become an editor
the entire directory
only in Spanish_Colonial/Music_and_Dancing
By Historical Region
Music and Dancing
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: North America: Spanish Colonial: Music and Dancing
Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Music
The New World Baroque Orchestra
- Musica, maestro! The NWBO offers a program of historical music, song and dance of the colonial missions, presidios and outposts of Spanish-California and the frontier regions of New Spain. The music performed is carefully transcribed and edited from rare manuscripts and is performed on authentic replicas of original 18th century instruments.
- This professional educational organization performs, presents and teaches the songs of California, including early Native American, Mission and Mexican era music. There are sample music, and the album "They Came Singing" is the most appropriate for the period.
Californio Music Page
- Music was essential to the life of Old Californio society. This site contains RealAudio, MIDI and lyrics for Early Californio songs, including MP3 selections from the Lumis collection.
- Band researches and recreates Spanish-language secular music, including dances, of 18th and 19th century California using original transcriptions from primary sources. A project of San Diego Friends of Old Time Music, a non-profit educational corporation.
Los Californios, The Alta California Orchestra
- Playing traditional dance music and songs of the early California mission and gold rush era. They are based in northern Alta California and they recreate the Fandango, dance music of early California, and also an event to be celebrated. Musicians are costumed and play authentic antique instruments.
Los Californios Perform at Roots Festival
- La Prensa San Diego reviews the San Diego based music group Los Californios, who performed at the San Diego Roots Festival. (May 02, 2003)
Music and Dancing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:07:07 PM EDT -