become an editor
the entire directory
only in Coins/Ancient
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Artifacts
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Coins: Ancient Coins
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient
Aeqvitas Ancient Coins
- Pictures of Roman, Greek and other ancient world coins.
American Numismatic Society
- List of images of ancient coins with descriptions and references to the standard literature.
Ancient Coin Collectors Guild
- A non-profit organization committed to promoting the free and independent collecting of coins from antiquity. The goal of this guild is to insure collectors can legally acquire and hold any numismatic item of historical interest regardless of date or place of origin.
- An educational site by Dr. Tom Buggey. Coins of Rome, Greece, and other cultures are featured along with many resources for attributing. Maps of ancient Greece and Rome, mints, essays, and other illustrations are featured.
Ancient Roman Coin
- Identify your ancient Roman Republic coins and your ancient Roman Imperial coins by Emperor, history period, metal or type of coin.
Asia Minor Coins
- An online index of ancient Greek and Roman coins from Asia Minor.
Bearers of Meaning
- The Ottilia Buerger Collection of Ancient and Byzantine Coins at the Wriston Art Center Galleries, Lawrence University. Includes, history, images and a glossary.
- On-line collection of ancient and world coins, specializing in animal and architecture topics.
Brad's Introduction to Ancient Coins
- An introduction to ancient coins for those who know little about this area of coin collecting.
- Find useful information about ancient history, the ancient coin market, and societies.
Cilician Armenian Coins
- A collection of coins struck by the Kingdom of Cilician Armenia
- An searchable archive of ancient coins featured in major numismatic auctions. Includes text, images, and prices realized from many auction catalogs.
Coins of Ancient Miletos
- An introduction to the bronze, silver, and electrum coins of the ancient Greek city of Miletos (Miletus) in Ionia.
Coins of Moldavia and Wallachia
- A survey into some private collections and a database of Romanian medieval coins in net auctions. Images and information. [English and Romanian]
David R. Sear
- Dedicated to ancient numismatics - Greek, Roman and Byzantine. Browse through books on ancient coins, read about the Ancient Coin Certification Service, and read ancient numismatic and historic articles at the Academy.
Digital Historia Numorum Project
- Greek and Roman Provincial coin reference. Historical and numismatic information.
Examples of Fakes
- Provides photographs and descriptions of fake coins offered for online sale.
Fitzwilliam Museum: Coins and Medals
- Interesting exhibitions covering Roman and other ancient coins.
- Coins of ancient, medieval and Islamic India with a little history.
- Unpublished, rare, unusual, or unattributed ancient coins with images.
- This is a collaborative numismatics project. It is a wiki format site with over 4,400 Pages of classical numismatics reference material.
The Paroian Collection
- The site contains specimens and details of coins which were issued during the period of the Cilician Armenia Kingdom.
- Multidiscipline site about science with good information about cleaning ancient coins.
St Andrews Database Index of Coins
- The electronic index of the Sylloge of Coins of the British Isles, a series published for the British Academy by the Oxford University Press 1958-.
A Survey of Ancient Coins
- A helter skelter listing of a collection of interesting, educational and in some cases nearly unique coins, where nothing is for sale.
- Archive with search function that lists Roman coins by Emperor or by Sear number, Greek coins by Sears number or city and Byzantine coins by Sears number and Ruler.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2016 at 6:24:04 UTC -