become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wine/Portugal
Open Directory - Recreation: Food: Drink: Wine: Portugal
Guides and Directories
Regional: Europe: Portugal
Regional: Europe: Portugal: Districts: Vila Real
Shopping: Food: Beverages: Wine
Adriano Ramos Pinto, S.A.
- Produces Ports, dry reds, and brandy. Contains descriptions of the products, the vineyards, their museums, and the company. [Flash Required]
- Produces red, white, sparkling, and fortified wines. Includes product descriptions and directions to the winery. Additional information is available in Portuguese.
- Pictures and descriptions of the available vintages of reds, whites, rosés, sparklings and ports.
- Port wine producer located near Pinhão. Includes a company history, product descriptions, pictures, and an award list.
CARM - Casa Agrícola Roboredo Madeira, Lda.
- Produces a range of wines from organic grapes in the Douro region. Includes product information and a company overview. Also produces estate olive oils. [Flash required]
Casa da Ínsua
- Dão producer of reds and a white. Includes descriptions and pictures of the manor and its gardens. Also contains product information and a property history. [Flash required]
Casa do Valle
- Describing the red, white and rosé wines of José Ferrão.
- Tasting comments on the vintage port, the LBV, crusted, tawny, and white ports.
Cortes de Cima
- Located in the Alentejo region in southeast Portugal. Harvest report and ordering information.
- Port house founded in 1678. Presents its history, products, vineyards, how port is made, the types of port, and a glossary. [Flash required]
- With a description of the white, tawny and red ports of this house founded in 1859.
- Information about the Delaforces, an old family of Huguenot origin, their company and their ports.
- Founded in 1798, and 100% family-owned. One of the great names in Port.
Dão Sul - Sociedade Vitivinicola, S.A.
- One of the new wine producers that have been revitalising the Dão region. Specializes in Quinta.
- One of the most famous Port houses. Site is also available in French and Portuguese.
- Universally acknowledged to be a leader in the field of Vintage Port.
The House of Sandeman
- Specializing in Port and Sherry for more than two hundred years.
J. H. Andresen
- Animated guide to the products and cellars of the port house founded by Jann Hinrich Andresen.
José Maria da Fonseca
- One of the oldest producers of Portuguese table wines and Setubal dessert wines. Markets under several other brand names, including Lancer's.
Manoel D. Poças Júnior
- One of the few remaining estates still owned by a Portuguese family. Has information on the Porto Poças 2000 vintage.
- Featuring a map of the estates and lodges owned by Martinez-Cockburn's.
- History, the four brands, the grapes and export markets of Quinta do Côtto.
- Describes Niepoort's distinctive garrafeira, as well as other port types.
- The main Port shippers each contributed 750kg to this unique blend; with lists of participants and sponsors.
Ouinta de Santa Eufémia
- The estate's history, and its LBV and tawny ports.
- Founded in 1913, this producer specializes in old tawnies, also producing Douro table wines and brandy. Includes product descriptions, a company history, and vineyard information.
- Promoting their ruby and tawny reserves.
Quinta de la Rosa
- Small family-owned vineyard producing Ports, wines and olive oils. Also offers accommodations on the estate
Quinta de Lemos
- Producer in the Dão region, whose first harvest was in 2000. Includes descriptions of grape varieties, a regional history, and a view of the vineyards. [Flash required]
Quinta de Roriz
- Makers of Port and Douro table wines. Contains information about products, vineyards, history, and distributors.
Quinta do Noval
- Douro based, renowned producer of vintage Port, particularly its Nacional. Site offers information on the vineyards, the winemaking technique and the wines.
Quinta do Portal
- A family-run winemaking company based in the Douro Valley in northern Portugal. Information on its white and red wines as well as a range of Ports.
Quinta do Tedo - Porto Wines
- 18th Century, Single Quinta Porto winery producing vintage ports since 1995.
Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port
- Symington-owned vineyard producing single-quinta ports since 1989.
Real Companhia Velha
- Producers of Port and the largest owner of the premium land in the Douro Valley.
- Includes a profile of this Port producer, along with descriptions of wines, a list of distributors, and a few recipes.
Smith Woodhouse Port
- Founded in 1784, Smith Woodhouse has consistently been judged as one of the finest of all Vintage Port producers.
Sociedade Agrícola e Comercial dos Vinhos Messias
- Describes, with some technical information, the products including the Messias port.
- Produces table and fortified wines, under numerous brand names, including Mateus, Offley, and Sandeman. Includes a company profile, along with information about the vineyards and brands. [Flash required]
Symington Port and Madeira Shippers
- Owns Warre, Dow, Graham, Smith Woodhouse, Gould Campbell, Quinta do Vesuvio and the Madeira Wine Company.
Taylor, Fladgate and Yeatman
- One of the oldest and most famous Port houses. Site also available in French and Portuguese.
- Wines from Quinta da Vista Alegre's vineyards of the Douro Valley.
Wiese and Krohn
- Includes a list of declarations of Krohn vintage port since 1957.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2013 at 9:29:06 UTC -