become an editor
the entire directory
only in Food/Events
Open Directory - Recreation: Food: Events
Fish and Seafood
Recreation: Food: Contests
This category in other languages:
Alnwick Food Festival
- Celebration of Northumbrian produce, drink and healthy eating in Alnwick, England, home of Harry Potter's Hogwart's Castle. Held in late September.
Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off
- Takes place in Sparks, Nevada and features competitors vying for the title of Best in the West. Held in early September. Provides entertainment schedule, general information and press releases.
Big Pig Jig
- Includes a hog calling contest and a pork barbecue competition with three categories. Site provides schedule of events, entry forms, and lists nearby lodging. Held early October in Vienna, Georgia.
Boston Vegetarian Food Festival
- Sponsored by the Boston Vegetarian Society, featuring free tastings, guest speakers, and exhibitors. Held in October in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Annual spring event held near Snook, Texas. Cookoff and live music. Site has directions, photo album, merchandise, ticket and alcohol details, and parking arrangements.
Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival
- Includes menu and schedule of events. Four-day event held in January in Fellsmere, Florida.
Giant Omelette Celebration
- French cultural exchange program which includes the cooking of a 5,000 egg omelette. Celebration includes an art and craft show, antique car show, tour of homes, Cajun bands, food and dancing. Occurs in November in Abbeville, Louisiana.
- Home of the World Porridge Making Championship, held each year on a Sunday in September at the Carrbridge Village Hall, Inverness-shire, Scotland. Winner receives a trophy and cash awards.
Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival
- Features cooking contests, eating competitions, a parade, entertainment, and demonstrations. Held the first weekend in June, in Little Chute, Wisconsin.
International Rice Festival
- Events include rice eating, cooking, and grading contests. Site provides history, ticket and event information, and photographs from past events. Occurs in October in Crowley, Louisiana.
Kona Coffee Cultural Festival
- Features Hawaiian coffee culture and heritage. Includes the Miss Kona Coffee scholarship pageant, parades, coffee tastings, coffee picking contest, and arts and crafts. Held annually since 1970 in November on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Matzo Ball Eating Contest
- Located in New York, United States. Contains prize details, rules, registration details, a schedule of contests, press releases, and past winners.
Morel Mushroom Festival
- Mushroom hunting championship, carnival, craft show, and morel related events. Held in Boyne City, Michigan in May.
National Buffalo Wing Festival
- Held in Buffalo, New York on Labor Day weekend. Features some of the best Buffalo wing restaurants, live music, and a chicken wing eating contest.
National Peanut Festival
- Dothan, Alabama. Contests with schedules, pageants and queens, map, vendor information, and image gallery.
New England Chili Festival
- Annual chili, cornbread, beer, and dessert cookoff held in New Sharon, Maine. Includes photos, event information, and rules.
Oxnard Salsa Festival
- Held in July in Oxnard, California. Includes a salsa challenge and tasting tent. Lists events, sponsors and driving directions.
- Celebrates the Eastern European food, with annual festival in late July. Information about parking, sponsors, parade and contests. Held in Whiting Indiana, USA.
Rosendale International Pickle Festival
- Events include a pickle toss and pickle juice drinking contest. Information, directions, vendor sign-up, and photos and articles from past events. Held in November, in Rosendale, New York.
Sunderland Maple Syrup Festival
- Features bush tours, pancake eating contests, historical bus tours, street vendors and arts and crafts. Held in Spring in Sunderland, Ontario, Canada.
Virginia Pork Festival
- One day event in early June promotes the pork industry and raises fund for local non-profit organizations. Serves over 20 tons of pork each year. Includes menu, featured musicians, and ticket sales. Held in Emporia, Virginia, USA.
West Virginia Black Walnut Festival
- History of the celebration, schedule of events, location and contact information. Includes parade, bake-off, nut contest and 4-H exhibits. Occurs mid-October in Spencer, West Virginia.
The Whole Enchilada Fiesta
- Las Cruces, New Mexico. Late summer annual event with a cooking contest, car and motorcycle show, parade, live entertainment, and a 5K fun run.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:34:03 PM EST -