become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sailing/Personal_Pages
Recreation: Boating: Personal Pages
This category in other languages:
- The story of the design and construction of a world cruising yacht and her subsequent voyages. Includes pictures, plans, technical details and contact information.
- Articles about twenty years of sailing adventures by James Baldwin, including two circumnavigations, in his 28' sloop.
- Account of a boatbuilder's obsession, detailing the construction of a 15-foot "Titmouse" design.
- Information about a sailing team and a J/30 which races out of Cleveland, Ohio. Offers information on the crew, and photo gallery.
- The trans-Pacific sailing logs of a couple from Vancouver Island, Canada aboard their 41 foot sloop. With photographs.
- Brief narrative about the Nordic Folkboat Carina, and its restoration project.
The Cat's Pyjamas?
- An account of efforts to overcome many OEM defects and upgrade a 39' Prout Escale catamaran.
- Information and advice on building and sailing Bolger's 20' cat yawl designs.
- Information for Hobie Trifoiler owners and fans including photos, advice, technical information, and links.
- Diary, photo gallery, and message board of a 43' sailing vessel.
Cruising in Taonui
- Features reports of the many sailing adventures of Tony Gooch, including the solo non-stop circumnavigation undertaken in 2002.
Cruising the Bahamas
- Tips on boat preparation and provisioning, charts, and weather channel links for crossings of the Gulf Stream from Florida to The Bahamas.
- Information about Sailboat Dory II, its design, builder and owner, the Aegaean Sea, onehandsailing, wooden boat, Turkish Coast.
- Documents the rebirth of a 1974 British-built twin-keel sloop for cruising with progress toward making the 31' sloop seaworthy and offshore capable.
The Eye of the Wind
- Chronicles the farewell voyage as the vessel sails from Bermuda to Denmark to its new owner. Features images, video clips, and a message board.
The Fabola Diva Collection
- Information about a Fabola Diva 35 sailing boat named Unique. Include tips, tricks, tests, links, articles and photos.
Fife Restoration Project
- The trials and tribulations of an amateur restoring a nineteenth century classic wooden sailing yacht.
Geoff Schultz's BlueJacket Sailing Site
- Photos and reports from 30,000 miles of sailing and diving adventures aboard a 1997 Freedom 40 on the east coast of the US and the Caribbean.
- Describing the construction of a 100 foot aluminum schooner, with specification and progress photographs.
- Information and guidance about sailing, cruising and living on-board through the French canals and rivers to the Mediterranean aboard a Southerly 115.
Hacking Family Home
- Jon and Sue Hacking and their teenagers Chris and Amanda on "Ocelot," a Kronos 45 catamaran. Documents their voyage starting in the Caribbean in the spring of 2002, with photographs, stories, boat specifications and equipment, schooling, flora and fauna, and recipes.
- Images of ships and people, places to sail, and links to tall ship Eye of the Wind.
Iwalani's Voyage Around the World
- Join the crew of Iwalani as they take three years to circumnavigate the world, sailing on a self-built 42 foot cutter.
- Chronicles the construction of the 65 foot hackmatack schooner in Bar Harbor, Maine. Later renamed "Quinnipiack", she now sails from New Haven, Connecticut, taking school children out onto Long Island Sound.
Jeanie Johnston Chronicle
- Ireland's replica timber sailing ship makes her trans-Atlantic voyage to the US and Canada in Spring 2001. Pictures and progress reports from residents of Blennerville, Kerry, Ireland as she is being built.
John Stevenson's Sailing Web
- Offers pictures and descriptions of Stevenson's sailing experiences over the past 30 years, including the Chesapeake Bay, three sailing trips to Bermuda, and plans for an upcoming transatlantic voyage on his 42' Pearson ketch. Also includes photographs and descriptions of canal boating in France and his time in Okinawa and Panama.
- Includes summaries of how to make a sailboat steer itself without an autopilot, navigational worksheets, and a sailing resume.
Long Passages - Cruising The World
- Circumnavigation in a Shannon 38 with information on destinations from Annapolis to Singapore and beyond.
Main Marine Maritime
- Image gallery of tall ships, sailing vessels, and cruise liners. Photographs of barges and general maritime shipping.
- The adventures of Sophie, a Manta 19 trailer sailer number 1239 built by Blakes Marine of Hoylake in 1983.
Mark Rosenstein's Sailing Page
- Collection of sailing information with a bent toward Tall Ships and maritime history.
Memories of sailing the Eye of the Wind
- Eye of the Wind is a tall ship with many adventures under her keel. Stories of her owners, crews and guests along with photographs.
- A family from Vancouver Island, Canada set off aboard their 50 foot Herreshoff Ketch on a journey of adventure and discovery.
- Looking for people who share similar interests in sailing, fishing, and diving. Interested in doing charters in the Los Angeles(Long Beach) area.
Mike's Virtual Chandlery
- Site dedicated to Tanzer owners and boaters.
Misty Morn II
- About sailing South from the Chesapeake Bay to Florida and beyond. Emphasis on the Intracoastal Waterway and Okeechobee Lake. Includes sections on cooking, charts, weather links, boat drinks, and general living aboard.
Myles G. Jenkins
- Personal profile of a RYA yachtmaster who sails luxury yachts and other boats throughout the world.
Mystic Rhythms Great Adventure
- The sailing adventures of a catamaran and her crew as they wander the high seas.
- Information about Thierry Jacquet and his travels around the world in an Outborn 44 aluminum sloop. Includes vessel specifications and image galleries.
