become an editor
the entire directory
only in Food/Wild_Foods
Business: Food and Related Products: Produce: Mushrooms and Wild Foods
Home: Cooking: World Cuisines: North American: Native American
Recreation: Outdoors: Survival and Primitive Technology
Science: Biology: Botany: Ethnobotany
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
This category in other languages:
- North Carolina State University horticulture information leaflet. Provides information on growing and harvesting, as well as a table with common names, scientific names, flavors, colors, and comments.
Facts on Edible Wild Greens in Maine
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension bulletin with descriptions of and recipes for dandelions, fiddleheads, yellow rocket, lamb's-quarters, orache, and purslane.
Facts on Fiddleheads
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension bulletin with picture, description, recipes, safety notices, and information on cooking and pickling the young coiled fern leaves.
The Forager's Virtual Wild Food Field Guide
- A guide for helping find, identify, and use several edible wild mushrooms and plants of the northeastern US.
Foraging and wild food courses
- Information about foraging and wild food in the UK.
- Description and information on Laurus nobilis.
- Instructions on digging, cleaning and cooking razor clams along the west coast of the USA. Includes photographs.
- General information about Crithmum maritimum or sea fennel.
- Information and description on Sassafras officinale.
School of Self-Reliance's Wild Food Foraging Page
- Informational pages on some common North American flora including carob, dandelion, epazote, lambsquarter, mallow, miners lettuce, mustard, nasturtium, prickly pear cactus and sowthistle.
Seattle Times: The Geoduck Chronicles
- How an obscure bivalve became the object of international desire. Humorous article about this soft-shelled clam. [Free Registration Required]
University of Kentucky Entomology for Kids: Bugfood!
- Lesson plans and information on the nutritive use of insects, intentional and unintentional. Includes suggested reading list and bibliography.
Use of Insects by Australian Aborigines
- Article from Cultural Entomology Digest 1. Includes information on types used for food, as well as their place in mythology and art.
Wild Food Adventures
- Institute for the Study of Edible Wild Plants and Other Foragables. Provides expertise in wild edible plants .
Wild Food Plants
- A blog for information and resources for wild food plants worldwide.
Wild Food Summit
- A resource for summits that provides hands-on experience to identify, harvest and prepare wild foods.
- Information on gathering and cooking mushrooms, fiddleheads, ramps, and leaks. Calendar of seasonal availability, recipes and tips.
Wilderness Survival: Edible Plants
- Describes the identification and preparation of flora for consumption. Includes diagrams, the Universal Edibility Test, and lists of edible varieties.
You Can Become a Hardcore Forager
- Article from Backwoods Home Magazine, issue 47. Includes information on tools needed, safety, preparation, as well as details on some plants, frogs, turtles and fish.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 30, 2015 at 5:35:03 UTC -