become an editor
the entire directory
only in Swords/Japanese
Open Directory - Recreation: Collecting: Militaria: Edged Weapons: Swords: Japanese
Smiths and Polishing
Arts: Crafts: Metal Craft: Blacksmithing: Armor
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Militaria: Swords
Shopping: Sports: Martial Arts: Japanese Sword Arts
Sports: Martial Arts: Weaponry: Japanese: Kendo and Iaido
Japanese Sword Index
- Collecting information relating to Japanese swords (Nihonto), including sword history, identification, care, glossaries, swordsmith profiles and translation aids for kanji inscriptions, a discussion forum, and links.
- Site for helping identify Chinese characters used on Japanese swords and fittings.
Bugei Sword Discussion Forum
- Public forum with section on sword appreciation, forging, use in sports, sword philosophy, samurai culture and tameshigiri.
Information on Tsuba
- Collection of articles specializing in sword hand guards (Tsuba), with bibliography, questions and answers, glossary and links.
Japanese Military Reference
- Provides information on WWII Japanese military swords.
Japanese Samurai Swords
- Collector seeks to assist owners of Samurai Swords to establish a fair value and terms to satisfy all.
Japanese Sword Book Museum
- A listing of hard to find books on Japanese swords and fittings, with pictures of covers.
Japanese Sword Society of the United States
- A society concerned with the study and preservation of Japanese swords (nihonto).
Japanese Swords Arms and Armor Home
- Sales and information regarding antique Japanese swords.
New York Sword Club
- New York Token Kai, includes information on joining the club, meetings and newsletters.
Nihonto Message Board
- Discussion board for antique Japanese swords and additional information pages on authenticity, kanji and related subjects.
- Includes both swords and fittings for sale, articles on swords photography, a screensaver and other useful links.
Nihonto.com Japanese Sword Website
- Sword glossary, schools, events, equipment and supplies.
- Information on Japanese "big, thick" swords, with a photo gallery.
Northern California Japanese Sword Club
- A non-profit organization for the study and preservation of Japanese swords, related items and arts. Meetings are held in San Francisco's Japan Town.
Satcho Japanese Sword Books
- Specialists in books related to the study and appreciation of the Japanese sword as art. Both in-print and out-of-print tiles on swords, armor, and fittings.
- Site on Japanese history, historical figures and accounts, women's histories, Japanese swords and appraisal, investment strategy and antique sword sales. Acrobat reader required to view much of site.
Showa Swordsmith Oshigata Database
- Approximately 300 oshigata of Showa Era Japanese swords with translations.
The Story of the Japanese Sword
- Demonstrates the process and techniques used to make Japanese swords.
Sword Forum International
- Site relating to all areas of sword collecting and usage including articles and an active discussion forums.
The Token Society of Great Britain
- An organisation in existence for over 30 years dedicated to the study and preservation of Japanese swords, fittings and armour.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:24:05 PM EDT -