- Blog of a sailor attempting to sail solo half way around the world from Europe to Australia.
- A 42 foot steel sailing yacht which has sailed the Northwest Passage. Includes information on the route, the boat and her crew.
Noxhy's Ships Page
- Photo gallery of tallships.
- Information on a Sirocco 31, designed by Angus Primrose, and built in Spain.
Official Website of Ellen MacArthur
- Background and current information on the decade's outstanding competitive sailor. Includes photographs, video clips and media reports.
- Information about Seaward 25 sailboat modifications and places cruised. Includes sailing links and information.
OOD 34 Online
- Resource for owners and sailors of the Offshore One-Design 34 class yacht.
Petestack Sailing Pages
- Scottish west coast racing with an Impala 28 and an SK700, sailing forums and past adventures with Drascombes and other boats.
- His sailing adventures to The Bahamas and the Gulf Islands on Madgic Spell, a Macgregor 26x. Descriptions with photos of trips to Gulf Islands, Vancouver, Victoria, San Juan, Bahama Bank and Port Lucaya.
- The pictures and experiences of a family circumnavigating aboard a 42 foot Fountaine Pajot Venezia catamaran.
- Stories, pictures, recipes, recommendations and cruising tips from a blue water cruising vessel.
- Photos, maps and narratives of the voyage by a couple in a 1978 Cheoy Lee 41 foot ketch from Chicago to The Bahamas, and their aspirations beyond.
The Refit of the "Vicson"
- Photo journal of the renovation of a vintage Challenger 24 sailboat.
Restoration of Glissando
- The two year restoration of a 1963 Pearson Triton found wasting away in a boatyard, the launching in May 2001 and cruising logs from then.
- Information on a Fisher 37, including specifications, modifications, and details of trips in the Mediterranean.
Ryan's Sailing Page
- Sailing photos collection, with pages on boats, windsurfing, trips, and family.
S/V Cats Paw
- The logs, adventures and insights of an Oregon couple in their Malö 42 sloop on voyages to Alaska and the South Pacific. Includes an extensive equipment section.
S/V Morning Star
- About living aboard and cruising in the Sea of Cortez, Mexico, places liked and things learned. Includes tips on heavy weather anchoring.
Sail Challenge 2002
- An opportunity to learn how to sail. Offer courses during a one week cruise of Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Sailing from San Francisco to the Channel Islands and Mexico.
- Offers information, images, and opinions of Blue Traveler, a Bostrom 37 sloop.
Sailing Around the World: Out of Bounds
- Sailing around the world on a 46 foot Swan sailboat. A three year sailing journey brought to the web with Quicktime VR/video, Real Audio, high res JPG images, and frequent updates.
- The owner's log about the schooners Orbit II and Rosemary Ruth, including a description of the loss of the former and refit of the latter.
- Sailing the Northsea with Belgian S/V Sybarite, a Jeanneau Melody, built in 1979.
Sailing Vessel Sergeant Lewis
- Photos of the construction and launch of a big plywood/composite trimaran.
Schooner Free Spirit
- The cruising logs and photographs of a family aboard their 50 foot Dudley Dix designed schooner.
- Photos and text track the preparation of a 1982 Bruce Roberts 34' sloop by a couple who aim to circumnavigate from Portland, Maine, USA.
- Information on the purchase and outfitting of a 2007 Hunter 49. Includes specifications, photos and media reviews.
- History, specifications, line drawings and photos of Shark keel boats in general and of Shark 007 in particular.
- Story of a 2001 trip from Denmark to Malta. Offers crew and vessel profiles, logs, advice and tips.
Survive the Savage Sea
- Provides insight to the Robertson family, who survived for 38 days in an open boat after killer whales sank S/Y Lucette, their 43' staysail schooner.
- Photographs and descriptions of a Najad 490 cutter as it is being built and then sailed from Sweden to the South Pacific.
- The 22' prototype sailboat and crew of 3. Puget Sound area racing, cruising, links to Seattle area Yachting sites. Includes racing humor.
- Chronicling the adventures of a Canadian couple preparing to set-out around the world in their Corbin 39 named Toboggan. Includes background and boat specifications.
- Information about the sailor, traveller, raconteur and motorcyclist including his books and associated services. Also consultancy and specialty on traditional sailboats, speeches and lectures.
Tor Pinney's Homepage
- American cruising sailor, writer and songwriter. Many published sea stories, boating articles, and photographs.
Travels with S/Y Thetis
- Sailing logs of the Thetis in the seas around Greece, Turkey, Malta, and Italy. Illustrated with maps and photographs and containing much historic and geographic information.
- For fans of "not-so-new" yachts. Provides photos and links to owners of vintage yachts, with an emphasis on Westerly.
Voyage of Heartsong III
- A Texas couple fulfilling a lifelong dream of sailing around the world aboard a Hylas 54.
Voyage of the Swan
- An on-going chronicle of the selection, building, outfitting, and cruising of a Pacific Seacraft 34 sailboat.
- Chronicles Wayne's sailing adventures on a 22 foot South Coast Seacraft.
- A Swan 76 ketch currently circumnavigating. Schedule, location and crew information.
- Story of the delivery and subsequent adventures aboard a 1984 Irwin 41' ketch. Includes trip logs, photos, and Jim's recipes.
Windward to Home
- Verbal and pictorial depiction of a northbound coastal passage from Mazatlan, Mexico to the Southern California area.
- Eric B. Forsyth's travelogue as he sails around the world on a 42-foot yacht.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 20, 2016 at 14:05:04 UTC -