become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Viking_Age
By Historical Region
Open Directory - Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: Europe: Viking Age
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Medieval: Viking
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: Vikings
This category in other languages:
- Group which re-enacts the Viking and Anglo Saxon period in the Cambridgeshire area of England. Includes photos, description of combat, related links, and membership information.
Longship Company, Ltd.
- A nonprofit educational organization recreates the Viking maritime life with two Viking ships; events calendar, and member information. The organization owns and operates two reconstructions of Viking vessels.
Saga Vikings Reenactment Group
- Group reenacts the Viking era in northern Europe from the 8th through 11th centuries. Based in Brisbane, Australia.
Shields of the Shattered Isle
- Reenactment group recreates the military life of the Vikings, using the characteristic three foot shields; events schedule, contact information, based in the North of Ireland.
- A South London, UK-based group re-enacting a band of Anglo-Danish mercenaries in the service of King Æthelread of England around the turn of the first millennium. Part of "The Vikings" group. Historical background, events calendar.
- Society recreates an accurate portrayal of everyday and military Viking life in the Tenth Century, with some events between 790 to 1066 with appropriate modifications to dress and equipment, for reenactments, films, and educational programs. Events schedule, member information, and image gallery.
Viking Age Club
- Reenactors provide exhibits and demonstrations of life in the classical Viking Age. Historical references and events schedule. Based in Minnesota.
Viking Resources for the Re-enactor
- Historical and reenactment reference articles on the civil and military life of the classical Viking Age, including introductory information, culture, textiles, clothing, and cooking.
- Manchester, UK-based group re-enacting all aspects of Viking life. Articles on crafts including Saxon tent patterns and making fire with flint and steel. Photographs of events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:55:58 PM EST -