become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wordplay/Puns
Open Directory - Recreation: Humor: Wordplay: Puns
This category in other languages:
- Primarily a site with puns, punny cartoons, and a forum on puns. Also includes links, webrings and some wordplay. Accepts submissions.
- Material supplied by biology students.
- Also includes a punny chemistry test for the reader to fill in the blanks.
Chet Meek's Page of Puns
- Wide-ranging list of puns and wordplay, many of which are rhetorical in nature. Gladly accepts submissions from viewers.
- Dan Worona's contribution to losing weight and humor in general.
- A series of questions resulting in punny answers.
- Wordplay from a competition wherein competitors change one letter in a familiar non-English phrase and redefine it.
- Paradoxes in Shakespeare's play with annotated index.
- Wordplay on Dick Whittington's cat, psychics, Beethoven, and witch doctors.
- Designed perhaps best for the mathematician.
Once a Pun a Time
- Artistic punny drawings by Robert Paschell: "Graze Anatomy", "Mooed Ring", "Cafe Ole" and others.
Periodic Table Puns
- A test requiring using the imagination. Requests submissions. [PDF]
- Wordplay from physics students.
- Musically-oriented wordplay with modestly sexual overtones.
Pun of the Day
- Archive of puns in categories such as food, transportation, families, education, and work. Plus a one-liner pun every week day.
Puns for the ESL/EFL Classroom
- Designed to help teachers of English as a Second Language. Also covers misuse of English. Requests submissions.
- A searchable database of puns collected from the internet.
Shaggy Pun Test
- Involves taking a test about 100+ corruptions of phrases. Submissions are accepted.
- For those that appreciate the most unappreciated form of word-flay. Forums for letting the puns fly.
- Stories covering math, Norwegians and frogs, to name a few.
Web English Teacher
- Although designed primarily to be instructional, these puns can also be appreciated by all.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 5:15:06 UTC -