become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/Spanish_Colonial
By Historical Region
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: North America: Spanish Colonial
Music and Dancing
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: North America: United States: Old West
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: South America
Shopping: Recreation: Living History
World: Español: Sociedad: Historia: Regional: América: América del Norte
California Military Museum: Spanish & Mexican Period
- Contains links to articles and sites of interest to the Spanish Coloninal historical interpreter. Includes a collection of original paintings, drawings and photographs from Spanish Colonial to modern times.
Che-lo-han Freetrappers: Soldado de Cuera page
- This part of the Freetrappers website has quotes (unattributed) and a drawing of a Soldado de Cuera.
Hispanic America USA (1stBooks)
- Spanish Colonial Living History pages that contain fairly old information on organizations and events. Part of a collection of pages that discuss the contributions of Hispanics to the USA. Useful for old contact information, even with broken links and missing graphics.
Los Soldados: Soldiers of the Royal Presidio of Santa Barbara
- This is the official home of Los Soldados, a reenactment group dedicated to portraying the Spanish Soldados de Cuera at the Presidio of Santa Barbara. Very , lots of information.
Original drawings of 1720 Soldados de Cuera
- The Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, NM has the Segasser Hide Paintings on display. This is the only place on the web where I've found any representations of these important 1720 drawings. Click on the thumbnail to bring up a bigger picture.
Presidio San Agustin de Tucson
- The Tucson Presidio Trust site is attempting to restore the Presidio to create a national historic and educational area. Includes pictures and an event calendar.
Soldados listserver on Yahoo! Groups
- This is a discussion listserv, with historians, reenactors and illustrators as members. There are also pictures and articles to download, as well as an event calendar.
Spanish Colonial Military Artifacts - History, Archaeology, Relics
- This site is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of ca. 1539-1821 Spanish colonial military artifacts from the former Spanish Floridas and Louisiana. Emphasis is on such uniform-related materials as buttons, buckles, and insignia.
Wills of a Father and Son and A Contribution to the American Revolution
- This article, written by a descendiente (Virginia Sanchez) describes her research into the wills of New Mexican soldados around 1800. The equipment that is listed in the wills makes this very useful to the Spanish Colonial (Presidial) reenactor. In addition, there are links to books on the sidebar that also might be of interest to more general Spanish Colonial history. Unfortunately, there are broken links on this and other pages within larger 1stBooks site, including the link for Virginia's genealogy page
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:40:36 PM EST -