become an editor
the entire directory
only in Spanish_Colonial/Locations
By Historical Region
Castillo De San Marcos National Monument
- Features information on accessibility, events, educational programs, management, news, history and culture.
- Located in Nipomo, California. Provides historical details, information about education, fundraisers, calendar of events, links to related sites, newsletter, and photos.
El Presidio de Santa Barbara State Historic Park
- Offers a description of the park, information on archaeology, research, educational program and news.
Fort Mose Historic Site
- Gracia Real de Santa Teresa de Mose, or Fort Mose, was the first legally sanctioned community of freed slaves in what is now the United States. Articles on the history of the Fort during the French and Indian and Revolutionary War.
La Purisima Mission
- La Purisima Mission State Historic Park contains the eleventh of twenty-one Spanish Missions established in Alta California. This site shows off through some picture tours (Java) the location and events of interest to Spanish Colonial reenactors, along with schedules of events.
La Purisima Mission section of Lompoc-CA.Com
- This site has some historical information and photos of the reconstructed mission. It also has pictures of the mission vieja, the original site of the mission, which are unique and difficult to find. A calendar of events for the mission is also present.
Mission San Luis Apalachee
- Contains materials from the early settlement and capital of La Florida from 1656 to 1704. It includes on-line collection of materials from the museum, and directions.
Mission San Luis de Apalachee Gallery
- This section of Exploring Florida contains photographs related to Florida's Mission San Luis de Apalachee, sorted into convenient categories. These collections show the richness of the environment for Living History. The Florida Legislature may approve reconstruction of the Presidio in 2005-2006.
Rancho de Las Golondrinas
- The Ranch of the Swallows, a Spanish Colonial living history museum in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Soldados (1820 or so) and Colonial civilians can be seen in the pictures.
San Diego Presidio Park & the Serra Museum
- The Serra Museum sits on Presidio Hill in San Diego, just slightly above the original location of the Presidio de San Diego. The park has some walls showing outlines of some of the Presidio buildings, while the museum showcases San Diego history from the Native American, Spanish, and Mexican periods through 1848. This site contains information on exhibits, location, admission, and hours, along with some articles and educational materials.
San Juan, Puerto Rico - National Historic Site
- The National Park Service maintains this historic site in Puerto Rico, which dates back to the Spanish Colonial era. The area looks as interesting as the Castillo San Marcos in San Augustin, FL.
San Pasqual Battlefield Site Location Project
- The San Pasqual Battlefield Site Location Project has several articles and several pages of pictures of past reeenactments of the battle, won during the Mexican War by the Californios against the US Dragoons.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 19:45:03 UTC -