become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Antiquity
By Historical Region
Arts: Classical Studies
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Ancient Egypt
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Celtic
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Etruscan
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Hellenistic
Shopping: Recreation: Living History
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient
This category in other languages:
- Iron-Age Celtic re-enactment society. Based around Portsmouth and give public displays of combat and living history in the South of England and Wales. Activities, bibliography.
- This living history group has recreated an Iron Age farmstead in the Riverside Country Park, Gillingham, Kent, complete with crafts and plants. Photographs, information for school groups, Beltaine fire festival.
- A Tübingen, Germany-based group re-enacting a Celtic tribe of the Hallstat era (first to third centuries (B.C.E.)). Photos of re-enactments, schedule of events. (English, French, German)
- A Hungarian group which re-enacts Roman gladiatorial combats. Includes a history of gladiatorial games, description of the group, reenacting photographs and events. [Hungarian and English]
Ermine Street Guard
- Research into the Roman Army and the reconstruction of armour and equipment, primarily from the latter half of the first century A.D. Activities, newsletter, and photographs.
- Re-enactment of ancient Celtic warriors from the 1st century BC.
Matthew Amt's Greek Hoplite
- A re-enactor recreating the arms and armor of the hoplite (Greek infantryman) of the era of the Persian Wars (fifth century B.C.E.). Descriptions of arms and armor, bibliography, links and photographs.
- Roman history celebrated through research, reenactment, and active participation in both SCA and Dagorhir. Resources, reference materials, membership criteria, photographs, and schedule.
The Roman Hideout
- A links collection for Roman reenactment enthusiasts.
- A portal for the Roman re-enactor. An extensive directory including era-related links, discussion forums, and lists of groups.
- Tucson, Arizona-based organization of clubs for reenacting the classical Roman period; members information, historical references, message board, available roles.
Living History : Antiquity - Europe
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 7, 2013 at 6:15:06 UTC -