become an editor
the entire directory
only in Food/Events
Fish and Seafood
Recreation: Food: Contests
This category in other languages:
Alnwick Food Festival
- Celebration of Northumbrian produce, drink and healthy eating in Alnwick, England, home of Harry Potter's Hogwart's Castle. Held in late September.
Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off
- Takes place in Sparks, Nevada and features competitors vying for the title of Best in the West. Held in early September. Provides entertainment schedule, general information and press releases.
Boston Vegetarian Food Festival
- Sponsored by the Boston Vegetarian Society, featuring free tastings, guest speakers, and exhibitors. Held in October in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Held the first full weekend of August in Sheboygan, Wisconsin and includes live music and a bratwurst eating contest.
California's Artisan Cheese Festival
- A Sonoma county four-day celebration of the continuing evolution in artisan cheesemaking held during March in Petaluma.
- Focuses on the Southern tradition of fried pig intestines, also known as chitlins or chitterlings. Activities include a parade, hog-calling contest, a beauty pageant, and carnival rides. Held annually in Salley, South Carolina, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival
- Includes menu and schedule of events. Four-day event held in January in Fellsmere, Florida.
Giant Omelette Celebration
- French cultural exchange program which includes the cooking of a 5,000 egg omelette. Celebration includes an art and craft show, antique car show, tour of homes, Cajun bands, food and dancing. Occurs in November in Abbeville, Louisiana.
- Home of the World Porridge Making Championship, held each year on a Sunday in September at the Carrbridge Village Hall, Inverness-shire, Scotland. Winner receives a trophy and cash awards.
Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival
- Features cooking contests, eating competitions, a parade, entertainment, and demonstrations. Held the first weekend in June, in Little Chute, Wisconsin.
International Rice Festival
- Events include rice eating, cooking, and grading contests. Site provides history, ticket and event information, and photographs from past events. Occurs in October in Crowley, Louisiana.
Kona Coffee Cultural Festival
- Features Hawaiian coffee culture and heritage. Includes the Miss Kona Coffee scholarship pageant, parades, coffee tastings, coffee picking contest, and arts and crafts. Held annually since 1970 in November on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Louisiana Pecan Festival
- Celebrates the native nut and the farmers who grow it. Events include a Queen and Teen Queen contest. Held on the first full weekend of November each year in Colfax, Louisiana.
Morel Mushroom Festival
- Mushroom hunting championship, carnival, craft show, and morel related events. Held in Boyne City, Michigan in May.
The Mushroom Festival
- A two day event in September, held in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Information for vendors, details of: farm tours, cooking demonstrations, art and car shows.
National Buffalo Wing Festival
- Held in Buffalo, New York on Labor Day weekend. Features some of the best Buffalo wing restaurants, live music, and a chicken wing eating contest.
National Peanut Festival
- Dothan, Alabama. Contests with schedules, pageants and queens, map, vendor information, and image gallery.
Oakdale Chocolate Festival
- Features arts and crafts, games, competitions, entertainment, and activities for children. Held on the third weekend of May in Oakdale, California.
Oxnard Salsa Festival
- Held in July in Oxnard, California. Includes a salsa challenge and tasting tent. Lists events, sponsors and driving directions.
- Celebrates the Eastern European food, with annual festival in late July. Information about parking, sponsors, parade and contests. Held in Whiting Indiana, USA.
Singapore Food Festival
- Annual month-long held in July each year. Schedules, prices, contests, and press releases.
Sunderland Maple Syrup Festival
- Features bush tours, pancake eating contests, historical bus tours, street vendors and arts and crafts. Held in Spring in Sunderland, Ontario, Canada.
- Yearly vegetarian festival in summer at different locations in the Chicago, Illinois, USA area. Includes schedule and vendor list.
Virginia Pork Festival
- One day event in early June promotes the pork industry and raises fund for local non-profit organizations. Serves over 20 tons of pork each year. Includes menu, featured musicians, and ticket sales. Held in Emporia, Virginia, USA.
West Virginia Black Walnut Festival
- History of the celebration, schedule of events, location and contact information. Includes parade, bake-off, nut contest and 4-H exhibits. Occurs mid-October in Spencer, West Virginia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 17, 2016 at 18:12:01 UTC -