become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Physics
Open Directory - Recreation: Humor: Science: Physics
This category in other languages:
Doug Craigen's Huge Physics Humor Collection
- May be the most linked-to physics humor site on the web because of its very large link collection.
Physics and Science Fun
- Fun with physics, science jokes, cartoons, anecdotes, and stories.
Angels on a Pin
- The possibly true story of the many possible ways of determining the height of a building using only a barometer.
BBspot - Overclocker Creates Rift in Space-Time Continuum
- A rift in the space-time continuum was created when overclocker Jamie Aperman ran a 750 MHz Coppermine Pentium III at 1.6 GHz. It appears that the CPU was operating so fast that it began to execute instructions before they arrived.
- Stick a buttered piece of bread on the back of a cat, then throw the cat out a window. The result may surprise you.
Einstein, Heisenberg, Tipler
- A story of interviews between these men and God, intended to determine if they should enter Heaven.
Evil Squirrels and Physicists
- Squirrels are known to hate mankind. First they got the midgets, now they eat the physicists.
First Atomic Clock Wristwatch
- A HP 5071A Cesium Beam Primary Frequency Reference can in fact be used as a wrist watch. You have a choice of stainless steel or adjustable nylon band.
The Non Abelian Names of God
- A scientific paper parody which includes "The Theory Formerly Known as Strings","The Stages of a Theory" and a dictionary of common phrases.
The Physics Crackpot Index
- A fun site which outlines how you can tell if a new theory is really from a crackpot.
- Poems from the contests sponsored by the American Physical Society.
Physics Song Book
- New physics lyrics to classic tunes.
- Songs, and links to sites with more of them.
Politically Correct Physics
- Revised physics course descriptions.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's Particle Data Group welcomes you to see its Quark Dance website which is a gateway to many exciting physics websites.
SatireWire - Scientist Splits Atom, Finds Toy Prize Inside
- A Princeton physicist recently split an atom of hydrogen and found a toy prize inside, the journal Science reported in its June issue. [Contains fictitious information.]
- "Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity".
The Super G-String
- A parody of modern string theories written in the form of a research paper.
Super G-String Field Theory
- A sequel to the original paper on g-string theory.
- This document reproduces two classics of science parody/humor. The first applies the physics of thermodynamics to conclude that Heaven is hotter than Hell. The second is a response which combines Biblical evidence with thermodynamics to argue that, while heaven is devilishly hot, hell is hotter still.
BBspot - Half-Life 2 Physics Engine Contains Grand Unified Theory
- Physicists at Cornel-Putnam University (CPU) confirmed yesterday the Holy Grail of Physics, the Grand Unified Theory, is contained in the Half-Life 2 source code. (December 01, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 6:15:03 UTC -