become an editor
the entire directory
only in Period/Ancient_World
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: Ancient World
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Ancient Art
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: Europe: Antiquity
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient
Clothing of Men and Boys
- Summary outline of clothing worn by Roman men and boys in the Roman Empire.
Clothing of Women and Girls
- Brief summary of clothing styles worn by women and girls during the Roman Empire.
- Classical Greek men's and women's garments described comprehensively in text and pictures, sourced from classical literature and visual artworks.
The History of Costume
- Text and illustrations from Braun and Schneider's 19th century book, The History of Costume. Color sketches of typical costumes throughout ancient history in Rome, Greece, Judea, and the Persian Empire.
Roman Clothing - Men
- Complete introduction to Roman men's clothing and status, the tunic, the toga, jewelry, and hairstyles, cleaning, and other clothing-related subjects.
Roman Clothing - Women
- Complete introduction to women's fashion and grooming in Ancient Rome (and Greece), including the peplos, chiton, stola, palla, jewelry, and hairstyles.
- Information on daily life in ancient Rome including food, time, and clothing for men and women. Also has a glossary of common Latin phrases.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2012 at 5:15:05 UTC -