become an editor
the entire directory
only in Collecting/Out_of_the_Ordinary
Out of the Ordinary
Air Sickness Bags
This category in other languages:
Antique Mouse and Rat Traps
- Photographs and information about collecting, and researching them as a hobby.
Antique X-Ray Tubes and Accessories
- A large collection of antique X-ray tubes and accessories, with images and information.
- Collection of more than 130 Backscratchers.
Bakelite and Plastic Museum
- Bakelite kitchen and homeware, radios, clocks, jewelry, and cameras. Each item has a description. Includes images, books, links.
- The history of brick making especially in the Hudson River, NY area; includes information on identification of Hudson Valley and New England brick.
Bryan's Rubber Band Ball
- Pictures, statistics and guest book.
Business Card Collecting
- Business card collecting facts, fun, and information. Links to business card collectors and traders around the world.
Cabin Safety Cards
- A list of safety cards collected from airliners around the world.
Celebrating the Tidyman logo
- The Tidyman is the icon found on product packaging which encourages people to dispose of the packaging after use. Increasingly, graphic designers are using creative variations of the standard logo on packaging. This site is a collection of these logos.
Cliff Muskiet's Stewardess Uniform Collection
- Thumbnailed photograph galleries of uniforms worn by airline staff.
- A collection of coach built prams or baby carriages and their restoration. Lots of images and descriptions.
Collecting Crest & Monogram Albums
- A personal site exploring and presenting research findings on the forgotten pastime of crest and monogram albums. Presented by Edward J Law.
- Source for information on space history, space artifacts, and space memorabilia. Learn where astronauts will appear, browse collecting guides, and read original space history-related daily reports.
Covers To Discover
- A picture collection about manhole covers. Accepts submissions. [English and French].
The Daily Newspaper Collection
- Individual collecting front pages of daily newspapers. The site contains the catalogue.
- Encouraging people to look down and check out the metal work at foot-level. Pictures and frequently asked questions. Accepts submitted photographs.
Fish Posters of the World
- Photos, links and other information on all sorts of fish posters.
- History of flashlights and images of flashlights with information.
- Online museum of antique, classic and new flashlights.
Frogs Collectors' Corner
- Around 100 frogs, from all around the world, with images.
The Gamewell Diaphone Web Site
- A collector of information and devices showcases the distinctive public warning horns. Information, images and history are featured.
- An introduction to UK gin traps, including descriptions of variations and their uses.
Global Lottery Collector's Society
- Lottery collecting enthusiasts who study and collect lottery tickets from around the world.
Google Logos Collection
- Official and unofficial Google logotypes collection.
- A collectors guide to vintage handcuffs, featuring a gallery of handcuffs and related restraints as well as feature articles on handcuff collecting, Houdini and his fellow escape artists of the past.
- A brief biography on Leo Hendrik Baekeland with pictures of bakelite as well as links.
Land of Noz
- All about collecting antique garden hose nozzles.
- A California and Federal Non-Profit Corporation Dedicated to the preservation of the Maytag History and restoration of their products.
Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
- Site contains two on-line vintage bicycle databases and 6 Discussion Areas with topics on vintage bicycle pricing, dating and restoration.
The Mike Parks Bobblehead Page.
- Collection of Mike Parks bobblehead images from all over the world and users post their photos here. There is also information on acquiring the bobblehead.
- This site contains images of an bandaid collection and a listing of the people that have made contributions to it.
- A pictorial guide to date and pole nails. Collecting date nails is considered to be closely related to insulator collecting.
Old Organizers Collection
- Collection of monochrome organizers, text and graphic PDA's, older brothers of nowadays multimedia hand held devices.
- Information about lava lamps including history and profile of the inventor, formulas for making your own lamps, a vintage lamp photo gallery, and link to message forum.
- Collection of paper watermarks, with images and information about watermarks, and links to related resources. English and Español.
- Provides information on starting a rubberband ball and has images of ongoing projects.
- A collection which includes a complete alphabetical listing, images and a trade list. Site in German and English.
- Sand collecting site. Offers to exchange samples of sand. Site is in Italian and English.
- British information for collectors of ladies scarves. Includes photographs.
Scratch Ticket Collecting
- Scotttie's Australian Lotology page.
The Sergei Rubber Band Ball Project
- Project owner is trying to build a very large rubber band ball named Sergei. Information on donating rubber bands, and Sergei's statistics.
The Sneaker Net
- Collection of over 150 sneakers (most of them Nike) - pictures.
Snowmen Collection Cornelius Graetz
- All about the history of the snowman and the personal collection of Cornelius Graetz.
- A free informational forum for collectors of solid perfume compacts. Includes a message board, searchable photo database and buying and selling area.
- Collectors guide to straitjackets. A guide for Houdini fans everywhere.
- Pictures, links, and sources related to straitjackets.
Swingline Owner's Group
- Stapler collections.
- A collection of talking clocks. The site contains: photo galleries, some history of clocks that talk and interesting links about time.
Tissue Box Cover Collection
- A collection of unusual tissue box covers.
- Dedicated to a family's collection of miscellaneous junk that is found on streets and sidewalks.
Vintage Ceiling Fans
- A collectors site about vintage ceiling fans, with images, descriptions and links.
- A collection of waistcoats and three-piece suits, including images and a place for other collectors to meet.
- Online Museum, dedicated to presenting and researching whistles and antique whistles devided by categories as : by function, by shape, by material, by manufacturers, by period and by region.
Yossie's Handcuff Collection
- A personal collection of Handcuffs, Leg Irons, and other institutional and historical restraint devices. Includes resource links page, patent papers, function animations, and books.
Out of the Ordinary
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2014 at 5:45:03 UTC -