become an editor
the entire directory
only in Period/19th_Century
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: 19th Century
Worth, Charles Frederick
Recreation: Living History: By Time Period: 19th Century
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century
Beyond The Fringe
- Shawls of Paisley design were in fashion for nearly 100 years, from 1790-1870.
Costume of the California Gold Rush 1849-1859
- Lengthy essay on the clothing of men, women, and children around Old West mining camps. Also touches on societal roles and ethnicity.
The Dance Card Museum
- Devoted to dance card accessories from 19th century Vienna. Online exhibition, information, and links.
Dressing the Victorian Lady from the 1850's
- Takes an illustrated look at the clothing of the 1850's, from undergarment to outer garment.
Jessamyn's Regency Costume Companion
- A collection of information, ideas, pattern tips and images for the Regency era.
The Natural Waist and Large Sleeves
- Discusses fashions in the period from 1825 to 1840.
Notes and Illustrations on Regency Clothing Styles
- Images, information, and links for women's Regency fashions. [Graphic intensive]
Union Army Uniforms and Insignia of the American Civil War 1861-1865
- Links and illustrated discussion with the text of the 1861 uniform regulations.
Victorian & Edwardian Photos
- Original Victorian and Edwardian photographs from the Costume Gallery's on-line library. [Graphics intensive]
- Contains resources for the reproduction and study of Victorian clothing. Images, pattern reviews, resource list, how-to's, and index of professional Victorian costumers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 9, 2012 at 6:15:06 UTC -