the entire directory
only in Humor/Wordplay
Open Directory - Recreation: Humor: Wordplay
Personalities and Commentaries
Arts: Education: Language Arts: Games
Games: Board Games: Words and Trivia: Scrabble: Tips and Word Lists
Recreation: Humor: Useless Pages: Language
Reference: Dictionaries: Acronyms
Shopping: Home and Garden: Kitchen and Dining: Gadgets: Magnets: Magnetic Word Kits
This category in other languages:
"Oh my God! There's an axe in my head."
- How to say this phrase in various languages.
- Humorous new words and phrases created to define various important and unimportant concepts.
A Collection of Word Oddities and Trivia
- Includes book of word records, palindromic words, pangrams, most beautiful and ugly words, Scrabble words, and Bible word trivia.
The Collective Noun Page
- Entertaining and annotated listing of collective nouns such as 'a murder of crows' and 'a pomposity of professors'.
- Offers collections of word play, insults, riddles and jokes.
Dave's Fun Words
- Categorized list of words which are fun to say.
Dislexicon Word Generator
- Contains Dislexicon, which generates new made-up words and definitions for them.
Divinest-Sense.com: Tom Swifties
- Definition of this style of play on words, a collection of original and previously-known examples, and links to other collections.
Faulkner or Machine Translation?
- A quiz to determine whether literary passages are the Faulkner originals or ones machine-translated from German into English.
Fun With Words
- Heteronyms, contronyms, eponyms, word/letter frequencies and other trivia.
- Dedicated to oddities of the English language plus various types of wordplay.
Funny Names Site
- Contains names like Justin Credible and Mandy Lifeboats.
- A collection of amusing, interesting, strange, and occasionally rude names from the phone book.
Gadzillion Things to Think About
- 10,000+ rhetorical questions. Accepts submissions.
LazrChet's Rhetorical Questions
- Questions designed to open one's mind, even if no answer is expected.
- Information and links on lipograms, works of fiction that omit a single letter.
Lost in Translation
- See what happens when an English phrase is translated by computer back and forth between 5 different languages. Confusion results.
The Mother of All Excuses Place
- Over 900 excuses to not go to work or school, police and accidents, breaking dates, doctor, missing church, diet, and taxes.
- Includes wordplay and oddities, mathematica, theologica, computica, scientifica, and other humour.
Piece of Pi MadLibs
- Site featuring a collection of madlibs.
- Collection of anagrams, pangrams, eponyms, heteronyms, contronyms, homophones and mangled English.
- Questions have answers with two rhyming words.
The Tate Family Members
- Plays on words using "Tate" as a last name.
- A collection of symbolic "smiley" messages.
- Unscramble, find, rhyme or define various words online.
Untruisms and One-Trick Words
- Phrases that are only used when they are untrue, and words that can only be used within a cliche'.
- A new word each day, plus the tools to enable you to use it.
Word Games Software
- Created specifically for Scrabble players, a downloadable English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows.
- Linguistic contortions, weird and wonderful words, plus quotations.
The Word Spy
- Explains new words and phrases with new entries added regularly, plus archives of previous entries.
- A repository of newfangled words with mangled or meandering meanings created by wordpeckers.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 4, 2013 at 6:45:06 UTC -