become an editor
the entire directory
only in Medieval_and_Renaissance/Medieval
Medieval and Renaissance
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: Medieval and Renaissance: Medieval
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Medieval Art
Arts: Periods and Movements: Medieval
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: Europe: Medieval
Shopping: Clothing: Costumes: Historical: Medieval and Renaissance
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages
15th Century Female Flemish Dress
- Hope Greenberg provides images of women from paintings the 15th century by artists working primarily in the northwestern part of Europe. It is intended to show examples of the predominant trends in upper class clothing from the era.
- Topics include clothing from Medieval Scottish Highlands.
Burgundian Formal Dress
- Women's clothing in late-15th century Northern Europe, particularly Burgundy and Flanders. [PDF]
Buried with the Friars
- Discussion of archeological finds of 14th and 15th century clothing in North-East England (British Archaeology, no 53, June 2000)
The Byzantine World
- Information on the Byzantine period, including clothing
Chronology of Medieval Boys' Clothing Styles
- A general overview of aspects relating to the topic such as experiences of childhood, cultural influences and class issues. Contains links to more detailed discussions of some sections.
Clothing and Garb from Period Art Work
- Provides links to artwork appropriate to use as resources for garb recreation, specifically children's clothes and nursing gear
Clothing of Norman Women
- Discussion of 11th and 12th century female norman clothing styles, including images.
Dame Helen's Pennsic XXXI Classes
- Dame Helen's three classes from Pennsic. Cotehardies from Greenland Gowns, Houpelande Theory Class, and 14th century sewing and textile information.
Echna's 5th Century Irish-Celtic Re-Enactments
- Nobility garb of the period. Additional notes on crafts and re-enacting the lifestyle and culture of this time.
Footwear of the Middle Ages
- An ongoing examination of the history and development of footwear and shoemaking techniques through the Middle Ages to the end of the 16th century.
The Garb Index
- Lists descriptions of, and links to articles on, clothing worn in the past.
General Construction for Houppelandes
- Cynthia Thibault's basic layout of the easiest version of a houppelande.
History Pages Isle of Man - Dress
- Details of Period Manx dress
Italian Costuming Page
- Pictures and explanations of men's and women's garments.
La Cotte Simple
- Articles and instructions for making various garments.
Liz Jones Home Page
- Articles on making various Italian garments (Balzo, Farsetto).
Making the Irish Leine
- Meghan Paget gives full instructions on making a leine, accompanied by a discussion of the garment
Mathilde's Little Corner
- Photographs and patterns.
Medieval Clothing Pages
- A collection of articles and essays on medieval fashion, garments and accessories. Links to related history sites. Author: Cynthia Virtue.
Megge of Caerleon
- Several articles describing garb from the 14th and 15th centuries.
Melanie Schuessler's Period Costumes
- Research paper on 12th century garb, and some pictures of 15th century garb
Midgard Basic Clothing Standards
- Recommended Medieval Garb for Midgard's Public Events
The Needles Excellency
- Medieval/Elizabethan weblog focused on needlework and embroidery.
Ravensgard Costuming and Textiles Page
- Medieval and Renaissance research, textile weaving and dyes, accessories, jewelry, and supplies. Includes links collection.
- Sharon L. Krossa's articles and resources regarding clothing in pre-modern Scotland
The Shoulderless Cotehardie
- Instructions for altering a commercial dress pattern into a cotehardie
Sofya la Rus' Medieval Russian Life
- Patterns and information on medieval Russian garb.
Some Clothing of the Middle Ages
- Marc Carlson offers 'a cursory examination, for people interested in historical recreation and replication, of the extant archaeological and museum materials relating to clothing in the Middle Ages'.
The textile industry in Essex in the late 12th and 13th centuries
- A study on the history of textile production in Essex, based on occupational names in charter sources
Understanding Houpelande and Burgundian Clothing Construction
- Mistress Corisander's instructions for making 15th century Burgundian and Houppeland gowns. [PDF]
The Viking Answer Lady Webpage
- Authoritative details on Viking era garb
Viking Resources for the Re-enactor
- Several articles on subjects of interest to Viking Age re-enactors, by Carolyn Priest (Dora Sharptooth)
The Weeb Site
- Patterns, images, history, and links for men's and women's Medieval garb.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 15, 2013 5:45:09 AM EDT -