the entire directory
only in Camps/Special_Needs
Open Directory - Recreation: Camps: Special Needs
ADD and ADHD
Deaf and Hearing Impaired
Lions Club Camps
Kids and Teens: Sports and Hobbies: Summer Camps: Special Needs
- Christian camps and retreats in British Columbia for adults who have mental handicaps and for children with physical or mental handicaps.
Brigadoon Children's Camp
- Not-for-profit group raising funds to build a year-round facility on Aylesford Lake in Nova Scotia, Canada for residential camps for children living with a chronic illness.
- Private, non-profit, residential summer camp for individuals with physical and/or developmental disabilities. Located in Bedford, New Hampshire. Schedule, activities, photos, and application forms.
Camp Atlantic, The Beach Camp
- Private, residential summer camp in Bethany Beach, Delaware for children, teenagers, and adults with mental and physical disabilities. Includes programs, goals, fees, registration, and photographs.
- Provides weekend camping trips and day trips for children and adults with special needs. Includes programs, staff, schedule, activities, and applications.
- Overnight camps and respite weekend programs, in Whitehouse, Ohio, for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Activities, forms, facilities, location, and schedule.
Camp Courageous of Iowa
- Year-round recreational and respite care camp in Monticello, Iowa for individuals of all ages with disabilities. History, facilities, activities, events, and staff.
- Camping and outreach program, in Willow River, Minnesota and Malibu, California, for children ages 7 to 17 who are living in the shadow of HIV or AIDS. Includes FAQs, activities, services, and photo album.
- Free summer camp programs, in California, Colorado and Nebraska, for youth ages 7 to 18 and their families, who are infected with or affected by HIV and AIDS. Includes sample schedule, dates, and applications.
- Summer camp, year round respite and vacation programs in Oakhurst, New Jersey for children and adults with physical disabilities. Includes general information, services, and schedule.
- Residential summer camp for children and adults with physical or developmental disabilities. Located on Grand Lake in New Brunswick, Canada. Schedule, programs, facilities, photos, and detailed information for campers and parents.
Camp Rubber Soul
- Overnight camp in Mendicino, California for children with varying degrees of disabilities. Includes camp scrapbook, newspaper, and bulletin board.
- Overnight camp in Argyle, Texas for ages 6 to adult who are developmentally delayed, physically challenged, multi-disabled or dual sensory impaired. Includes calendar, newsletters, photo album, maps, and FAQs.
- Retreat in Casco, Maine for kids with life threatening illnesses and their families. Facilities, history, programs, and things to bring.
- Two summer programs in Goshen, Vermont for individuals with physical, mental, and emotional challenges. Mountain Reach accepts ages 10 to 20; Pine Haven accepts campers ages 21 and over. Includes applications, directions, history, and activities.
- Six or twelve-day sessions in Apopka, Florida for developmentally disabled individuals of all ages. Application, schedule, rates, and contact information.
- Two-week residential camps, and weekend retreats, in Kilworthy, Ontario, Canada for kids and teens with complex neurological disorders. Offers sibling retreat and autism camp. Includes waiting list form, newsletter, and photo gallery.
- Overnight camp in Boulder Creek, California for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Features programs, history, facilities, and staff application form. [Forms are Microsoft Word documents.]
Champions Kids Camp
- Non-profit camp in Alvin, Texas for children ages 8 to 12 who have survived a traumatic event.
Children's Association for Maximum Potential (CAMP)
- Camping and respite programs in Center Point, Texas for children and adults with severe disabilities or medical conditions. FAQs, applications, volunteer information and other program information.
Double H Hole in the Woods Ranch
- Camp in Lake Luzerne, New York for kids and teens, ages 6 to 16, with critical illnesses. Activities, schedule, campers corner message board, and application.
Dream Oaks Camp
- Day, weekend, and overnight programs, in Bradenton, Florida, for ages 7 to 17 with physical and developmental disabilities and chronic illnesses. Programs, calendar of events, schedule, and applications.
Happy Adventure Summer Camp
- Day summer camp serving severely developmentally and physically disabled children and young adults from Santa Barbara, Carpinteria, and Ventura, California.
- Handicap accessible Christian camp and retreat center offers programs for both physically and mentally challenged children and adults. Also available for group retreats. Located in Walworth, Wisconsin. Schedule, fees, and registration forms.
- A volunteer run summer camp for children with physical and mental disabilities in Ohio
Kappa Kidney Camp
- Overnight camp in Bellefontaine, Ohio for kids and teens, ages 8 to 18, who are on dialysis or have had a kidney transplant. Activities, camper checklist, and registration forms. [Free Adobe download required for forms.]
Kelly's Summer Camp Adventures
- Created by a former camper at a Muscular Dystrophy camp. Provides information and a pictorial look into the activities for children at these camps.
Kostopulos Dream Foundation
- Summer camp for campers of all ages and ability levels for over 30 years. Salt Lake City, UT.
Lions Bear Lake Camp
- Offers a free camp for visually impaired youth and a low-cost camp for hearing impaired youth. Facility is also available for rental year-round, with discounts to special needs and nonprofit/youth groups. Located in Lapeer, Michigan. Photos, programs, fees, and information request forms.
Mid Hudson Valley Camp
- New York camp for mentally/physically challenged persons, and children with cancer or HIV. High school and college staff volunteer time each summer. Sponsored by the Marist Brothers.
Northwest Kiwanis Camp
- Overnight programs, in Chimacum, Washington, for ages 6 to 60 with developmental disabilities. Activities, dates and age groups, packing list, scholarships, FAQs, and directions.
Partners in Adventure
- Fully inclusive and non-competitive program in Burlington, Vermont for young people 12 to 21 with a full range of physical and developmental abilities and their non-disabled peers. Organization history, dates, rates, and forms.
- Summer camp, day camp, respite retreat weekends for mentally and physically challenged from 8 to 80 years old. A 165 acre campus in North Central Ohio.
Saint Francis Camp on the Lake
- Overnight programs, in Jerome, Michigan, for mentally impaired children and adults. Program, activities, camperships, and application.
Shady Oaks Camp
- Private overnight summer camp in Homer Glen, Illinois for children and adults with Cerebral Palsy and similar disabilities. Parents Association for Cerebral Palsy Children members earn camp time through dues and fundraising.
- An organization whose goal is to provide disabled individuals around the United States or their families with a summer camp and a chapter support group they can attend.
- Offers residential camp programs in Dittmer, Missouri for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Includes facilities, programs, yearbook, and registration form.
The Fowler Center for Outdoor Learning
- Located in Michigan, provides recreational opportunities for children and adults with mental and physical disabilities, including trails, adapted horseback riding, organic garden, and barnyard.
The June Rusche Hamrah Camp For All
- Barrier free camp for children and adults with chronic illnesses or disabilities and their families. [Texas]
The Learning Camp
- Summer camp for 7-17 year old ADHD, ADD, learning disabled, and dyslexic children offers academic tutoring and traditional camp activities. Located in Vail Valley, Colorado. Includes photos, staff profiles, testimonials, and registration form.
The Painted Turtle
- Camp in Lake Hughes, California, for kids and teens, ages 7 to 16, with serious illnesses. Activities, schedule by illness, virtual tour, and application.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:02:22 PM EDT -