement Group
- A non-profit dedicated to the enhancement, restoration and acquisition of salmon habitat.
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- A collaborative effort between the NFWF, BLM, the FS, BOR and Trout Unlimited to restore the health of riverine systems and their native species.
Native Fish Society
- Conservation, protection, preservation of Northwest native fishes.
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Protecting New York State's environment and managing natural resources.
- A report From The North Fork Pheasant Branch Watershed Committee.
The Potomac River Land Trust
- Dedicated to preserving the scenic and natural Potomac River.
River Ranger: Eyes and Ears of the River
- Information about South African program to "fix" streams, rivers and estuaries to generate sustainable work for disadvantaged communities through tourism.
- An environmental 'neighborhood watch' program, a citizen's patrol to protect the nation's waters.
Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority
- Has jurisdiction over 1,800 square miles (4,675 sq.km) in southern Ontario and look after the environmental concerns of the Saugeen, the Pine and the Penetangore river watersheds.
Spring Creek Aquatic Concepts
- Fishery biologists and consultants for lake and stream construction and management, also trout ponds, farm ponds.
- Achieving restoration goals with natural stream form, processes and function.
- Promotes watershed stewardship through public education, public access, citizen involvement and advocacy.
- Advocacy organization dedicated to preserving and protecting water from polluters. Has local groups throughout the United States and Canada.
Wildland Hydrology Consultants
- Goal is to offer a series of training courses designed to provide "hands-on" experience for those individuals working with rivers and their watersheds.
- Working to make the watershed healthy for fish and wildlife, and safe for fishing and swimming.
Wissahickon Valley Watershed Assoc.
- Offer programs including environmental education, land stewardship and open space preservation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 1, 2015 at 6:05:05 UTC -