become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/Spanish_Colonial
By Historical Region
Music and Dancing
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: North America: United States: Old West
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: South America
Shopping: Recreation: Living History
World: Español: Sociedad: Historia: Regional: América: América del Norte
Che-lo-han Freetrappers: Soldado de Cuera page
- This part of the Freetrappers website has quotes (unattributed) and a drawing of a Soldado de Cuera.
Los Soldados: Soldiers of the Royal Presidio of Santa Barbara
- This is the official home of Los Soldados, a reenactment group dedicated to portraying the Spanish Soldados de Cuera at the Presidio of Santa Barbara. Very , lots of information.
Original drawings of 1720 Soldados de Cuera
- The Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, NM has the Segasser Hide Paintings on display. This is the only place on the web where I've found any representations of these important 1720 drawings. Click on the thumbnail to bring up a bigger picture.
Presidio San Agustin de Tucson
- The Tucson Presidio Trust site is attempting to restore the Presidio to create a national historic and educational area. Includes pictures and an event calendar.
Soldados listserver on Yahoo! Groups
- This is a discussion listserv, with historians, reenactors and illustrators as members. There are also pictures and articles to download, as well as an event calendar.
Spanish Colonial Military Artifacts - History, Archaeology, Relics
- This site is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of ca. 1539-1821 Spanish colonial military artifacts from the former Spanish Floridas and Louisiana. Emphasis is on such uniform-related materials as buttons, buckles, and insignia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 7, 2015 at 6:24:04 UTC -