become an editor
the entire directory
only in Costumes/Period
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period
Medieval and Renaissance
Arts: Design: Fashion
Recreation: Living History: By Time Period
Society: History: By Time Period
Butterick Pattern History
- Article describing the founding of the scaled paper pattern company in 1863 and its evolution during the 20th century.
- Access over 3500 pictures that depict period costume, fabrics and fashion accessories: paintings, prints, fashion plates, and photographs of extant items.
Deliberately Concealed Garments Project
- The Textile Conservation Centre at the University of Southampton explores the folk tradition of concealing clothing in the fabric of buildings. Includes a database of garment finds in the United Kingdom.
- Pauline Weston Thomas and Guy Thomas place costume alongside the social history of an era, focusing on fashion from 1800. Includes undergarments, haute couture and British royal fashion.
Historical Costumes by Bjarne Drews
- Photographs of reproduction costumes, primarily from the Renaissance, Baroque, and Regency periods. Closeups of handmade lace and embroidery.
- Advice and critiques on historical costumes.
The Ladies Treasury of Costume and Fashion
- An ezine of 19th and 20th century costume and needlework resources, offering articles on period dress and related social history, plus free patterns based on original ladies' books and magazines.
Usenet alt.history.costuming -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, January 8, 2012 6:08:36 AM EST -