become an editor
the entire directory
only in Computer/Programming
C and C++
The Algorithm of an Average Taxpayer's Life
- A structured biography in 483 pseudo-coded subroutines, as logical outcome of random events and processes during lifetime.
Computer Programming Humor
- Jokes, oneliners, and prank definitions.
- Collection of stupid chunks of C source code and reports of encounters with less-than-bright apprentice programmers.
The Daily WTF
- Offers daily posts of user-submitted examples of bad code and software design.
Epigrams in Programming
- List of 120 programming-related aphorisms.
The Evolution of a Programmer
- Programming style and how it evolves as programmers mature from junior high students to senior managers.
Fifty Ways to Hose Your Code
- A song kind of by Paul Simon.
- Collection of programming humor and computer folklore classics.
Holger's Humor Page
- Why is C++ programming like teenage sex? What's the difference between a software developer and a drug dealer? When will operator overloading be added to Java? This page has the answers.
How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot
- Showcases how to shoot yourself in the foot using several programming languages.
- Programmer slang dictionary, containing more than 2000 not-quite-serious definitions and a number of programmer folklore anecdotes. Hosted by Eric S. Raymond.
Laugh Along with GNU
- Designed to provide some laughs to the working hackers - large collection of GNU/programming humor.
Programming Languages are Like Women
- Mildly sexist metaphorical languages lineup.
Real Programmers Don't Use Pascal
- Classic Datamation article by Ed Post.
Reflections on Trusting Trust
- An ACM classic: UNIX coinventor Ken Thompson reports on how he hacked his own C compiler.
The Retrocomputing Museum
- Eric S. Raymond's list of outdated, obscure, or deliberately unusable programming languages, compilers, and interpreters.
Softpanorama Humor Archive
- Open-source related humor, dissing (among others) Linus Torvalds, RMS, ESR, vi, and Perl.
- Quotations from various programmers about programming. Includes a quotes search, newsletter, and index of quotes by person quoted.
The Tao Of Programming
- Koan-style advice to apprentice programmers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 10:15:04 UTC -